Give me your opinions on the 2003 celica

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Cyber0066, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Cyber0066

Cyber0066 New Member

Looking to buy my first used car for cheap. I found a decent priced celica GT that has just over 100,000 kms on it.

I'm just looking for a cheap and reliable car to last me until after I'm done school (around 2-3 years). Key word, reliable. I know the car's under powered, but I've grown up driving a corolla so this is a step up.

Open to any other suggestions I could look into.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

How much are they asking? Personally, I thought about getting a cheap car before I got what I wanted, but I decided to just wait it out and get what I really wanted (Datsun 240Z, getting it in January).

:dunno:

3. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I enjoyed my '00 GT. It's a light car at 2450 lbs, so the power goes further than you'd think, and it's fun to swing around corners. Hopefully the car you are looking at is a 5-speed because auto Celicas stink.

The main competition to this car would the Acura Integra - clearly the Celica's design goal - or RSX. Both are similar performing, similarly reliable, nicer on the inside imo, but they might cost more and be more of a pain to own depending on your area (theft magnet).

Some others you might look at: Mazda Protege5/Protege ES sedan, Hyundai Elantra GT, Subaru Impreza 2.5RS/TS, Mitsu Lancer Ralliart, Mini Cooper, Honda Civic Si ('02-05 hatch).