girlfriend seems to always be sick when i'm not there...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Brigante, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

is this in her head or something? quick background, i was promoted and transferred to a job about 80 miles away from my girlfriend. used to see each other almost everyday. now it's just on the weekends. she always suffered from frequent headaches (including severe migraines) but it just seems that during the weekends when i'm with her, she's fine. then come during the week it just seems like everytime i talk to her, she's not feeling well. - whether it be a headache, nausea, or something else. she's extremely attached to me, more so than i am to her.

dont' get me wrong i love her to death. but she struggles when we're apart. and i wonder if this is just some mechanism she uses to deal with it - convinces herself that she's not feeling well to the point where she really doens't feel well. kinda scary to think that 80 miles separation for 4 days out of the week causes such a thing but it just seems to be true. friday night she's happy as can be. by monday night, it's a headache that lasts through thursday. it's almost routine now.

if this all sounds crazy, i could understand but i'm trying to reason with this. thanks for any help.

2. fray

fray New Member

i don't see why not. she could just get herself so worked up that it physically makes her sick. maybe you could help her find some things to do to distract her.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

There are some different disorders where physical symptoms are present even though there is nothing really wrong. Does she have a life of her own during the week? It sounds like she needs some hobbies or friends to keep her busy during the week so she's not so dependant on you.

4. demosnat

demosnat New Member

psychosomatic illness ftmfl

5. otherlank

otherlank OT Supporter

its all in her head. Now obviously I've only heard your side of the story. Assuming that what you are saying is accurate, its definitely a psychosomatic disorder.

6. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Maybe a doctor better make a diagnosis on this one :hsugh: