Give a reason to buy an Xbox

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mudd, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Mudd

Mudd New Member

Give me some good reasons to sell my PS2 and all the games I have with it, and buy an Xbox. I love the capabilities of the Xbox, but aside from Halo and possibly NFL Fever, what games are out or coming in the near future that'll make this thing worth it?

2. IDAFC21

IDAFC21 New Member

yes, halo...nuff said

but dont sell the PS2, its still very worthwhile

nfl fever...graphics are nice, but gameplay's kinda eh

3. aguban

aguban Z

4. Metal

Metal Active Member

halo :big grin:

5. The_Rock

The_Rock Guest

There is none. X-box = :down:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

man just get a mod chip for ps2 like i did, and there wont be need for the X-box...

7. Hood Moses

Hood Moses I part the Black Seas...

8. Mudd

Mudd New Member

I dunno. $250 for one game seems a BIT steep, dontcha think? MLB Slugfest looks VERY cool, and so does that new Max Payne look-alike game (Dead or Alive or something to that effect). But if Halo's the only reason to get an Xbox, I'll stick wif my PS2...

9. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

MotoGP
    Ralli-Sport Chalenge
    Project Gotham
    DOA3
    Gunvalkyrie
    Outlaw Golf
    Fuzion Frenzy
    JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future
    Wreckless
    AirForce Delta Storm

Plus Upcoming games...
    MechAssault
    Quantum Redshift
    Whacked!
    F1 2001
    Midtown Madness 3
    Sega GT 2002
    Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (I enjoy the series?)
    Dead To Rights

Plus the best looking and best sounding (real time 5.1) multiplatform games out there. Becuase the gameplay is the same...you might as well go for the one with the best looks and flare.

I can say, from experience playing them long into the night (dont ask), that MechAssault will kick your ass! It rocks, i played it for about 4 hours straight...its THAT good!
    Whacked was kick ass multiplayer. If you think OUtlaw Golf has some sick humor...brace yourself.
    And Quantum Redshift looks EXCEPTIONAL in its early form, and is already quite playable.

Next year the XBox will have some killer games, and will really come into its own.

There, now you have an answer that isnt...
    Happy now?

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

The XBox has a hard drive, you don't need any memory cards. Also, you can upload sonds and some games can use your custom soundtracks. That and 16 player Halo is the best gaming experience on a console... ever.

XBox live will be the first AND best way to online game. Get it.

11. Metal

Metal Active Member

12. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

Xbox has a hard drive, you can rip cds into mp3s and use your own music in some games or use it like a mp3 player. good graphics (until someone makes better) can play games in 5.1 Suround sound(wich is really pimp if you ask me) and soon enough you will be able to hook up into an online xbox network. At least the network is coming so they say. and pimp games like Halo, Project Gotham Racing, blah, blah, etc.

13. QS

QS Guest

Keep your PS2

Keep the PS2, only title out now worth getting an XBOX for is Halo. An I read that PS2 has some new shit coming out thats suppose to be a Halo killer:fawk: .
    That an PS2 going online next month, you'd be a fool to down grade to a Xbox.:wiggle:

14. mesuinu

mesuinu Oi to the world...

15. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

There are plenty of great games out for it now that are actually fun and have long term play value.

There are plenty of great games coming out for it in the next coming weeks.

The Multiplayer capability is out of the box and much more smoother then the PS2.... even with the adapter on the PS2, I noticed the game play to lag in some places.

Built in ethernet port for internet multiplayer games... I can already play Halo and NFL Fever 2k2 online. Is the PS2 internet adapter even out yet? or has it been delayed again?

For $200 the XBox has a built in HD which makes life so much easier with saved games and cuts down on the load times ALOT since disc data is cached onto the HD. You have to spend a additional $200 for a HD for your PS2 and that brings it to $400-$500 on the total cost.

The XBox has better graphics and REALTIME Dolby Digital Surround Sound... the realtime surround sound itself makes the game experience so much better. The PS2 only has Dolby Prologic surround sound which sounds like ass, normal stereo sounds better for gameplay. The PS2 can do realtime digital surround sound, but it is software depended and really kills the frame rate on the game, not to mention only 2-3 games still offers it and no other PS2 game makers plan on having realtime digital surround, because of the slowless and lack of space leftover on discs. ALL Xbox games offer realtime digital surround sound.

My PS2 has been retired to a DVD player in the guest room since I have gotten my XBox. Multiplayer games like Hunter The Reckoning and NCAA Football 2003 are fucking fun.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  16. Mudd

Mudd New Member

You touched a little more than most on what I was looking for. I love the fact that the Xbox's HD out of the box, and has a progressive scan DVD player (I have a nice 57" HD TV I have everything hooked up to). Digital 5.1 is also nice, seeing as how I have surround sound all hooked up and ready to go. I didn't know that Halo had multiplayer on the ethernet already out and running.

I've been using my roomate's Xbox quite a bit lately, renting some FUN games, like Crazy Taxi 3, Gun Metal, and Outlaw Golf. I think it's got the staying power - I'm going to go ahead and get one this weekend, I think.

Thanks.

17. It makes a good doorstop.

18. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

In other words...STFU dip shit.

19. Technoz

Technoz Guest

I like my xbox, but I'm still waiting for a good racing game to come out.
    Project Gotham's point system doesn't appeal to me

Test Drive is ungodly unrealistic. All the cars go 0-100 in like 2-3 seconds and the computer assistance is rediculous.

haven't tried wrecked yet ( i think that's the name), maybe that one is good :dunno:

But I love Halo, NHL2K2, and DOA3

20. Sage Xaero

Sage Xaero OT Addict

controller is a great paper weight to

21. mesuinu

mesuinu Oi to the world...

Thank you. That was intended for your amusement.. jeez, this forum really does flame a lot >.<

22. aznboi320

aznboi320 OT Supporter

dude the xbox is going to die with the dreamcast cuz look at home little games the dreamcast came out with and look at how little games the xbox has right now :Þ. gotta stick with the old faithful ps2 :) and look at how much games you can play even the old psx games!

23. mastermojo

mastermojo Guest

Get the Xbox for these reasons:
    1. Halo
    2. Unreal Championship
    3. Brute Force
    4. Metal Gear Solid: Substance (which comes out months before ps2 version)
    5. Project Ego
    6. Amazing Online Play that is very fast

24. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

If thats the route you want to take, then i guess Nintendo will die to, becuase they have even fewer games the the XBox does. I can think of alot more XBox games id rather spend my time playing over the GCN titles currently avliable. Plus the GCN has no other draw, aside from being a gaming system. No on-line play, no backward compatability, no multimedia features...yeah, i think the GCN will go the way of the DreamCast...not the XBox. Besides, its not as if MS doesnt have plenty of money in reserve to sustain the system.

25. aznboi320

aznboi320 OT Supporter

the gc is going to have a network card but the games will suck so bad there only for little kids but at $150 its pretty cheap :)