girls - when is enough time to get over a relationship?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by shitwaffles, Oct 23, 2006.

1. shitwaffles

shitwaffles mother fucking timmy

this girl i know just got dumped by her boyfriend of 2.5 years, im wondering when i should approach her to ask her out... :noes:

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

there is no set time. It's a process, and it takes different amounts of time for each individual.

3. StealingBread

StealingBread New Member

My boyfriend took almost a year to get over his 2 year long relationship. -shrugs-

4. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

i've heard that it takes the average person about 2/3 of the time that you were together to get over them...not sure if that's true, but that's what i heard somewhere...i do believe though that it is different for every individual and you have to factor in the level of involvement, seriousness of the relationship, etc.

5. eviltommy

eviltommy is a creep.

this is pretty much spot on. not to burst your bubble, but its not going to happen(a "real" relationship) anytime soon, that is unless you just want to be a rebound fuck. imho, the best thing you can do is to play it cool and just talk to her here and there for a while. when you think there has been enough time past start hanging out with her and see what happens.

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

:hsugh:

Given the right circumstances (read: the right guy catches her eye) there is no waiting time.

7. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

Each person is different.

8. gkremian

gkremian New Member

I ended my 1 year 9 months relationship with my g/f (I know that you asked girls but I'm just makin the point that its different for each person) and I'm still not over her after six months so far.

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I find that VERY hard to believe. I would say it varies on too many factors for anyone to be able to pinpoint a time.

However, with that being said, men typically take longer than women. I think this is because the majority of men gut "surprise" dumped by their woman, and the woman has known all along. As a result, she is likely much better off.

So, with that being said, what about HER relationship? Did she dump him or did she get dumped? If she got dumped, likely she still likes him and will try to get back with him. However, if she dumped him, she has probably been "over" him for some time now. How do you find out? Well, if you start talking to her about her past relationship, you're on the fast track to getting friendzoned.

Go out with her, have some fun, and get her to laugh and have a good time. If you're that much better of a man than her ex, time knows no bounds.