SRS Girlfriend is angry...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LudaMan, Jan 23, 2006.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

...and I have no idea why. The past couple weeks, she has been really suffocating me with calling me all the time, wanting to hang out every day, and this and that. I was really looking forward last friday, as my friends and I were just gonna hang out at a party and I'd get some alone time, so that would help.

Emily (gf) calls and wants to stop by because she doesn't want to go home. Reluctantly I tell her thats fine, because she was bringing some friends so my friends could hang out with hers. She gets there, everything is going fine, and I went out back to get some jello shots for them and i ran into a buddy I haven't seen in ages. I was talking to him for a good 20 minutes, and Emily comes back to check on me. Now keep in mind I was pretty lit, so I said I'm fine, thank you, and gave her the jello shots for her and her friends.

After that, I was more drunk, and I came out and her and her friends were gone. There were quite a few people at the party, so I walked around the whole inside and outside of the house looking for her and asked around. No one saw them leave. I was pretty worried at that point. Her car was gone, so I called, and got no answer. I left a voicemail saying that I was worried and I just assumed she went home to get some sleep because she had to work at 6 the next morning.

Now its two days later, and shes not answering my calls or texts, and 30 min ago when I called, it went straight to voicemail, but the message was different. It said, "Taking a break from life, leave a message." I left her a message, and I honestly have NO idea what is going on. I dont know if I said something that pissed her off when I was drunk or if something else happened but I'm really worried. I don't accept being drunk as an excuse for behavior, so I don't use that excuse if it was in fact me that did something.

I guess there's no advice anyone can give, I just needed somewhere to vent.

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Let this be a lesson NOT to get drunk. If you can't control yourself, or even remember what exactly happened, this is unacceptable. Its fine to drink and "get buzzed" but don't get to the point that you lose cognitive control of what you're saying and what you can remember.

3. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Point well taken. All of my friends there didn't even notice her leaving either, I don't even know if it was me that did something. Im just worried and would like to know what the hell happened.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Well Ill take this for the logical point of view. Something happened at that party. What changed from the normal you to a different you for her was the fact you were intoxicated. What is even worse is that you werent mentally there so you dont know. I personally feel that is your fault and your problem. When you chose to become drunk you are taking full responsibilty for your actions even if you dont know or remember. I'd say to maybe not get blasted when you have your love around unless shes approves. Maybe go visit her to see if she is alright. You probably cheated on her or something.

hope it gets better :sadwavey:

5. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I full agree that it's my fault. However, I do know for a fact that I didn't cheat on her. Im guessin I said some smartass comment, or maybe she thought I was ignoring her. I think ill run by her house tomorrow after she gets off school and if i dont catch her there, ill wait for her after she gets off work. I also think the fact that she was drunk too also maybe set her emotions a little more and possibly me ignoring her or saying something stupid set her off more than it would normally.

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Entirely possible. Like I said, there's a fine line between "buzzed" to be relaxed and in control, and "drunk" to where you have no control. If one or both of you crossed that line, it could easily spell a bad situation. You wouldn't be the first to have a breakup in a relationship over something that happened under the influence.

The best thing to do now is exactly what you're doing. Go see her, find out what's up. Obviously she must remember something of what happened, so you'll have some MAJOR apologizing to do if there really is a problem.

Personally, I can see the thought behind drinking to unwind and chill, but I think being drunk out of your mind is kinda pointless, and takes all the fun/relaxation right out of it. I've never been in a state like that though, so I really can't speak from personal experience. Only from seeing friends in such an inebriated state.

7. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Perhaps you mentioned something about needing a break from suffocatio.

8. abyssinianson

abyssinianson New Member

hah! at least you got calls and are getting attention. i never got shit and was always the only one to call because she didnt like being on the phone. wtf? at least a call every now and then would have been nice, maybe an email about your day. in fact, i can could count the number of times she initiated some sort of communication on one hand in an 8/9 month period. eitherway, that got tiresome really fast especially since all i got was either shit in the form of arguments or being asked to worry about every fucking little thing that didn't really matter at the time. communication was defintiely NOT one of her best traits.

how does this relate to you? ask her what is bothering her, man. one way or another, get her to talk to you about what is bugging her but realize that she needs to pull her weight as well. a one sides relationship isn't a good thing and you need to TALK even though you might be emotionally drained from whatever is affecting you at the time. in a healthy relationship, you NEED to make time and energy for the other person and there is nothing around that rule.