SRS Give my your opinion

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jewel, May 15, 2005.

1. jewel

jewel New Member

Hi, Im a mother of one and the father of my child has an addiction to weed. We have been together for five years and every year he tells me he will cut down or qiut. He addmitts that hes addicted , all of his friends smoke. He spends alot of money on it and we are constatly broke. The worst part is that im a social worker and i know he needs help and that people only make those decisions for themselves, but he has a family and i thought that was most important...???

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Sounds like misplaced priorities. The best advice I can give you is to not enable him. If he has to bear the cost of his actions, he might wake up to reality sooner. You can't intervene and force him to get clean much less than anyone can force someone to become an addict. You're powerless over his recovery (if he'll get recovery at all) and it must be on him. Does he know about the fellowship of narcotics anonymous? If he truly wants to get clean, that'll be the route he needs to take.

3. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I agree with what nukegoat said, and also you may want to hit up a Narc-Anon or Al-Anon meeting. I have updated the sticky entitled "Do I suffer from addiction? Where do I get help?" You should check out 9) and 10).

4. Columbo

Columbo Guest

Stop giving him money.

5. Bean

Bean Guest

try to check out some nar anon or al anon meetings