COMIC GITS: SAC 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by babygodzilla, Jan 26, 2005.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

can someone summarize to me all the politics behind GITS:SAC? i noe most of the stuff going on with the Laughing Man -Murai Vaccine- Serano Genomix(and it's micromachines), but what is the deal with the Secretary General that Section 9 wanted to bring down?

and in 2nd GIG, what is the deal with the screwy faced man? thanks!

2. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

man...
    it's been a while since i watched 1st gig so i'm going off of what i remember

1st gig was originally planned as a one season (26ep) series. if you notice over time that the general tone of the anime sort of changes with the whole refugee issue being brought in (when arai goes to find out stuff about his brother) amongst other things. but that doesn't really relate to the secretary general.

if i'm not mistaken, everyone up to the Secretary General was involved in the consipiracy to keep Murai vaccine off the market. from keeping the vaccine off the market, those involved recieved a kickback. also, rumors of the sec. gen. holding a high number of stocks from the companies that had nano machines and what not.

in 2nd gig, that screwy faced man, i'm assuming you're referring to Gouda, is the one that's moving all the pawns and stuff. it's a VERY complex story line...it puts laughing man to shame. I believe he's the head of internal affairs.

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ive seen 2nd gig up to 15 and i cant remember it lol

4. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

let's say by ep24 the story takes some crazy turns

from ep1 you can see strains of the overall plot with the individualist 11. in 1st gig, all you had was sec.9 stopping an international spy which really had nothing to do with the overall story line (though the minister of foreign affairs made a cameo appearance in one of the first few episodes of 2nd gig...the cash eye one)

melloboy

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

im watching the 2nd movie (innocence) rite now. i think the characters are rather different. they seem older and colder. there's like no humor in the dialogue. aramaki was like barking orders and thats it. well i dunno im only about 30 mins into it, so we'll see

6. JP

JP Active Member

the movies are nothing like the tv show...

7. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

innocence takes place after GITS Movie
    SAC occurs on an alternate timeline when they don't encounter the puppet master...also notice that SAC seems to take place in Japan while the movies take place in a heavily chinese influenced area.

Innocence was actually released as a movie and also a prequel book simultaneously which delves into much more detail as to why Batou has Gabriel and events that take place the day before Innocence...

The title is appropriately called Innocence: After the Long Goodbye

8. f00l

f00l Active Member

2nd gig is so confusing right now.......i thought that guy (forgot his name right now lol the guy who has a kid and is not a cyborg) left the group because he was accused of attemped murder or something........and the guy who he shot killed some women in front of him.

the episode just ended with him still in court then next episode he is back on the team :confused:

but i must admit the episode about the sniper guys past was good

9. Ryuu Murakami

Ryuu Murakami New Member

You're talking about Togusa right? They got him acquited of the charges and the Pazu rammed the lawyer and that cyborg off a bridge or something in a car

10. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

Motoko tapped into Togusa's cyberbrain and that's why he became bold all the sudden and made those statements which led to the lawyer dropping the case

11. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

im half way into innocence and the major hasnt shown up yet. is she gonna be in this?

12. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

yes and no
    you'll figure out at the end, i guarantee it

13. f00l

f00l Active Member

did this all happen in the same episode?? or another one?? i don't remember that:o

14. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

yes
    man tries to rape or kill woman
    togusa attempts to stop murderer/rapist
    togusa thinks he succeeds, but doesn't
    man kills woman
    togusa is taken into custody for using his firearm while off-duty
    lawyer who specializes in frivolous lawsuits re: cybers comes and files a suit
    togusa ends up in court against lawyer and murderer
    togusa is fighting a losing battle
    somewhere along the line motoko leaves a tap open in togusa's cyberbrain
    motoko taps into togusa's cyberbrain
    togusa starts making bold statements immediately after court goes into recess
    togusa states that he is no longer a member of section 9 and will expose the lawyer's frivolous tactics and what not
    lawyer decides to dismiss case
    togusa is free of charges and what not
    lawyer is erased by someone in section 9...pazu or boma or saito..i'm guessing pazu

melloboy

15. kb

kb New Member

i tried to catch up on the whole thing, but i just couldnt grasp it

16. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

this innocence movie is really screwy

17. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

Ya, It visually fucking amazing though.

18. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ok so i just finished Innonecence. that was actually pretty good once i understood wat the story was about. anyways im not sure wats the deal with the major. so now she's just something living on the net? she doesnt have a physical body? it looks like this movie is a few years after 2nd Gig cause Togusa's kid looks a bit older than in 2nd gig, as well as the other characters, especially Aramaki

19. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

it's a completely different parallel universe

movies:
    Section 9 encounters puppet master, motoko leaves a physical body and exists on the net. can, for the most part, freely enter other cybers bodies and what not as was seen in innocence towards the end

sac
    Section 9 doesn't encounter the puppet master, thus motoko still has a physical body (no reason to abandon it) and Batou has no real reason to obtain Gabriel (the basset hound) and he lives in a dinky little place lol.

melloboy

20. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ooh... ook so thats how it is. i dunno i dont really remember much about the first movie maybe i should watch it again

21. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

haha yeah

so basically, consider GITS movies a 3 part series in which most people will not know about the 2nd part cause it's a book

Motoko encounters puppet master and takes his offer to go off into the net...batou gets dumped

x-years later, comes Innocence:After the Long Goodbye and the main summary of it is Batou just wanted to love someone...that's the reason Gabriel the Basset hound is there. it's actually a very wrenching and touching story which covers events that occur the day before GITS2 starts. moreso than in the movie, it shows how much of an emotionally charged character Batou really is...especially after Gabriel runs away in the book.

1 day later comes GITS2: Innocence and only by reading the book do you know that Gabriel wasn't included as an afterthought but for good reason...it kinda changes the whole view of the movie quite a bit...it's a shame the book won't be released in english stateside

melloboy

22. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

wat is this book u keep talking about? wat is it about?

23. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

:cool:

24. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

what exactly is a "ghost?

25. JP

JP Active Member

There personalities, memories, ect...

what makes them "human"