Give it a go or no?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Epiphany, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

So I met this guy I've been crushing on a bit. He works in the same department as one of my friends. She made a comment yesterday that he's quiet as a church mouse 8 hours a day 5 days a week that she's around him up until I'm around and he talks non stop... He sat with me at a party and talked to me most of the time and asked me to go to lunch with them the next day since I work down there too.

My friend thinks he's got a thing for me too but after talking to her I'm a bit hesitant. I'm not sure which way, or how to work this or if I should at all...

She told me that apparently he has had a girlfriend for the last 4 years or something but she moved about 3 hours away and actually bought a house there. She also said that she knows he has no desire or intention to move away and be there with her.

I'm thinking... on one hand they've been together for awhile and how do you just drop that... but the other hand...how serious can it be if she bought a house 3 hours away and he doesn't want to be with her? I would think that after that many years together you would either be in it or out of it...

My friends say give it a shot. Maybe he's just comfortable where he is and a catalyst would help him end a dead relationship.

2. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

you're better off asking him personally and start building trust early.

3. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Yeah the thing is I don't know him really well... I haven't had many chances to get to know him so it would be a little akward to come right out and lay it all on the table. I'm not really sure whether to go out with him if he's got a girl...(just to at least get to know him)

The times that I am around him there are at least 4-5 other people from his office there.... it's an odd situation. I see him a few times a week but theres not much of a chance to get to know him in that environment alone.

I normally would never even consider it. Even though she moved... If she hadn't bought a house knowing he doesn't want to move there I would not even question or consider. It would be out of the question.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2005
  4. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

imo... you're being a typical girl, and you're thinking waaay too much into it. just let things happen naturally. if you want to know if he likes you, then ask :) or casually say you'd like to go out sometime.

:dunno: he invited you to lunch, so i think he may like you ;)