girlfriend of 2.5 yrs breakup. move on or win back

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by stillmatic, Aug 6, 2006.

1. stillmatic

stillmatic New Member

to make a long story short here it is.

me - 23 asian
    her - 25 white
    relationship - 3 yrs this september

she dumped because she didn't love me anymore, some of the reason because of this are basically my fault. i lost contact with most of my friends in the last year. i just wanted to hang out and be with her all the time. i was needy and this past year i became a pussy. i didn't let her into my network friends because i thought they wouldn't like her. so i guarded her a bit and didn't go out and have a social life. i had no life outside her. i have some trust issues.

now all i do is workout, attempt to mend old/make new friendships, work, just trying to put my life together again. its been a month since we broke up and she's seeing a new guy. my x, x's roommate, roommate's guy friend, and the new guy went camping for the long weekend.

i'm a mess right now. its so hard to convince people i'm good guy still (used to do socially immoral things. right now i'm giving her space and time. but we have plans to talk on tuesday, i think i'll bump it to friday so i won't look needy.its really hard not to text or call. i'm trying fix my life first and i really love her and want to win her back...or should just not contact her anymore. i got lazy in the relationship and i know the errors in my ways and am changing. what should i do?

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

My very first "in love" relationship went very similar to yours. My recommendation, do NOT talk to her anymore. She needs to be out of your life. You need to spend your time now focusing entirely on yourself and making yourself better mentally, physically, and spiritually.

3. awlewis

awlewis New Member

I would say to do what you feel is right. You were in a long relationship and you don't want to make what may feel like is the "biggest mistake of your life" just because someone on OT gave you bad advice.

4. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:ugh: she broke up with him because she lost interest in him. there is no other option for him to move on. if he tries to persue her, he will be in a worse position then he is now. the sooner he moves on and gets on with his life, the better off he is.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

OP, the advice I gave you was far from bad. Move on, be done with it, enjoy the better women you can find. dont be an afc like this guy.

6. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

same thing happened to me, we got back together and its not the same.

7. stag3

stag3 Quagmire(runs outside in a robe):Hey guys, what's

nothing to see here, move along, work out, hang out with your friends and meet new people.

8. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Didnt even read past your age.

move on.

9. xinster

xinster New Member

ass_kicker32 is right. the answer is always move on. If by some chance she comes back to you after youve moved on, then use your best judgement.

10. kakariko

kakariko Purple Member OT Supporter

it's obvious that she doesn't want you back.. sorry to sounds harsh, but she spent the long weekend making love in a tent to the guy she dumped you for.. get over it and move on with your life

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Move on, you can't "win" someone back. She told you she is not interested in you anymore and she already has someone else. Time to stop contacting her and get on with your life. If you are really "meant to be" then you'll end up together somehow later on.

12. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

dude, dont put so much doubt in yourself. you obviously meant well towards her and i really, really dont think she didnt see that. girls just want a guy with a spine. dont worry, there will always be a bigger guy. you just gotta find that girl that doesnt care

13. OhFourTwoThree

OhFourTwoThree New Member

As hard as it will be, it's best for you to move on. Once the other person starts seeing someone else, things are never the same once you get back together. Chances are, you will hold it against her and not look at her the same way again.