SRS Girlfriend is cheating

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Puguglies1, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

My girlfriend is cheating on me. She says everything is ok..but i feel something is wrong.

I think she's trying to keep me around while she tests the waters with someone else.

What should I do?

2. jc_smith

jc_smith New Member

Leave her bro. Do it now before it gets worse. Confront her first maybe, and trust your gut. It's never wrong.

3. Toxica

Toxica New Member

What makes you think that she is cheating? Just a feeling or did you find suspicious things?

4. CalicoJackie

CalicoJackie New Member

This.

If you already feel this way then trust in the relationship is gone. If trust is gone then you both are in for a world of hurt due to jealousy.

5. johan

johan Active Member

Generally you should trust your gut. But that depends, a little bit, on you.

So what's is making you suspicious.

6. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Yeah have to tell us what exactly is making you think this. Now if you catching little things here and there and your guts saying shes cheating then yeah get out now and lose contact with her.

7. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

It's the strange behavior..the distance between us. And I know she's cheated before..

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

What strange behavior?

9. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

Just because she's cheated before doesn't mean she is cheating now. Lacking trust can be an issue. Please make sure you actually have proof she is cheating before you start lashing out irrationally at her.

If she is in fact cheating, there is absolutely no reason for you to put up with it. Tell her that you want to date exclusively, and if she can't make that kind of commitment to you, then it's better if you see other people.

If you say nothing, she might assume that the behavior is okay, and she'll continue to do it. She'll continue to use you as a doormat....continue to sleep around, and then come home and wipe her feet on you.

You deserve someone who can honor and respect you. Just have an open, honest conversation, and see where it goes.

10. RuskeR

RuskeR ReksuR

Elaborate on the behavior. No one hear can honestly give you good advice based on the few things you mentioned in your post. It could all be in your head because you're insecure, or your gut could be right.

Testing the waters while keeping your around is very common. Do you guys live together?

11. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Fuck the fake intellectuals in this thread. She's acting distant and making YOU feel like she's "keeping you around". That's exactly what many women do when they're either cheating or ready to hop into a new relationship and ditch you. She's your girlfriend. You know her well and I'm assuming have known her for sometime. Things just don't "shift" when nothing is happening. Something happens to create it.

The best thing you can do for both you and her is to leave. It'll put her in a position where she's forced to decide what she wants. Afterwards, she'll either accept how things are on move on, make her realize she wants to be with you and quit acting stupid, or she'll try to have fun for a little while then come back.

Regardless, if she's cheating on you once already, she's fully capable and likely willing to do it again.

12. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

She's being distant, we're not talking as much as before, haven't had sex in a while, and she's comparing me to other people..

It sounds bad just writing it:(

13. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Take her out to a nice dinner then ditch her with the bill dont call or contact again

14. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Probably should have dropped her when she cheated before.

15. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

so confused

16. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Probably meant that she's cheated with other boyfriends.

17. Rellik

Rellik New Member

you need to be as awesome and attractive as possible now in order to keep her from moving on to their other options

18. Stuff

Stuff New Member

:ugh: terrible advice.

like others have said - if you think she's cheating, there's a reason. the things you listed a few posts up aren't exactly good signs either. when the sex stops, she gets distant and communication starts to break down it's time to move on before she hurts you more than she already is.

19. johan

johan Active Member

so, lets focus on what you want.

do you want to keep her? And why?

20. Rellik

Rellik New Member

it doesn't even mean she's cheating, although she's certainly capable of it, she can simply be losing interest, just like guys do. the pressure is on the OP

21. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (lolphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

It's still terrible advice. He's not married to her. :ugh: Chances are they're both young anyway and nobody should go through this shit with a "girlfriend".

22. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Dating a known cheater is just asking for trouble.

23. Puguglies1

Puguglies1 New Member

I do, I really love her. But dealing with that is starting to change me..and not for the better.

24. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

You are #1. Save the self-sacrifice for lifelong friends, family, your children, the love of your life that doesn't give you constant signs she's cheating, etc... If you are changing for the worse then it's time to either immediately correct things in the relationship or move on. The latter is almost always the way things go.

25. Kafka

Kafka New Member

wow, sucks for you man.

plenty of fish in the sea though.

btw if you even suspect your gf is cheating she probably is. us men have our own version of "women's intuition" too, except ours is called "logic" and "common sense"