SRS Girls dating older guys.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ledzep73, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I was wondering what you all thought about girls that date older guys, and the guys that date girls younger than them?
    Two of my closer guy friends are dating girls 6 years younger than them. Chris dates a girl that just got out of highschool, and he is 24. Huge stoner, probally always will be. Jeff is 23, his gf turns 18 in a few weeks. He still lives at home, and is a huge pothead. I can't make sense of it. I don't see why the girls would want to be with a guy like that, and I don't see why these guys are interested in such young girls.
    One of my girlfriends (not my g/f, but a friend thats a girl) just turned 18, and swears she will never date a teenager again. She has fallen for a cop, thats 25. Im having a hard time seeing how this makes sense. Does it seem strange to anyone but me that she would refuse to date a teen, but doesn't think a guy that will date someone 7 years younger than him is strange? I mean, if she is too good for teenagers, why would she want to date someone that is an adult, with a career, that wants to be with a young girl, fresh out of highschool, thats never even had a job, and still lives with her mother?
    I think its strange, and can't make any sense of these peoples choices. Im interested to listen to some your thoughts, and maybe I will understand what my friends are doing a little bit better.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Carreer = future.
    older = more experienced

If you look closely and i mean very closely you'll see that the behind lying motivations are purely for selfish reasons.

The girl for wanting a future.
    And i can't think of a single guy who wouldn't want some teenage pussy, its only because there is a law against jailbait you won't see it happen for girls even from a younger age.

Anyway in the end the reasons are selfish reasons.

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Well two of the guys are stoners for life, and have no future. Good people, they just smoke waaaay too much. The girl Im friends with is moving to cali in 4 months, so I don't really see it as her wanting a future with him. She already has plans for her future. I've decided people are just kinda retarded.
    I guess I also assumed that the want to have a s/o closer to your own level out weighs the want to have some tight pussy. Whatever. People are strange.

4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

I don't think it's a big deal until it crosses the next generation. The older we get the broader the age range.

Think about it. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?

5. Darketernal

It has something to do with that girls like to be with guys who aren't boring, if you use drugs your cool (in their opinion) I agree with you, its strange on first site ,but when you understand that people aren't moved by logical rather selfish reasons it makes more sense. Smoking drugs is fun right(in their opinion)

These are all signs of being immature. Woman often like to brag about how they are more mature, , but in their decision making of what guy they need to choose for a proper future unfortunatly very immature choices are made which leave lot to be desired. reality is that for both male and female only very few people truelly mature.

6. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I totally understand where you are coming from, and in reality it makes sense when I think of Jeff and Chris. They are 23/24, but they both work shitty jobs, smoke alot of weed, and play video games. Thats their life. I can see why they would want to date younger girls, seeing as most girls their age are beyond their level.
    It makes less sense when I think about the cop dating an 18 year old girl. A grown man shouldn't have that much in common with a girl fresh out of highschool. She isn't really your average girl, she is a pretty amazing person in reality, but its still beyond me as to why a true adult would want a relationship with a girl that still borrows her mothers car when she wants to hang out wsith friends.

7. Darketernal

Because they are adult when you look at them , but in their minds they are still immature.

8. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Well, Chris's girlfriend doesn't smoke. She has only smoked twice in her life. I guess when I think about it it makes a more sense, just because she lives about 40 minutes away in a hicktown, so her choices of who to date are limited based on where she is, and Chris could be the 'best' choice for her now. Jeff's girl is a bit of a stoner herself, so that makes more sense. When I think about Bethany and her cop friend, I just don't get it. He doesn't screem looser like most guys that want to date such yong girls, and she has alot more options on who to date, and alot more going for her than most girls I know that date older guys. It makes alot less sense with her than others.

You are right, most people are immature. Its kinda sad.

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

A lot of women date older men because they want security, someone with a real job and not the stockboy at the local supermarket.

I'm the opposite, I'm 24 and only date older women, they are the only ones I can find that aren't 100% insane.

10. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I can see Bethany dating an older guy because he might not be as immature as all the guys closer to her age, but then I wonder what a guy his age would want with such a young girl. Tight pussy. Thats all I can really think of, and it is kinda annoying.

11. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

They are dating younger girls because they are losers (stoners, as you said) and most women who are their own age wouldn't have anything to do with them. To an 18 year old they probably seem cool (someone who can buy them booze, etc), where as an older woman knows they are failures at life.

12. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Bethany is dating a cop, I doubt he is a stoner. She doesn't smoke, but she does drink. She has a perfectly good fake, so its not about that. I think she is just trying to be more of an adult than she really is, and he is probally taking advantage of the situation.

13. Isamu

Isamu New Member

I have dated both, younger girls, and older woman.. when i was 21, I dated a 18yr old.. when i was 19, i dated a 38 year old.. and my relationships since then have varied.. I like older woman, because they know what they want(most of the time) and are less likely to be a gold digger.. where as with most of the young girls, up to my age had been after a free life ticket..

why did i date the 18yr old? I don't know, her and I clicked.. our personalities matched fairly well, she was either more mature then most, or i was still immature.. not terribly sure.. but i learned alot from it..

I am curious as to why your so concerned with it.. unless this older guy your friend is dating is hurting her..

14. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Its the fact that she swore off dating anyone under 21 that makes me wonder. There is some hypocrisy with that, in a way. If she is too good to date teens, why would she want to be with a grown man that isn't too good for an 18 year old? Its not so much as being concerned about it, as it was just something I was thinking about at the time, and I wanted to hear some others insight.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

18 year olds are often just as hot as 24 year olds. Before a relationship has begun, this is all that matters to me or most any other guy.

24 year old men tend to be more emotionally mature - and much higher social status - than 18 year old men. This matters to young women.

16. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

I always said that when I was 22, I'd be dating an 18 year old.

Now that I'm 22, I can't even picture dating an 18 year old. Way too immature, way too young. 4 years isn't a big difference when you're 30, but it is a big difference when you're in your late teens/early 20s. I wonder if I'll feel this way when I'm 26 about 22 year olds...

If they're just in it for sex, I guess they have what they want. 18 year olds are hot as hell, but that's about it. Frankly, I find casual sex without an intimate relationship extremely unfulfilling, and I just can't picture having an intimate relationship with an 18 year old.

17. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

See, thats how I would expect a real man to be. I don't see what an 18 year old girl has to offer to a 25 year old man in an actual relationship. I just assume that there must be a flaw with person to want to date someone so much younger than them.

18. big 1

big 1 New Member

I prefer an age difference between me and a potential guy to be at least 3 years older than me. I need someone who is financially stable, finished their party stage, someone with directions and goals, and someone who has self respect for himself. I find it hard to find guys with thsoe qualities who are close to me in age. Theyre all just..immature.

19. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

And how old are you?

20. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

hmmm....the whole 'girl being under 18/just got outta highschool' thing is a bit odd to me

but when I was 20, I dated someone who was 29....he was truly a good guy. I never thought about seeing myself with him in the future at the time we were dating....one of the reasons we broke up...he was ready to settle down, I wasn't :o

anyone can be immature at any age, so age is just a number to me

21. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Age is just a number.

a friend of a friend dated this 40yr old guy who still acted like he was in his college yrs. Drinking,partying and smoking every night and then get up and go do his day job. SO even though he partied hard, he did go and take of his business, make that bread & whatever, but at nite all he did was do stuff a 22yr old would do like play video games, drink, hang w/ friends at the bars, and smoke out.

Eventually she got tired of all the BS and the good of him was outweighed by the bad. She gave him a ultimatum, change or she would leave and he said he wasn't changing because he loved his lifestyle so she left him. She is currently 30yrs old.

I always wondered what she saw in him and basically she said he was a great guy, had a great job but he is too immature. I think eventually he's lifestyle will catch up to him....I don't know if he'll regret it or what tho.

22. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Here in an update on this:
    My friend stopped talking to me, I've seen her maybe 5 times since she started to dat e this guy. She doesn't talk to hardly any of her old friends, and she doesn't go out with friends like she used to. She was planning on moving to Cali to go to school and get her dream job, had it all planned out. She went and got a CNA cert. to get a decent job and save money to afford it. Now she wants to keep the CNA job (something she got as a way to pay for college) and move in with the cop, and make this her life. Its sad. Everyone I used to kick it with have fucked up lives that seem like they are going nowhere, its depressing.

23. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I think it is fucked up.

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

HOWEVER, I know of some people who do it successfuly and are happy, so, to each their own.

25. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Don't you all remember that jackass that was like a JR in college dating high school chicks?