SRS Girls really upset me..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BadRotation, Nov 3, 2006.

1. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Well, was supposed to be going on a date tonight with this girl who seemed like she had her head on straight. Rarely drinks, never gets drunk, doesnt do drugs, doesnt have kids, doesn't party, is pretty damn hot, etc. Basically one in a million.

Well, we were supposed to be going on a date, Kinda figured something was up since we didn't talk the past two days nearly as much as we normally do.

I guess I should have not been looking forward to this because now I am dowright upset/depressed. I honestly do not know if I even want to bother setting something up next week. Almost does not seem worth it anymore. I absolutely HATE the games females play. She was telling me every day, including a couple hours before this conversation that she was still planning on going tonight. It is not like it was an expensive date, just dinner and a movie that I was planning on paying for (though she says she does not want to take my money.)

Do you guys even think it is worth trying next week?

THis is our convo online today... (start from the bottom, it is in reverse order)

For sure, I will.... just don't think I'm blowing you off, ok? It's honestly because I don't have any money right now.... but I really do want to hang out with you...

----------------- Original Message -----------------
    Date: Nov 3, 2006 12:35 PM

Eh, I guess we can attempt to do something next week, I will have to see if I have time though. It will be starting to get busy at work for the holidays.

Anyway, if you actually do want to do something next week get me a solid date and time so I can take the day off work.

Date: Nov 3, 2006 12:30 PM

I do, but I'd rather do it when I can pay for myself, and not mooch off of.... others... lol I'm sure that you would offer to pay... you seem like a nice enough guy, but I'm just not comfortable taking people's money... ask my friends... WOW. But I think that's good... Do you wanna do something next week instead? I'm so sorry- I thought that I'd have enough cash... but I don't. Story of my life.

Date: Nov 3, 2006 12:26 PM

hmmm... So I take it you dont want to go out tonight...

Date: Nov 3, 2006 12:24 PM

JASEE!!!! lol Ok- I'll never call you that again..... so.... tonight..... here's the deal.... I'm broke, and I look bad. lol

2. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Being broke is a legit reason to break off a date if she isnt comfortable with someone paying for her.

If you get a solid/set date for next week within the next few days, give her another shot. If she blows off giving you a firm date, then dont bother anymore.

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

why don't you switch up the plans for tonight.. "since you're broke, lets just go for a walk in the park, and if you'll let me, we can get a coffee afterwards."

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

utter BS , if you really wanted to be with someone you would MAKE time. The money is just an exuse, and in context not even important. Never listen to what they say, read the body language, if the body is moving away from you they aren't interested, if they come towards you they are interested, think this girls has another guy as her nr.1 on her agenda, someone she'll probably never get her hands on, i wouldn't accept this bs exuse, next week its the same thing and she'll blow you off again.

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Yeesh! Man! Could your responses to her reak any more of low self confidence?!

Okay, I am completely aware that women's actions speak louder than words, but if she had any attraction to you then it's likely gone now.

When she says, "I don't have money to go out tonight" The LAST thing out of your mouth should be this self pity crud like, "Oh, I guess you don't want to go out then huh?" If I were her I'd be thinking, "Wow, I just told him I didn't have any money and he's immediatley throwing a pity party! How boring and captain drama can you be?"

Then she goes into reassuring you and even attempting to reschedule with you for when she would have money, and once again you give a very bummed out response of, "Er, I guess we can attempt something next week..." I can tell you I wouldn't want to go out... I would already be seeing too much drama, like I'd have to console you on every little thing that went wrong. That's not fun, and that's what dates are supposed to be... FUN.

Now she very well may not have been digging you and she may have been wanting to bail on you, but the best response wouldn't have been a pouty self pitying one, you should have turned the tables on her and busted her balls. You could have responded in a joking manner with:

"You don't have any money?! Get a job woman! I don't date slackers! Okay then... here's the deal. I'm going to pick up the tab for tonight, but the next time we go out, since it's important to you, you can take me out on a highly expensive and entertaining date. That's how you're going to make it up to me. Now get dressed because we're gonna have fun!"

You wouldn't even have to be serious. You say it, say it a flirty way, and counter her weak cancellization. If she persists and says she doesn't want you to pay for her then you could counter again by saying,

"Wow, for a first date you sure like to push the envelope. Well, you seem cool so I'll give you one chance to redeem yourself. You can take me out next week since you've ditched my extravogant plans for tonight. We'll call it even and I won't have to tell everyone you're a flake. Ha ha!"

Again, you have to deliver this in a funny and flirty way. If not you'll look like an ass, but if you can deliver this then it is the best response. Never go on the defensive if she counters. Stay offensive with this, and ALWAYS FLIRT AND TEASE! Why? Because that is fun. Fun is attractive. Pouty and self pity is not.

6. BadRotation

BadRotation New Member

Hindsight is 20/20. Hard to talk that way though when you are downright depressed.

As for the guy suggesting a walk in a park, etc. It is in the 20's, and dark, and the parks around here are not the safest place to be at night.
    I did suggest doing something free, but she said she had to pack and do laundry for this weekend (going to see Stomp! on the other side of the state).

I honestly feel she is just blowing me off.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

^ Yeah dude it does sound like that kinda. Let her initiate contact next time.

^^ Good advice.

^^^ It looked like myspace messages. There's no bodylanguage there. But good advice for dealing with someone in person.

8. BeHeadR

BeHeadR Only Slightly Insane

Shes blowing you off, you are just her fall back guy. Move on.

9. 7960

7960 New Member

No, it's not. There are plenty of things to do without needing money.

10. SeeVinceRun

SeeVinceRun Currently In Prison OT Supporter

Im just relating my experiance. Ive been given that excuse and wrote them off without hesitation, only to be called later by them when they have some extra money to go out, and they follow through.

Im not saying he shouldnt take it with a grain of salt, im saying he may want to see if she is full of shit instead of taking offtopics word for it.

11. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

She may like you but I would say yeah its a game. She is fishing for compliments "I look bad" and was waiting for you to be like "oh no its no problem to pay for you, I want to..blah blah blah." When you didnt answer with that she was like oh dont think I am blowing you off I just DONT HAVE MONEY..once again waiting for a reply you didnt give. Ha I say she likes you but is playing games. Us damn women are our game playing:squint:

12. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

If she wanted to hang out, she would tell him to come over and watch a movie or something along those lines. Being broke is DEFINATELY NOT a reason NOT to go out on a date with someone. Unless you don't want too...

My advice...forget about it.
    If she is interested, She will call you.

13. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Something like that.