SRS Girlfriend mentioned today that she'd like us to move in together in the new year.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Green Bastard, Dec 5, 2006.

1. The Green Bastard

The Green Bastard Click click click bang

I love this girl...everything I've ever wanted, looked for, or dreamed of in a girl...she's got. Looks, personality, smarts, sex drive, we both have gotten along SOOO WELL it's scary. I mean, when I go out doing photography, she's my tripod sherpa. She absolutely loves my photography, and is very supportive of it.

And it's only been 5 months.

She mentioned today that I should move in with her after the new year rolls along. I was floored.

I spend most nights at her place anyways, and we share the cooking duties in the kitchen, the yard duties, etc.

But I still work a dead-end job, and have been hunting, albeit unsuccessfully, for better work, and work closer to her. IF I still have my current job when I move in, I'll be travelling 40 min each way to work. I told her that if I move in, I might have trouble helping her like I should, financially, but I'll try my best. She said she's not dating me for my money. She, like myself, likes the simpler things in life, which is really cool.

I'm still kinda in shock, tho.

Input?

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

You better do it or she will leave you. My gf did when I didn't move in.

3. The Green Bastard

:eek3:

4. The Green Bastard

She's paying a mortgage on the house. It's hers, and she's been redoing the whole thing bit by bit. It's 150+ years old, a nice old house in the middle of town. Her son is also going to school in that town, and has a lot of friends. I don't mind the travelling either. My car is super great on gas. :)

I don't feel prssured, and I love her...my question is, is this too soon?

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

What does your gut say?

6. The Green Bastard

My gut says don't fuck this up, my heart says this is the best thing to happent to me, and my conscience is worried about my dad, who's sick, and that's why I'm still home.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

8. The Green Bastard

9. teo

teo . => ? => !

Sleep on it, see how you feel in a week. Listen to your gut.

If you're still at home I think you should seriously consider living on your own for a while first. Your parents may bitch about it (eg: "Why would you waste the money? You can stay here and save money!") seeing as you're their baby and all, but living on your own gives you much-needed insight into how running a household of your own works - there are things you may take for granted now that you don't know about (because you've never had to take care of everything yourself) and will continue to take for granted if/when you move in with your girlfriend.

10. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Does she know about all of your pr0n? :naughty:

11. The Green Bastard

long story -- i was out on my own, and then living with a girl I trusted, loved, and was engaged to. I caught her cheating on me, within weeks of her leaving me in financial ruin. It took me a couple years to get things back on track, and my folks were gracious enough to let me move back here until I got straightened out. Even afterwards, they said that they have no problems with me staying here, and I do errands, yard work, clean the driveway, house/car maintenance, no rent.

So i have lived with another woman before...this girl is nothiing like that whore.

12. The Green Bastard

She has her own collection, and a dildo she calls HANK. :o

13. The Green Bastard

We haven't fought. Some days I'm kinda down in the dumps (happens this time of year for me) and she's down on some days too...but when we're together, my heart beats strongly, and we feel SO good together.

14. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

/thread

15. teo

teo . => ? => !

Did you move straight from your parents' place in with that girl?

16. i94tex

i94tex New Member

Just my $.02 worth-take it or leave it.....

5 months is not a long time. You are both still on your "best" behavior. You moved in once before (albeit a different type of girl) and it did not work. This gal has a child (age ??). What happens to this child after she/he becomes so attached to you? If things end up not working between the two of you, the child could be devastated.

If you think she is the one, there is plenty of time to live together down the road.

17. The Green Bastard

Yes.

18. The Green Bastard

Her son thinks the WORLD of me. I see him more, spend more time with him, and play playstation/outdoors stuff with him than his father ever did. He's 9 years old, and very smart. His vocabulary alone makes me :eek3: sometimes lol.

And I'm not a fighting type, nor is she, except with her ex husband. The only one I fought with turned out to be a total bitch, and she instigated a lot of fighting in the last month we were together.

But I agree, that we should really talk things over deeply before the big move. She's the kindest, most understanding woman I've ever met. So I think this will be a really good conversation. :x:

19. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I moved in with my bf after 6 months. Its been over a year and a half since and everything is still wonderful :) We originally were going to wait until we were together for about a year, but after spending 2 weeks together we decided we didnt want to put it off any longer because we enjoyed it so much.

The only way you can know whether or not its too soon is how you feel about it. If you are ready to live with her and her son, go for it.

20. johan

johan Active Member

How old are you, TGB, and how old is the girl? You've been together 5 months, have you known her longer than that?

21. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It sounds great. The only thing I feel bad about is how she doesn't care about the money....now...but she will.

22. The Green Bastard

we met online through www.plentyoffish.com in July. We were chatting for 1-2 weeks, decided to meet. When I first saw her, I was :eek2: I've only known her since July.

I'm 33, she's 34. :)

23. The Green Bastard

Well, she makes good coin as a paramedic. But she has her bills, of course, as do I. I'm on the job hunt, and she mentioned I should get my apprenticeship as a mechanic...and she makes good sense. :) So if I get my apprenticeship, I'd be taking in more money.

24. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

only 5 months? Don't do it. I once heard from somebody that the first big fight doesn't even happen til about 6 months (and surprisingly, this seems to be true). You guys are most likely in the honeymoon phase...

I mean, think about it. If you move in now, when everything's still all good...what happens when you have that first big fight? What happens if you realize after that fight that the relationship isn't going to work out?

Call me old fashioned, but I couldn't really see myself moving in with someone unless I had been with her for at least a year. Why? Because it's a HUGE thing. Moving in with someone majorly weakens your independence (this is not an insult) because if things go south, you no longer have a safe place of your own to retreat to.

I agree with the other posters...it's too soon, and if you're having more than just the jitters, you shouldn't do it.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't listen to ANYONE else about how fat you should be moving. Because what feels good to you can seem crazy to others, but it doesn't matter, you should do what you feel is right.