Girlfriend with another Guy..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xkenshinx, Apr 13, 2006.

1. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

Ok so my gf has senior ball in about 2 months and she had asked me to go with her and i am going to. now her friend from a different school asked her to attend their sr ball and she asked me if she could go with him and i told her i didnt like the idea and i wasnt comfortable. but in the end i said its ok if she went so long as nothing happens.
    she tells me why i have to be so protective like that and not just be ok with her going with her friend. (he has a gf as well) i told her its just natural for me to feel uncomfortable with her going to a big formal dance as this with another guy and she wouldnt understnad. we end up getting in a argument and yea it sucks.
    I am not asking whether i was right or wrong but rather how would some of you OTers respond to this situation? would you guys have just been like, whatever i dont care go ahead? or would some be more like me? im just curious to see how many people feel similarly or differently.

2. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

There was a thread on this exact topic (except the BF didn't end up agreeing) a few weeks ago, have a look on a few of the previous pages.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

you are a pushover...

If a girlfriend, whom i was actually in a real relationship with, asked to goi to a dance with another guy...the relationship would be over that minute. Thats something you just dont do, especially out of respect for each other. If he has a g/f as well, then why is he taking yours? Something sounds seriously wrong with this situation...you fucked up.

4. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

well his gf is busy that doing doing some important science fair or something is what she told me. so she said he's still going but doesnt have a date and might go with him if her other fried(a girl) does not find a date to go with. but seeing as to how its sr ball im just assuming that other girl will be able to find one.

she just told me why am i so worried if he has a bf and knows she's with me and that nothing will happen. we've been together for almost 3 years as well if that makes any difference. she's supposedly just going with him to get into the dance since she's from a different school and is going to dance with a group of friends(and i know th group she is going with just not the guy).

5. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

LOL @ science fair. That just struck me as funny.

When I was in highschool I'm sure I wouldn't have felt very comfortable with my GF going to a dance with another guy.

6. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I'm married and I wouldn't be comfortable with my husband going out with another woman.

7. Injected1

Injected1 New Member

Above is what I find wrong with this.. She will be going with him as a date.. As innocent as they may make it, it all boils down to her going on a DATE with another guy... I don't know about you, but I'm not letting my GF date other guys.. She wouldn't even dream of pulling something like this..

8. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

EXACTLY! What woman with respect and love for the person she is with would even consider doing this?

9. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:werd: listen to this dude

10. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

the problem here comes with your age. younger people don't have the maturity level, nor the level of trust that you really need to handle these kind of situations correctly.

in my POV, i would've told her that it was fine. i would've said "have fun" and been done with it. I'm also older and have been in quite a few relationships. i'm also getting married next year.

despite that, however, you have to go with what feels right to you. for instance, my fiance went to a friend from work's congratulations party. this guy just got married. i didn't go with him, and i was totally fine with that, even knowing that there would most likely be other women there he knows from work. i just trust him like that.

however, if he had told me that he was going out to dinner, alone, with one of his female coworkers who's single, i probably would've put a stop to that, just because it didn't feel right or sound right to me.

conversely, with the same situation as above, only with one of his married female co workers, i would've said go ahead, or maybe asked if i could join them. but thats just because i'm that comfortable with him and i trust him... but if the situation doesn't seem right, i'm going to say something.

i think you handled it well. but remember, you're still young.

11. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Wow, what a completely different situation :ugh:

This has nothing to do with trust...i trust my wife, but i sure as hell would be happy if she asked to go on a DATE with another guy..as his DATE.

Going to a party for someone you know who just got married with another guy is no big deal. Thats not a "date".

This also should have nothing to do with age, atleast not in the context of this post. At ANY age, no relationship should have one member asking to go date another and expect it to be no big deal. I dont care if you are in middle school or a retirement center...thats a serious trust breaker.

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I would have told her "Hey, you can go with him if you want, and I will wish you guys the best in your future. Where do you want me to put your stuff once I am done packing it up?"

Seriously. This is a RED FLAG and a "dump her" issue. If my SO told me she was going to go ANYwhere with another guy (except for her gay friend who I know) I'd tell her to rethink it if she wanted to come home and have me still be here.

If we had a split rent deal, I'd rent a truck and pack it up and move out. And the very FACT that she is even THINKING about it means she does not care enough about me to not risk losing me. I would say things are headed downhill.

My SO knows that if she went on a date with another guy I'd be gone, 100% no second chance, nothing, never, ever.

You're a wimp if you let her get away with it, and that is WHY she can get away with it. You just "approved" and rewarded her seeing other men. Good luck with that! :sadwavey:

13. MtroidPrncss

MtroidPrncss New Member

I think in a relationship you have to trust your significant other, but if you feel uncomfortable with a situation, you still need to let him or her know. When you let your SO know, he or she should be sensitive to it and respect your wishes. I personally don't see a problem with going to a big dance with a bunch of people there with another guy, but if my SO were uncomfortable with it, I would respect his feelings.

14. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

maybe it does deal about my trust and her but i mean i would never even think about going anywhere with another woman to something like this. i dont even talk to many females. i dont want to let myself get into any situation that has potential of ruining my relationship with her and thats what i told her but she doesnt seem to understand and continues to tell me "he has a gf and knows she is with me. she is just going with him to get into the dance since she cant go alone since its not her school." she thinks i dont trust her and i think she doesnt respect me or the relationship for that matter. but i feel bad for restricting her on going somewhere and doing something that she enjoys doing so i gues im stuck :sad2: . thanks for the input everyone.

by the way, anyone think being together 3 years says anything? she says she's stuck with me for 3 years already so why would she do something now? i dont know what to say to that :dunno:

15. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

The fact that she says that would send up a flag too. Im sorry, people married for 30 years cheat and break up...what does time together have to do with anything.

And for her to pull the trust card on this one... ehh...very suspect.

After 3 years she shouldnt even want to be on a date with someone else. I know beyond any doubts that my wife would never even CONSIDER this, and likewise I would never consider a date with another woman, even before we were married.

She is putting herself in a position she doesnt need to be in, with complete disrequard for your feelings. On top of that she seems to be defensive about it, which is never a good sign.

16. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

She really enjoys dances though nad has gone to many. so i think it may be just going to the dance and needs someone to get her in? she's not being defensive about going with him, its about me not wanting her to go to the dance. she is intending to go with another girl, BUT if that girl finds a date then my gf would need to go with the guy to get her in. is that reasoable? so really what she says is, she doesnt 'want' to go with him as you all are saying, she wants to go with her girl friends but if they have dates she'll need someone to get her in. :dunno:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  17. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

this thread really brings out the immaturity in some of our "expert" vag posters.

for christ's sake... its a high school dance.
    this isn't a marriage proposal :rolleyes:

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Does it really matter WHAT it is? Is it ever truly acceptable for somebody who claims to be in such a committed relationship (such as one 3 years long) to want to go out on a date with another person?

19. Injected1

Injected1 New Member

A high school dance that is infamous as the nite you hook up with your date.. It's in movies, sayings, and everyone assumes this.. Except for ppl that CAN'T get laid at it or didn't and wish they had.. If it's like he recently explained and she just needs someone to get her in.. That's fine and dandy, but that's different than being his prom DATE... That's just getting a ticket the sneaky way.. lol DATE = Slow dancing, grinding, and alcohol laiden parties afterwards.. And ummmm.. *cough*, whatever else may happen..

Long story short,

If she's going to use him to sneak in and be with her girl friends.. That's cool...

If she's going as his date to be with him, tell her no.. If she still goes kick her ass to the curb, she's not worth having..
    Letting your girl go on dates with guys is not a good way to keep a faithful girl..lol

20. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

alright thanks for all the input. i know what i am going to do now.

21. gsxec

gsxec New Member

If your going to dump her for this at least bang her one last time then tell her how you feel about her and her farking date :rofl:

22. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

eh, it's HIGHSCHOOL.

23. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

I can just see it now. Girl goes to dance. Goes to afterparty. Boyfriend calls she doesn't answer. She fucks her date, then calls boyfriend and is like hey we are leaving razoos or something likethat or my phone died.

24. jonno

jonno New Member

25. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

hah. i dont think thats possible. to be honest, we're both virgins and i told her that i decided not to until im married. we've come close but everytime she reminds me or i remind her and we dont. so yea, thats not really an option :hs: