Give me a little guidence please, i need a little bit of direction.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bigman7903, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Hey guys, i have a few goals that i want/need to make. I have spent a good amount of time just perusing the threads here over the past couple years but i don;t think i've seen quite what i'm looking for. I want to 1) drop from 240-245 down to 190 by Nov. and i want to get my legs back up to snuff after multiple injuries.

Background: I wrestle in college (Fr.). I have undergone 2 knee surgeries in since last July and have not been able to lift legs since Feb. 2006. I tore the articular cartilage on the Femur and had plica issues in June, and recently I tore the articular cartilage in two more places and required micro-fracture in the same knee. I also broke my ankle in Feb. pushing back knee surgery until 2 weeks ago. I also found out that i'm not very competitive with my middle weight (245) and bad knees in the college hwt scene, so i decided to drop to 197 before i hurt the knee. Obviously my weight is up to 245 again since exercise has been non-existant since Feb.

Goals:
    -Rehab the knees back up to snuff
    -Get leg muscle back up
    -Cut to 197

Problem:
    I've always been a bulker so its a little foreign to me what to do in order to try and get my legs back up in a bulk, yet cut overall down to 197.

Ideas:
    -Severe diet is order, lots of salad, chicken breast, and oatmeal
    -buy a new bike and RIDE

Help me, i'm kind of lost as to how to go about this, its a goofy predicament. Thank you very much for any help you can give me, i know the basics, but i need some things that will help me specifically. Thank you again.

And if i'm being a tard, ignore this or preferably leave me something saying so. :noes: Questions are always welcome.

2. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

I wreslted in HS and had a knee injury so I know where your coming from. I had to skip junior year to get my knee back in shape and I also gained alot of weight (going from a 147 to 185). Heres what I did to get back in shape and be able to wrestle senior year- Eat clean foods like rice, cottage cheese, corn, tuna, chicken breasts, etc. For excersise I couldnt go to the gym right off that bat because my knee was still weak from after surgery. I did physical therapy and I rode a bike and I started to swim everday. Swimming everday is the key I think to my recovery. The resistance is perfect for someone who has weak or recovering knees. Also it gives a great workout. If I were you I would go to your local swim center as much as possible and swim for at least 1 hour a time. I would also go to a physical therapist or find out the problem areas you need to work on and find the excersise to rehibilitate that weakness.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

swimming is good, dunno where the hell i'm gonna go for a good swim thoough. Definitely learned my lesson, don't wrestle with a weak knee.

4. Fireman68w

Fireman68w Banned

Lots of places trust me. For now I would just focus on physical therapy and getting that knee back in shape. Nothing you can do with a fucked knee and ankle. Also you didnt mention what your diet was like. I assume its shit becasue your in college.

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

its better than most actually, my problem is that yes its college food, but on top of it all i have a shitty thyroid, my levels are borderline and non doc will give me the meds for it, so my metabolism is slow as hell

daily avg

breakfast / Lunch
    bagel w/ a little cream cheese and maybe some jelly
    eggs (whatever they have, those fake institution eggs)
    chocolate milk and lemonade lite

Dinner (varies due to what they serve)
    some form of meat, usually chicken
    pasta-bake (pasta, sauce, little mozzarella)
    Chocolate milk + Lemonade lite

Later meal
    Egg/Bagel/Cheese
    Yogurt w/ granola
    Lemoade lite
    sometimes a soft pretzel

Snack on almonds occasionally through the day

Of course being on campus, food changes daily, so i don't have as much choice as i would like, but i try to keep portions down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.