SRS Girlfriend may fly to the UK and stay at the home of an ex...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by m3 bavaria, Mar 7, 2009.

1. m3 bavaria

m3 bavaria Come again?

I posted this in the main forum, and got the opinions of that crowd. I'd also like to see what the emotionally sophisticants in the Asylum have to say...

Back story:

Girlfriend lived in Tokyo for 2 years as an exchange student (this was before we were together). During the time, she slept with a English kid twice.

She has 3 friends that live in the UK, and she wants to go see all of them. However, apparently this kid she slept with is the only one that lives in London, and so when she flies in, he'll pick her up, show her around for a few days, and she'll be on her way to Sheffield to see her other friends. The kid she slept with, and her other two friends were all close, and all studied at Leeds.

When we first got together, my girlfriend said that if they lived in the same place, she'd be with this kid. Now, she claims that he mistreats women, etc. and loves me.

My thoughts:

She goes and I condone it, I'm a sucker. She doesn't go because of me, I'm an asshole. She's immature for bringing it up, and I shouldn't have to bless or squash the visit.

She invited me to go, but somehow, I just see it as a dick measuring contest which results in me being pissed.

Thoughts?

2. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

Go along and stay cool. That's what I would do.

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

She doesn't need to stay with him. If she's friends with other people then it is likely she has other places to stay.

I wouldn't allow it.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

you need to make it 100% clear that you're not OK with this. if she still does it (if I were you) I'd be reconsidering her as a g/f.

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

This would have thrown a red flag for me. I would reconsider your relationship because it sounds like she is going to drop the "Don't Worry" bomb, which we all know really means "I am going to have sex without you, so don't bother worrying about it".

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You need to let her know how you feel about this. I would flat out tell her "how would you feel if I spent the nights at my ex's place while you were gone? That's how I feel".

She has a bf, she has no reason to stay at an ex's place...if she can't make other arrangements, she needs to stay at a hotel or not go.

7. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Was it actually her ex or was it someone she just slept with twice?

8. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

i would go. and bring a ruler with you :eek3:

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: That is not acceptable behavior when you are in a relationship. The fact that she would even consider doing something like that should be a huge red flag.

When did she invite you to go? Did she say she wanted you to go from the start or did she just offer that after she saw you weren't happy about her staying with him?

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Man... I am glad I have a girl who would never think to put me in this kind of position...

11. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I would dump .........

because shes probably going to fuck this guy.

12. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Flip the table ask her how she would feel if you went to sleep at one of your ex's house, I doubt she would like it

13. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

If you let her know you arent happy about it and dont want it, and she still does it, cut her off.

14. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

there is no reason for her to stay with him.

did she invite you from the beginning of the planning for this trip, or only after you showed concern about her staying with this dude?

15. Troy

Troy New Member

This thread is laughable, the bottom line should be if she goes & stays you tell her "have a nice life" period..Come on man!

16. yourfather

yourfather New Member

even if she's one in a million, there are 300 more like her just in the United States.