Girls- Do Sharp/nice watch and shoes = sex appeal?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by purplebeast, Oct 6, 2005.

1. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I've heard rumors that girls pay special attention to the watch and shoes a guy wears. Is this true? And if so, would it be a deal breaker, deal closer or just an added bonus? Also, are you looking more at the style sense or the actual price tag?

The reason I ask is I get plenty of compliments on my watches. Although honestly I dont think girls can tell the difference beewten my 400 seiko and my 1500 movado. But I have never ever got any compliments on my shoes. And if shoes are also important, maybe I need to go shopping or something. Altough Im pretty happy with my current ones (all my shoes are black sketchers ranging from casual to dressy and all my tennis are white Kswisses).

Any input would be greatly apreciated.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Those are two things I've NEVER noticed about a guy.
    sorry.I will admit to checking out his car though :o

3. purplebeast

Ah dont be sorry. Im asking for honest opinions cuz i wanna tho. The car part i got semi covered. My car is a Luxury sedan but its kind of ola (late 90's). But If I wanna get a babe wet I just take her for a ride in my bike:naughty:

4. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Psst- you're not supposed to take her for a ride in the rain ;) :mamoru: (just teasing ya!)

5. RockChick

RockChick New Member

what matters to me is his ass, his hands and the way he's treating me... anything else... pffffft...

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

do you live in a city with pedestrians though

7. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

they look at my shoes much of the time when they are checking me out

8. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

i look at his shoes to see if they are clean and not. dirty shoes definitely arent a plus......

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I don't know what you mean?

10. symptic

symptic I run companies

I don't wear a watch, but I do notice when a girl takes a glance to the feet.

11. purplebeast

I think he means a place like NYC or Miami where there are tons of people walking arround everywhere. Like for example where I live you seldom see people walking ,even in downtown, unless is to or from their cars.

12. purplebeast

Really? What kind of shoes u wear? Cuz i have heard tons of "nice watch" or "nice necklace" but not once has anyone told me "nice shoes".

13. Tenchuu

Tenchuu New Member

I've gotten lots of compliments on these three. someth9ing about hands that alot of chicks check out. will try to get a better description form my current SO to follow up with.

14. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/p...otwear&mainCategory=Men&shopBy=style&siteid=1
    ^my new shoes
    i always get "i love your shoes" and then I hear some girls talking around me saying "i like his shoes"
    my friend has a new pair of Pumas too (http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/p...otwear&mainCategory=Men&shopBy=style&siteid=1 pretty sure those are his...if not they look similar) and my other friend (female) told him my shoes kicked his shoes ass...and i got the same comment from some guys as well ;)

These are my casual ever day until the rain comes (suede) shoes... my other ones for when rain comes are a pair of adidas so hopefully they will be a hit as well ;)

A lot of people also take note of my jeans. I mostly wear Lucky jeans and i have some DKNY and Kenneth Cole and 1 pair of sevens (my mom bought them for me :) ). Everyone else at my school is in American Eagle Abercrombie, Anchor Blue, or Hollister so I like it that no one wears the same jeans as me :)

15. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

shoes make the man.

i would consider a watch not as high on the list.

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i dont think its a defining characteristic of whether a girl will go out with me or not, but a few girls have started up converstation with me based on my shoes and i get complimented on them constantly by pretty much anyone who sees them. they were 14 dollars from payless, and are slip ons, while im sure we go for completely different types of girls and a pair of airwalks with skulls on them may not get your type interested, a unique shoe will always draw compliments and interest, and doesnt necessarily have anything to do with the price tag.

as far as a watch i get absolutely zero compliments on mine...
    because i dont wear one. any bitch who can tell the difference between a 300 dollar and 600 dollar watch and cares, definately isn't my type of girl.

17. Two toys

Two toys New Member

lol.

and about the jeans, i never spend more than 20 dollars on a pair of jeans. i shop at marshalls and while there is usually only one pair of good jeans i can usually save about 60-70 bucks on each pair i buy. i still get complimented on my jeans all the time usually because they are again like my shoes unique (marshalls seems to carry stuff that doesnt really come from any major stores around here atleast that ive seen).

shirts i never spend more than 75 cents on from goodwill or any other thrift shop, and occasionally will spend 10 bucks for a band-tee at a local show. and again because of the uniqueness i never fail to gain compliments on my shirts.

clothes should never be the defining characteristic of whether or not a girl would date me. in my case it usually only helps start up a conversation. the comments usually go like this "hey, i really like your (___), where did you find that/those" ill take it from there and draw into a converstation, sometimes about where i got that particular item or if it has no interesting story, then i'll just delve into compliments on their outfit, hair, nails whatever.

18. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i will definitely make comments about things on guys that i like, shoes hair, watches, etc. i loooove movado watches. my comments are really just that...comments. :rofl: if i say "i like your hair," it does NOT mean i want to fuck you later that night. ;) same goes for the other comments.

i could honestly care less what a guy owns. i'm more worried about practical things. ie... does he have a job that he's passionate about (could be underwater firefighter for all i care ;)), live somewhere that's not a cardboard box, etc...

material things are not that important to me. i wear stuff that i like and stuff that i feel looks good on me. requiring other guys to buy expensive stuff in order to impress me would be wrong.

19. orie

orie social assassin

girls always pay attention to shoes

20. copperkali

copperkali Mrs. Nicklk

I would probably notice shoes, because I am a shoe person, but I don't think i have ever looked for a watch.

21. cridoubleti

cridoubleti righteous

never noticed a watch... shoes arent really an issue for me unless you are wearing "jesus sandles".. or jesus sandles with socks.. thats just not right. :)

22. RockChick

RockChick New Member

jesus sandles, socks and shorts.... thats not right :p

23. cridoubleti

cridoubleti righteous

hehe.. i used to hang out with this guy that used to wear a white wifebeater and white shorts and brown jesus sandles with socks. it was always a treat seeing him all decked out in his "im a dork" gear. :bigthumb:

24. purplebeast

Well damnit. You all need to get w the program and stop giving us false hope. I think Chris Rock said it best (In bbigger and blacker, I think).

This is what men mean

Nice shoes- Want some dick?
    You look nice- Want some dick?
    Need some help- Want some dick?
    I love you- Want some dick?
    I feel a connection beewten us- Want some dick?

25. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

What I find is funny is that everyone loves my jeans yet they continue to buy abercrombie for the same price...also I found out a big mall about an hour away has a Lucky store and they always have pretty nice sales (up to 40% off sometimes) also when I go that mall they have a big marshalls and I found a pair of paper jeans for about 45...around $90 off but they werent my size :(

I'm not that big of a label whore and I don't go around saying hey check out my new jeans...people just take notice (especially since that my humps song came out..."hey I bet you know all about this song...you're wearing sevens too")