GUN Girl's Leg Shattered By Round From AK-47

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 27, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Girl's Leg Shattered By Round From AK-47
    http://www.ketv.com/news/15115508/detail.html

POSTED: 8:32 pm CST January 22, 2008

OMAHA, Neb. -- A 15-year-old Bellevue girl remained hospitalized Monday after gunfire at a weekend party left her with a serious leg injury.

Nicole Lienen said she went to a Bellevue home to play video games Saturday night. She told her mother an 18-year-old at the party was showing off a semi-automatic rifle.

"She saw the fire of the gun and she heard a pop, a lot of pops. She said it kind of startled her. Then she heard a zing, and felt a pop in her leg. Looked down, saw the bullet hole in her jeans and the gun powder on her jeans, her foot went sideways, and she fell on the ground," said Nancy Lienen, the girl's mother.

Surgeons at Creighton University Medical Center put a rod in the girl's leg after she was hit by a round from an AK-47 assault rifle. The girl broke two bones just below the knee.

Bellevue police said the gun went off and a bullet struck another teenager and traveled through a couch before hitting the girl in the leg.

Investigators are calling the shooting accidental. The 18-year-old has not been charged in the case. The Sarpy County attorney is trying to determine whether charges should be filed.

The teen has not been identified.

The victim's mother said X-rays clearly show the girl's bone is shattered, leaving several bone fragments.

"He could have killed her and he could have killed the young man that was with her. He could have killed anybody in that room," Lienen said.

Lienen wants the teen charged with felony assault and she wants him to serve jail time. She also wants tougher gun-control laws.

"We need to have better laws to prevent this from happening to my daughter, anybody else's daughter or to any victim," said Lienen.

She also referred to other recent shootings involving assault rifles, including a weekend shooting at a Florence Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant and the Dec. 5 mall massacre at Westroad's mall that left eight people dead.

In Saturday's incident in Bellevue, another teen was grazed in the torso by a round. He was not seriously injured.

Lienen is a sophomore at Bryan High. She's a member of the junior varsity cheerleading squad.

2. t1h

t1h Guest

3. Hooch

Hooch New Member

So if we had stricter laws an 18 year old couldn't get ahold of an "AK47 Assault Rifle?"

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

lol @ KFC

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

anything COULD kill anyone. should we ban anything that COULD be dangerous? :ugh2:

edit: yes, its the Californian way of life

6. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

A black hole COULD suddenly appear on the surface of the earth in the next six seconds.

Oh look, we are all still alive, better ban black holes anyways :run:

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

the 5 guns i have in my closet COULD pop out and kill me, i should sell them to be safe.

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

to me :x:

9. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

No one here sees a problem with some cowboy of an 18 year old busting out a gun at a party?

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sure, the kid that did it is a dumbass, are new gun laws going to stop dumbasses though? We should ban dumbasses.

11. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I am sure there isn't a law on the books to charge him with either.

12. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What they need to do is ban stupid teenagers from congregating in groups of more than three.

Nobody but the military has any good use for more than three teenagers together anyway.

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

omaha has the worst gun owners in the nation

14. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Maybe, I've been watching too much CSI, but I wouldn't think there would be gun powder visible on the girl unless she was closer to the shooter than standing behind another person and the sofa.

Regardless the guy is a complete idiot, even if he wanted to "show off" his brand I just turned 18 fuck the rules evil AK, the god damn thing should not have had a loaded magazine, let alone one in the chamber.

only 5?

the only reason they might pop out and kill you is they get bored fighting each other, you should buy more to make sure they have plenty of companions and do not turn on you.

15. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Bloody torn jeans could look like they have powder on them, but you're right, there wouldn't actually be powder unless she was within a few feet of the muzzle. And the mother quoted the victim as saying she heard multiple shots..

16. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

I'll give you $5 apiece for them.

17. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

lol!!!

18. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

guns in confined areas are loud. there was probably only the one shot. you'd have to be really, really, really fucking stupid to have more than one negligent discharge at one time. unless the fucktard was demonstrating what bump firing looks like. dude shouldn't be allowed to further contaminate the gene pool.

the mom is ugly too. I wanted to punch her through my TV set when she started spouting out her ignorance.