Girlfriend not caring about being healthy

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Drifter87, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

It seems like since my relationship started with my girlfriend I have been fighting a battle of getting her to eat healthy and to exercise. For awhile I was successful, but then one day it all just stopped and I have been loosing this fight.

Everything I try, like encouraging her to eat several small meals through out the day or me cooking healthy meals when we are home, just all go to waste. When she has lunch, its totals up to 1200+ calories and then at dinner the other night she had 3 full plates of pasta at a restaurant while I barely finished one. I believe for a girl her age and size, she should only need 1600 calories to maintain weight. On top of all that she has started to party more, so the beer weight is not helping.

I confronted her a few days ago about it and she did not want to change her life style. Even her doctor told her that she was over weight and needs to go on a diet. The only thing she did was to attack my weight, which I responded that I just started working out again and the trainer at the company gym told me my body fat % is ideal and my BMI is average.

She tells me she hates to run (which she use to run 3miles 4 times a week), cannot afford a gym membership (I offered to pay, but she then claimed work gets in the way), hates just doing pushups and situps, and likes to eat and drink what she wants.

So I am at a loss... anyone ever had to deal with someone resistant to getting into shape and being healthy?

2. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

you can't force someone to change their habits.

3. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

4. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

how much overweight is she? has she gained weight since she has been with you?

5. freckleface

freckleface expose the raw nerve and get on with our lives...

???

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sorry to break it to you man, but I remember your original thread and I knew then her "alright, I'm going to be healthier from now on!" attitude wouldn't last :sad2:

This is a perfect example of how you can't change the person you are with...you can only change who you are with :hs:

7. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Or yourself.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

if she doesn't have motivation, it's not going to happen. And even then, it's not highly likely.

how overweight is she ?

9. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

Break up with her.

10. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

If thats more important to you than the relationship however it goes then you should move on.

11. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Dump the fattie.

12. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I lose a certain amount of respect for people when they don't care about their bodies. how long have you been going out with her? I don't think I can see myself with a person who does not care about their body, IE eating healthy, being in physical shape, and being an active person. If its a major turn off for you and its hurting the relationship you need to tell her that. I know people on here will hate me for saying you should end the relationship so don't do that.... yet. If she becomes belligerent about it and starts to regress even more, then i think its time for you to move along. Her laziness is only going to effect other aspects of your life as well.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:uh:

You are supposed to find a girl that ALREADY enjoys being a health nut, not a fatty you want to turn into one.

You're a dick, health & exercise isn't for everyone. You want a thin/healthy girl, go find one

14. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Kick her ass to the curb then tell her to do some pushups while she's down there. Seriously, it sounds like this is a big deal to you and something she doesn't give a shit about. You aren't going to get her to change so you either have to change your expectations (which I don't see you doing) or leave.

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

agree on every part but the dick part :rofl:

16. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

half agreed on the dick part

17. THoC

THoC New Member

i take that you are more worried about her being fat and therefore not attractive to you. hiding it w/in a "i care about your health" thread is a smooth way to approach it w.o sounding like a dick though.

although, personally, i would not hold it against you if her being fat is the real reason. if my gf got fat i would try to get her to eat better and go to gym w. me. if i failed i would leave her.

you cant change her man. you have to decide if her being fat/unhealthy is something you can deal w. or not. if not, leave.

18. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

No one likes getting nagged that they aren't living their life "how they should be". I understand wanting a girl that's physically active, but nagging a fat girl isn't the way to do it.

19. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

ehh...

I convinced my current gf to clean up her diet along with exercising again and she is really enjoying it.

20. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sounds like he needs to redouble his nagging efforts on his fatty-mc-fatnasty gf :mamoru:

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:bigthumb:

22. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

However I had it easy. Her senior year of highschool she had 5+ full ride offers to play D-1 Tennis then got hurt real bad. So basically I'm helping her get back to where she was 6 years ago.

23. D7

D7 OT Supporter

dot

24. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

its possible to make it happen, you need to just tell her over and over and over eventually she will get it. Or break up with her, my wife hates the gym but she goes and watches her weight because I made it a point to her thats what I want. (After she goes to the gym she feels awesome its the idea of the gym)

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Report back in a year, like the TS.