Girls paying for stuff

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

How does the Vag feel about girls paying their way for simple / small things.

The girl I'm seeing feels like she needs to pay me back for every little thing. I've probably spent < $20 on her in about 3 weeks now.. Paid for her dinner once, bought her some taco bell when I was on the way to pick her up and I brought her Starbucks this morning because we were out until 5am and she had to work at 9.

I'm not the guy who pays for everything with a girl to impress her or win her affection but to me spending a few bucks here and there isn't a big deal. It feels awkward when she tries to pull $1 out to pay for her Bean Burrito at Taco Bell.

I really appreciate that she always makes an offer to pay and never expects to get anything for free but how do I tell her that I don't want her money all the time without being rude? Any time she's paid for herself I've said something like "hey you got this one for yourself, ok?". I'm in a better financial situation than her and just don't wanna be telling her to put her money away every time we do something simple.

2. Reign

Reign Banned

My GF and I both pay our separate way ALL the time. When we go to the movies, when we go out to dinner... unless it's her B-day or I feel like treating her or she feels like treating me or we're surprising the other it's pretty much always that way. It works out pretty well, neither of us complain really.

Yesterday she did buy buy me a 2lb bag of Jelly Belly's to cheer me up because I found out my mother has been diagnosed with breast cancer early that day. Speaking of I need to stop fucking eating these little balls of delicousness.

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

every other time works better.

Unless you are well off $$$ and she is in school or something, the bills should be more or less evenly split. Obviously gifts or something is different.

4. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

See.. I work at a theater and so movies are free for me which is a pretty major type of entertainment where I live. Anything else we do if it it's costly we'd pay our own way. Everything we've done so far has been cheap.. Going to a ball game on Wednesday but tickets are only $2.

This is exactly the case. We're both in school.. because of my unique family situation I've been able to get a lot of financial aid money so my college has cost me $0 so far and over the next two years it will maybe be a few thousand at most. She makes about 1/3 as much money as me and has to pay for all her school her self.

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I always feel wierd when the girl pays, but I'm really old fashioned. I think the every other time thing would work better than each always paying their own.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

That's me (the girl). I for some weird reason always want to pay or at least pay back a lot of times. Even after 2 years I still pay for everything specifically for me and half our meals/outings. Even if we buy some groceries and whatnot I still ask what I can pay him back. My mom thinks I'm crazy. She's very old-fashioned and doesn't understand why sheI don't let my bf pay for most if not everything just because he makes even more money than me.....but fuck that.

I want equal rights for women so I think we should be expected to pay as well. However she probabyl is just very appreciative and trying to look good. You just have to tell her (the next time she tried to offer you a few bucks for something you are comfortable paying for) "Seriously don't worry about this it's small. Why not you buy the next *insert coffee taco etc* ok?"

7. mistergixter

mistergixter New Member

Here is the semi opposite of that situation. My sister pays for everything for her boyfriend. That includes good, a new windscreen for his motorcycle, most dinners, $60 hoodies and what not. He does not have a job but does free lance design.

In my experience it was more of I would buy more then she would because I made more. But now that I work part time and I am not dating that girl anymore, I seem to pay for most first dates and second dates and what not.

I think communication about these things would be good.

If you do make more money then her, then in my eyes you should pay for a little bit more. But not all the time.

8. fray

fray New Member

Why not just try, "No, I got this. You can get it next time."

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Cause I don't want her to get it next time.. guess I'm the old fashioned type too.. The only time I would expect for her to pay for something is if we did something kind of expensive (like a trip to the snow and she would pay for part of the hotel).

It's not a big deal to me just kind of a pet peeve and I don't want to come off as rude by not letting her pay.

10. fray

fray New Member

ah. have you tried explaining to her that you like taking care of things?

11. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

whenever i'm dating a guy, i tend to pay my own way. if he wants to pay for something after i've offered to pay and he insists on it, then sure, he can pay for it.

12. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Depends

If we are on similar/she's on better money it tends to get split

If she's a poor student/much lower graduate wage I pay.

To be honest it's not something I worry about either way.

13. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Sounds like a winner. :h5:

14. coldstone

coldstone New Member

No seriously, bro. Let her pay. Alternate paying, if counting change every time you have to pay for something is a hassle. Her kind >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> golddiggers.

15. Timer

Timer Guest

Dot. My girlfriend and I split stuff, I pay for stuff, sometimes she'll pay. She's never been ANYTHING gold diggerish. LOVE IT. KEEP HER.

16. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

My rule of thumb is this:

I am willing to pay for everything on a first and second date. If, by a third date she's not at least frikin offering to pay for something it's time to move on.

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Oh geez that me and my bf the first month or two together, he would not, not let me pay for anything, it drove me nuts, he'd race to get his card out first, he actually took my card away from people several times and gave them his own, I eventually let him, it made him feel good, and at the time he had stupid amounts of disposable income and I had very little (tuition :( ).

His source of income was 86'd recently, so I pay for everything.

She's offering to pay because its polite, i'm sure she knows its silly to offer to pay back a dollar or two, just laugh and tell her to put it away a few times and she'll loosen up.

18. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I read somewhere that when a girl feels like she has to pay it is a good sign.

19. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I've told her every single time how much I appreciate her offering to pay.

One night I invited her to come watch Pineapple Express with me and my buddies (a day early) and she was like "ok how much money do I need". I just chuckled a bit.. tickets weren't even for sale it was just a private little screening.

She just left my house.. was over for a couple hours.. such a great time. Played Guitar Hero and watched Rush Hour until she fell asleep cuddling with me <3.

Finally found a keeper.

20. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Grand puba and dattie, ridin shotty in the maserat OT Supporter

women have been crying equal rights for far too long to expect anything for free

21. jonno

jonno New Member

i'm willing to pay on the first and 2nd as well. and i also agree with splitting it on the 3rd. but for me, if a girl doesnt OFFER to pay on a date it's a huge turn off. i'm not going to take her money but come on...

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

ww_Crimson, if you start to refuse she pay for anything (when she's offering so much) you are going to kick yourself in the ass later. Old fashioned or not, she's a woman and she should be able to pay for herself. Otherwise you are just going to train a good woman into another spoiled brat.

Let her pay for something man.

23. jonno

jonno New Member

troo

24. AutoEuphoria

AutoEuphoria New Member

I enjoy paying for my girlfriend, but sometimes it's really helpful if she pays, too. She has no problem paying, and often offers to pay, but I tell her not to worry about it. Other times we split things up pretty evenly, and that is nice. This weekend, for example, we drove to a theme park 3 hours away. The admission to the park was $25 a person...we decided ahead of time that I would drive and pay for gas, and she would pay for the admission. It worked out very well. It's nice to have a GF who offers to do that with the more expensive things (like trips), although for dinners and things I generally feel bad if she pays, and even though she is more than willing to do so I usually grab the check before she can :)

25. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

That is how i operate.