LGBT Girlfriend's family hates me because they think I turned her

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dont Go Away, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

So basically, my girlfriend's family thinks they can say whatever they want about me because I apparently turned my girlfriend into a lesbian...what the fuck? She's known she was into girls since she was 8, she just never told anyone until we got together. I'm the first she's ever been with (even her first kiss) and I have asked her repeatedly why she never did anything with guys, even just to experiment when she was growing up. She has never seen a penis and has made it clear that she never ever wants to. I have even encouraged her to at least not be closed minded about having sex with a guy and if she ever felt the need to experiment, I would respect that. Now, I love this girl and she seems to love me. I've never said a bad word about her family until recently because they have been pissing me off so much.

Her sister is graduating from high school this weekend and she wants me to go back to our hometown and take a "mini-vacation" with her and stay at her mom's house. I pretty much hate her whole family as of right now but I really do need to go on vacation and take a break from life. My family still lives there too but I don't really like seeing them either. I don't know what to do. :hs:

Her sister's 18 and is ignorant as hell but thinks she knows everything. Her mom is basically the same but more fake about it.

2. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

wait what.

your going out with a lesbian or its a girl-friend. or is it the SO?

have her talk to them.

3. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

She's my SO. I'm a girl :) She has tried talking to them for months, they are just too closed-minded. They say they don't mind gays but they apparently have a problem with me for no apparent reason.

4. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

oh makes sense now haha. Uhm you cant really do anything if they are stubborn and everything you try talking about doesnt work.

5. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

let them think whatever they want to think.

they'll just make fools of themselves for wrongful accusation :dunno:

6. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

Ah, one of the classics, the 'you turned my kid' defense, these are experienced players you're dealing with. But like all 'argument's' it's easily dealt with. Basically what's happened is their kid has deviated from the 'path they set out' so far that they cannot handle the guilt of their failings (or what they perceive to be a failing) and need something to blame. Like when a kid shoots up a school and every parent in the world is more than willing to join them in the "video games did it" bandwagon.

Just remember it's not you, your presence was just an unlucky coincidence. If she had come out on her own and been single at the time they would have blamed her, they need a scapegoat and anything will do. That's why they focus their rage on you, it helps them alleviate guilt. My advice is to have you SO try and explain to them 'I've always been this way, it isn't her fault, you can't turn someone into a homosexual anymore than you can turn them into ... well anything'

7. audrey

audrey New Member

Let us know how it turns out!

My girlfriend's mother has gone from being really cool and happy about us to thinking it's wrong. I haven't met her yet, but the family I have met are very lovely and supportive.

8. Josey

Josey New Member

good luck w/that...these situations always suck

9. elevator

elevator The tenants think it's wonderful! ヽ(´ OT Supporter

lesbian sex :barf:

:mamoru:

10. Josey

Josey New Member

Being bi, Lesbian sex is still :wackit: for me...I'm in for noodz!

11. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

I decided to go on vacation with her. We leave tonight but her mom is already being a bitch about me coming with her. Her sister said "don't expect me to put my life on hold just because you are coming to visit." I hope I don't want to kill myself by the end of the weekend.