SRS Girls aint worth it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ancoats, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Remember ages ago I had a thread in the Asylum about this girl who wanted me to quit going to Manchester City soccer games? Well I thought I'd update on what has happened since then.

I've come to realise that I dont want to give going to football up because I am really enjoying it. I love the culture of going to games, being with your friends at the weekends, and being with people who feel the same way.

So I told this girl that I wasn't going to stop going for her, she got pretty pissed at that and in the heat of the moment I kinda said something like 'For me, football is life, you're just a burden on that' and she walked out.

Suprisingly, I wasn't gutted at this, more like elated. I felt free for the first time in a few months and didn't feel guilty sneaking out of bed at 5am to go to away matches, plus I could get back into the clubbing scene, so the last few months have been great.

However, I also lost my job due to my manager saying I couldn't attend a Monday night game down in Norwich, so I walked out. Currently looking for a new job - but it was slightly amusing the way her face dropped when I did that, like she didn't quite believe I had the bollocks to do that.

So my message is simple. If you're young and without commitments, fuck what girls and careers want of you, just do what YOU want, and trust me, you'll be happy for it.

'Oh when the blues... go marching in' :big grin:

2. deleterious

deleterious OT Supporter

hah good job

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I heard you guys are nuts about football over there.

4. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

Good stuff, it's nice to see that you have balls to do what you LOVE in life.

5. stile

stile New Member

seriously, the first time a girl says choose that or me, tell her to feck uff.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I remember your case, and am suprisingly 'unhappy' that even when i told you that if you 'don't have time for a relationship you shouldn't engage into one ' you still went and got yourself a gf that you are refusing to give the love and attention that she deserves. :squint:

I feel that with this advice you got in your last post , you could and should have avoided the hurt you caused upon your gf as you did in this case'

Oh well.. .

We need to be positive however that you finally HAVE realised this however. I feel sorry for her though.

But yeah we know you said that you liked football , and i really think your boss should have given you off-time to let you enjoy your match. I suggest you find a job where your boss is just as football fanatic as you, and will even join along with you into seeing the matches you like to watch.

Also the thought crossed my mind, where you or are you going to be a football player yourself?

7. Original

Original OT Supporter

Sounds like a good idea man :bigthumb:

If she cared enough in the first place she wouldn't be so forcing :hs:

8. Ancoats

Ancoats New Member

Couldn't make the grade professionally, but I did have trials with Tottenham Hotspur when I was 11. Got rejected. :wtc:

9. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

Good job! You should NEVER compromise your passion for a girl!! Soccer is the best!! Why didn't she go to the games with you? Was she not into soccer?