give me some input on my eating schedule please.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by el Dano, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el Dano

el Dano Guest

10:30am
    1 banana
    bowl of special K (2%milk)

11am - 1pm everyday at gym.

1PM
    1 chicken breast (marinade)
    2 1/2 cups of steamed broc.

7PM
    1 1/2 chicken breast (marinade)
    2 1/2 cups of vegtables.

im trying to drop weight and still get some protein into my diet.
    i stay away from soda (if at all i drink diet ginger ale since it has no caffine)
    and im taking lipo 6.

any suggestions?

2. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

that's under 1000 calories a day :ugh:

3. el Dano

el Dano Guest

actually its around 1800 cal intake a day.

4. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

i don't see how that is possible unless you are eating giant mutated chicken breasts. Even assuming each chicken breast is half a pound and you are having a double serving of cereal i still get ~ 1200 cals.

5. el Dano

el Dano Guest

i'll actually go ahead and take some pictures tomorrow if you really want to see. i have been doing this for about a month now.

actually for the first two weeks it was two chicken breast's instead of one.
    im trying to drop a massive amount of weight, i got really fat over the last 2 years and its horrible. i have been hitting the gym everyday (i know not the best idea).

6. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

More protein, more cardio, 300g of carbs. Oh and eat more veggies (with exception to peas, carrots, and corn) the negative calories will help you lose weight. Try to eat like a family pack of green beans per meal, or more.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  7. RG

RG New Member

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

8. el Dano

el Dano Guest

whats a good way to get the 300g of carbs?
    and why not corn, pea's or carrots?

9. el Dano

el Dano Guest

stupid question...
    but is it really that bad for my calorie intake to be so low?

10. Elfling

Elfling New Member

What do you weigh now?

And unless you are weighing or otherwise measuring your food, your perception of what you're eating is wrong. You really need to get a food scale or some measuring cups at the very least to accurately figure out what you're eating.

And yes-1k calories is extremely low for a guy (I gather you're not tiny if you're trying to lose weight) and you're going to lose a lot of muscle going that low.

11. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Uhh..no. Vegetables do not have negative calories. Green beans are one of the higher calorie vegetables to boot.

300 g of carbs is 1200 calories- where'd you get that recommendation? Unless he's an endurance athlete or a huge guy, I HIGHLY doubt he needs that much of his intake to be from carbs.

12. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Potato's, rice and oatmeal can easily get the job done.

13. RG

RG New Member

he should have 2 extra servings of musclemilk a day in addition to his foot.. it helps burn fat (says so on the label

14. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

umm... ok. i'm kind of lost on that one.

15. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Sarcasm.

16. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

i kind of guessed it, this is ot f&n.

17. el Dano

el Dano Guest

i weigh 230. i have dropped 10 pounds in the last month or so.
    i have a "log" posted, but i need to update it...and put up some pictures.

18. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Yeah, definitely start weighing/measuring your food and getting a more exact count of what you're eating :wavey:

19. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

I usually suggest not eating them because they are high in natural sugars, but at the point your at I suppose it's not a real big deal. Good sources of carbs are startches and oats (ie: oatmeal, brown rice, yams, potatoes, refried beans, etc.)

20. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

Uh yes, green vegtables take more energy to break down in the digestion process to get at the carbohydrates than you take in, thus the term "negative calorie". And the 300g is meant to be consumed on a 3 day carb/2 day no carb cycle. Cardio is an essential.

BTW, you sure have alot of diet advice for someone who is overweight.:hsugh:

21. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You should up the cals and worry about eating clean. You could lose weight by eating 2500 cals if you up the cals slowly. You have to get veggies + protein at every meal and eat 4-5 meals a day.

22. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, it's sugar, but eating a couple of bay carrots won't kill him. It's like 35 cals for 8 baby carrots, it won't have much of an effect.

23. Elfling

Elfling New Member

No. Green vegetables DO NOT take more energy to break down than they provide. Go look up the caloric values for green beans.

And I'm not overweight :dunno:

24. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Green beans, raw, string
    Nutrition Facts Amount Per 1 cup Calories 34.1
    Calories from Fat 1.19
    % Daily Value * Total Fat 0.132g 0% Saturated Fat 0.0286g 0% Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0649g Monounsaturated Fat 0.0055g Cholesterol 0mg 0% Sodium 6.6mg 0% Potassium 229.9mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 7.85g 3% Dietary Fiber 3.74g 15% Protein 2g 4% Alcohol 0g

Sure, low-calorie, but not negative.

25. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Q: Is it true that some fruits and vegetables contain “negative calories,” so that you actually burn more calories eating them than the food provides?
    A: First let’s clarify what a calorie really is. Technically, there are no calories in your food, because a calorie isn’t a “thing.” It’s not like a protein or a fat or a vitamin. You can’t see a calorie, even with a microscope. A calorie is simply a measurement, just like a gram or a pound, or an inch or a light year. Calories are a measure of heat, and they are used to calculate the amount of energy a food supplies to your body.
    When you look at the nutritional analysis of any food, the number of calories stated is an estimate of the amount of energy your body gets from that particular food. These measurements are determined in food laboratories. Knowing that carbohydrates and protein supply 4 calories per gram and fat supplies 9 calories per gram, scientists analyze these (and other) components in the food and, based on that analysis, estimate the number of calories supplied by the food.
    All foods supply calories and yes, calories are required to digest, absorb, and metabolize (”burn”) foods and convert them into energy. And yes, technically, it’s possible that some foods burn more calories than they supply. But to say that a food contains negative calories just doesn’t make sense because, for one thing, we don’t consume a diet of single foods. So many individual factors affect metabolism, including your body size, body composition and your overall diet, that it’s all but impossible to say whether or not you’ll burn more calories eating say, an apple or a celery stalk, than the food itself actually supplies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.