Girls ignoring me out of nowhere

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by zeroputt, Feb 3, 2009.

1. zeroputt

zeroputt New Member

Met this girl at a party last week and we hit it off really well. We hung out the next couple of days and we really had fun with each other. Then the next day she texts me saying she had a lot of fun and wants to party/hangout again. I didn't see the text till like 10 hours later. We only had small talk after that...Yesterday I just asked her "hey what's up?" and she didnt ever respond.

Normally I wouldnt think much of it, but its just kind of wierd since we hit it off so well when we last hungout, then she wants to hangout again really bad and I didnt even get the chance?

Should I just ignore her or ask if shes mad at me? Dont want to come off as desperate... Maybe i should way a couple of days then ask if shes mad at me? Thanks

2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

It's been a day?

She have class? work? Friends?

Might not have got to her phone again, just give a few days. Hit her up later in the week and say something like, 'Hey, havent talked to ya in a few days, hope everything has been good. Wanted to know if you wanted to grab a bite/drink later?'

3. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

it took you 10 hours to respond to her text, she can do the same to you

if you like her, call her and ask her out

4. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

broooooooooooooooooooooooo

You're coming off desperate but that's fine. You haven't done anything stupid yet.

If a girl does not text you back it doesn't mean anything. She could be in class, or in the gym, or in the shower, or in the library doing homework. Or maybe she read it while driving, meant to get back to you, but forgot.

You are just thinking about her more than she's thinking about you AT THE MOMENT.

One text means nothing. Two texts, still pretty much nothing. If you text her 3 times (let's say in the course of a week) and she doesn't respond, then yeah it's usually not a good sign.

I don't know how many times I've gotten a text, put the phone down, and completely forgotten that I even got one.

She likes you dude. Unless you're neglecting to tell us any more details, I'd safely say she does.

Why not call her on your way home from work or class? She might not pick up, but then you just leave a message saying like "hey it's me, I'm just driving back from work and wanted to call and say what's up but you're being a BRAT and ignoring me. Call me later"... just in a playful manner

It's tough for girls to know what tone our texts are in. If you say "what are you doing" she can't know the personality behind that. So you pepper in phone calls to hint at the personality of your messages.

Here's a rule of thumb for the rest of eternity. If you cannot think of any reason she'd be mad at you, she can't possibly be mad at you. And attraction doesn't just slip away in a matter of a couple days unless something stupid happens.

5. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

So she said she wants to hang out again and you haven't tried making any plans to do so? What are you waiting for?

6. zeroputt

zeroputt New Member

We had plans to party on that thursday, but she kind of stood me up and said she was at a bday party that lasted 2 days....

I actually asked her to dinner on friday (day after we were supposed to hang) and she said "have to work till 11, i'm usually never free on the weekends :/". Maybe I should ask again today? or wait?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. zeroputt

zeroputt New Member

Thanks for this. Im thinking ill just call her tomorrow and see what's up. if I try to communicate with her today it may seem desperate.

8. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Reading this thread made me decide to text a girl I hadn't heard from in a few days. We had planned to go to lunch on Sunday and on Thursday she texted me that she was pretty excited to go (she's a nurse so things are planned way in advance usually). I text her Friday and ask how she is and never hear back. Saturday afternoon I call her to see if we are still on for 1 on Sunday, didn't hear back.

Reading this thread I thought to myself, yeah, I didn't do anything wrong and there is no reason that she would have dropped her attraction for me. So I texted her and asked her how she was. She texted back that she was really sorry and that her Grandma (who she takes care of) has been in the hospital and between being with her and working, she hasn't even looked at her phone. We are going to dinner tonight :)

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

why would she be mad at you?

you didn't do anything, so if she's mad that's her issue, not yours

10. Twinsen

Twinsen OT Supporter

There was this one chick that I kinda liked that I used to work with like 2 or 3 years ago, I tried to hook up with her SOOOOOO many times, but she would damn near stand me up like 80% of the time. Never put all my efforts into her because she didn't seem like she was for real most of the time. It's like she would go back and forth from being excited to hear from me, and then when we're supposed to go out (usually would go for a ride on the bike) she wouldn't answer my call when the time came. Bitch is 31 now (29 or 30 last time I talked to her I think) and acting like this? :wtf:

I just shrugged it off most of the time and would end up going out with someone else. I remember one time she hit me up after not talking to her for like 3 months, she was asking for a ride, and I was like, don't think the girlfriend would like that now that I'm with someone. :rofl:

11. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

something similar happened to me. girl was totally into me, even told me she liked me. kept texting me for a few days, told me to text her the next day. i send her a message she never responds. i send one a few days later still no response. fucking wierd

12. jdm-cd5

jdm-cd5 Guest

girls like these want you to break your back for them. they want constant attention from you so they can be sure that you are really into them. its up to you if you want to jump through hoops to *someday* get to have sex with her.

13. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

3 text messages is enough for me. :o