SRS Girls with boyfriends

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by newsroom_can, Jan 26, 2006.

1. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Yes, I know... probably another thread about a guy who met this nice girl and started to like her but she has a boyfriend...

Whenever my friends had this problems, I told them that even if there is a goalie, it doesn't mean that they can't score...

But when it happens to me... I don't know what to do.

I met this girl in my class and we seat next to each other. We just started to talk about different stuff. It seems like we could just carry on our conversation on and on if it wasn't for a class.

For the last year or so, I have not been looking for a relationship. (Just looking to have fun.) I tried avoid having a girlfriend or be in a long-term relationship.

Of course, there has been some instances when I had crushes on other girls in my classes before... Sometimes, I chickened out and didn't really do anything but she found out. We remained as friends anyway. Other times, we went out but it just ended with few dates.

I am sure that we are still going to hang out and talk to each other... but I can't help thinking to myself that it would be nice to have a girlfriend (not just looking for sex but more than that) like her whenever I talk to her... but she has a boyfriend...:wtc:

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

She has a boyfriend, stay away.
    If she'll cheat on him, she'll probably cheat on you ;)

3. 311-420

311-420 New Member

dont do it mang, im in the same boat. its hard to resist, but when you picture someone beating your ass, it makes it a little easier.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Unless she's unhappy and leaving her current relationship of her own valition, you should steer clear. If she IS thinking of, or actively in the process of leaving that current relationship, though, I say move in for the kill as soon as she's free and clear.

5. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

I know, I know... :hs:

6. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Haven't talked about her relationship so far...

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

So then why would you put yourself in that situtation? Also try putting yourself in her BOYFRIEND'S shoes. How would you feel at another guy trying to step in his spot?

8. newsroom_can

newsroom_can Canada eh?

Well, I didn't really put myself in that situation... We were just sitting next to each other and started to talk...

9. big 1

big 1 New Member

Word of advice. Unless you are willing to get your ass handed to you by her boyfriend, I would back off thinking that way. I've had that problem with a guy trying to get with my girlfriend (old highschool classmate). I told him if he didn't back off I would literally drive up there and beat the fuck out of him. I am not an asshole but dont try to get with other peoples girlfriends. You are looking down the wrong hole.

10. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

She has a boyfriend. Who cares about her or him but you should at least have enough respect for yourself

11. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

WORD

12. Timdog

Timdog New Member

For some reason, this made me laugh. :rofl:

13. Sueded

Sueded New Member

Atleast fuck her one good time. Hanging out and talk to her for too long and your ass will be in friendzone. but if...:greddy:

..i understand.

14. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

My girlfriend dumped me in Japan for some guy she was hanging out with over there. He knew we were together...but he kept fucking going for it. When I flew out to Japan to visit my gf, she dumped me the day I got there. If I ever see that mother fucker, I'll fucking...I dont even want to know what I'd do.

My point is, I have every right to hate the guy, just as much as I have a right to hate the girl. They both hurt me, they both fucked me over. From that experience, I will never go for a girl that has a boyfriend again. Its just too fucked up.

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Not true. It takes two to tango and they were both equally responsible for what happened.

16. johan

johan Active Member

QFT.

Guys who get angry at the other guy are just too pussy hurt to be pissed at the one -- the ONLY one -- who did anything to them. THE GIRL.

That guy? He doesn't know you from shit. And in this case, he's half a world away.

Your girl is the one who left you. That guy didn't do anything.

Anyways, this reaction is typically because the guy can't truly admit or face the feeling of rejection. Some part of him wants to believe that the girl didn't REJECT him.

Nope, it happened because that guy STOLE her, CONVINCED her, wouldn't quit, etc etc, as if to make it like the girl had no choice.
    See then, he doesn't have to face up to the feeling of rejection. She didn't reject me, he TOOK her from me.

Except everyone, including the guy, knows it isn't true.
    The sooner you see this, the sooner you move on.

Hey, I'm not saying this guy is a saint. But he didn't do anything that frankly, MOST guys wouldn't have done. And you being half a world away, don't even know what she revealed about her other relationships. Who knows what she actually said about having another 'boyfriend'. Maybe she downplayed it. Maybe she said it was 'on hold'. Who knows.

Point is, being pissed at the guy is counterproductive and useless.

If you want to know why she left, look at two people and two people only. Look at a picture of her.
    Then look in the mirror.

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Do you honestly believe that?:rolleyes:
    That man should have been responsible enough to recognize that she was in a relationship and stayed away. Instead he kept pursuing it. They're BOTH in the wrong there.
    Ibetyou'vebeentheguywhostealsthegirlaway

18. johan

johan Active Member

That "OTHER" guy isn't a great guy, but he's insignificant. And irrelevant really.
    The problem here is between the guy and girl. It's between them.
    If it wasn't Other Guy #1, it would've been Other Guy #2, or #3, hell there's a whole world full of em.

It comes right back to the guy and girl. Sure Other Guy was the wedge in between them, but he's basically an inanimate object. SHE was the one who put it there, and kept bashing it in with a sledgehammer.

"Other Guy" was just doing what guys like to do, wedge themselves into tight places. ;)

19. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Saying that about the other guy makes him almost 'innocent' in my mind. It's making excuses for somebody else sticking their nose where it doesn't belong (in someone else's relationship).
    I hold both of them fully accountable, but that's just me.

20. johan

johan Active Member

Well, he's not 'innocent' exactly, but an attractive girl gets anywhere from 1 to a half-dozen or more 'are you interested' approaches every day. Well the exact count is irrelevant, other than to say that it's something that happens all the time.
    Is she hooking up with them? Nope. Because she doesn't engage.
    Guys...are just doing what guys do all the time.

The responsibility of preserving a relationship falls to the people actually IN the relationship. If one of those people no longer wants it....

As far as Other Guy in japan was concerned, who knows what was actually going on.

We don't know what she actually told Other Guy. And if she was willing to go all the way, Other Guy probably had good reason to suspect maybe it was over, or there wasn't much going on anyways.

Other Guy has no personal interest, no way to verify, and ultimately no particular responsibility.

Consider this:
    What if Other Guy posted here?
    What if he posted that he hooked up with a great girl, but her ex who was in a different country, kept harassing her, kept bugging her, even though she was in a different country, even though she wanted it to be over and done, and the "ex" just wouldn't take no for an answer? What then?

Some situation, but from the other side.

21. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

The contents of this thread are interesting.

1) Derailed heavily. This thread isn't about who's fault it is... the point is that it's bad to go for a taken girl because of what she'll do right back to you.

2) As long as we're talking about it, this "The other guy didn't do anything," stuff is utter crap. He did just as much as anybody come into your life and take something from it for his own. The girl is always the primary problem, but the guys DO deserve to get their faces bashed in, provided they knew about you.

22. ZeeMox

Exactly, the guy's a dick. I don't see how this invalidates my point :dunno:

I haven't been paying enough attention to the thread to know this, but are you speaking from experience, having been cheated on before?

23. thegreatlanfrit

thegreatlanfrit New Member

what if you're into the girl (with whom you happen to be sharing a house for the ski season - just met her at teh beginning of teh season) w/ a long distance boyfriend, but don't do anything about it b/c you know about him. then 3/4 of the way through the season you, her and a bunch of people are out drinking... u guys go back to the house and suddenly she's all over you... "well if you're not gonna do anything, i guess it's up to me" she basically says...

would you then proceed to date her for ~3.5 yrs?

24. ZeeMox

I guess I don't agree. I don't hit on girls I know are taken, and I keep flirtation to a minimum when I have a gf. I know a lot of guys that live by that kind of system just to avoid getting the shit beaten out of them.