SRS Girlfriend of 3 years may have health issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BrianM87, Jan 27, 2010.

1. BrianM87

BrianM87 New Member

But I don't know what's going on. For a long time shes been complaining of headaches and getting dizzy, and then a few weeks or so ago she started having problems with her vision. She went to a doctor who wanted to give her an MRI and scan for a possible brain tumor, and that was supposed to happen 2 days ago.

I called her the night of the scan to see how things went, but her phone was off. She called early yesterday morning crying, and said she was in the hospital and that she would call in a little bit, but no explanation beyond that. I tried to call back but her phone was off. A few hours later I got a message from her mother again saying that she would be staying in the hospital. Her phone is now off as well, and I can't get a hold of anyone else in her family.

She transferred to a school in Utah last semester and I don't even know what hospital she is at, so seeing her or calling the hospital isn't an option. Her family is also all out of state so I can't exactly go find them either...So yeah. I'm pretty much freaking the fuck out at this point and I don't know what to do.

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Sooo.... this is a long distance relationship?

So this chick who has a potential brain tumor has been transfered to the hospital and no one is helping the boyfriend of three years out in regards to doing as much as getting the address of the hospital so you can send a get well card.

When was the last time you saw her physicaly? How often does that happen?

I think there is something else going on besides a brain tumor. I think that her boyfriend IS by her side.

3. BrianM87

BrianM87 New Member

It became one last semester. And it was not a sudden thing. She had been talking about going there since before we were actually dating, she just took her sweet time making it happen.

Her family has been more than supportive of it, and payed for her to fly back here or me to go out there for a few days every couple of weeks. The last time I saw her was 1/6, so a week or so before she started complaining about the vision thing. And as far as the rest of the post, fuck you.

4. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

Calling it like I see it.

Long distance relationships tend to not work out for a reason.

5. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

So call her parents up and get the scoop.

6. Thought Thinker

Thought Thinker Circling the drain.

What the fuck does any of this have to do with him being concerned for someone regardless of THEIR situation? Way to be a douche bag.

As for the TS, if you know the hospitals in her area, call them and ask if she's currently a patient. They will tell you.

7. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

He bitched about two things.
    Health issues and his inability to get any information on what the bloody hell was going on.

I commented on the second thing.

It just seems to me that if some chick where in love with him and her health took a terrible nosedive SOMEONE (probably the parents) would be there to give him info. That he can't get any info is a sign that this mess is gonna get worse for him before it gets better.

8. Thought Thinker

Thought Thinker Circling the drain.

What if they were unable to? It's not always that easy when an all of a sudden serious emergency comes up. If I was the family, calling him wouldn't be my first priority (just saying). So it could very easily be hard to get a hold of anyone and get information immediately following being hospitalized for something that sounds potentially serious.

I just think your comment was pretty prickish and out of left field. Definitely not helping his situation in any way. :squint: