MIL Girlfriend/Fiance/Wife Problems????

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by apollotrance1, Nov 23, 2008.

1. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

My girlfriend now seems like 1 day she is okay with the idea, then the next she is all pissed about it. Anyone have any kind of helpful ideas I could use to ease her mind?? I know I can come back after basic and AIT, but is there anything you guys (or girls) used??

2. apollotrance1

If you haven't read the other threads in this sub-forum, I am going to be joining the Army.............

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

She will cheat on you.

4. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Yup.

Do yourself a HUGE favor, and be totally single / unattached when you enlist.

The only thing "commited" women contribute is heartache, confusion and bullshit, and it will make your life harder, both in boot and while you're deployed.

And as stated, they will cheat, cheat, cheat....you'll be lucky if she only fucks people you don't know.

Trust me, we have been there and done that.

5. RecklessYouth

RecklessYouth godamnlurker

Dude, seriously, if she is freaking out this much over 9 weeks of basic training and a couple months of AIT, how in the hell is she gonna handle you being deployed for a year or more? I predict cheating and/or breaking up during basic. Good Luck!! Woot!

6. Julius

Julius Guest

listen to what these guys are saying.

7. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

buy her a promise ring.

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Im in the opposite position right now. My gf is leaving to airforce boot camp on the 8th. Shes gonna be gone for a couple of weeks and then AIT. Im not having a problem with it but then again Im a guy so maybee its different. I mean your joining so you can handle your shit. Unless your going to marry this chick I wouldnt even stress this because its destined to fail (unless your doing reserves then maybee you will have a shot)

I mean unless your so commited your going to end up marrying her so you can live together and stay together in the millitary its not worth the stress or heart ache to continue this shit.

9. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

I'm also in the opposite end. Wife is taking her tests and what not to get into the airforce as well. I'm totally okay with it and I know it's what she wants (it's been a goal of hers for some time now) and it will help us get to where we want to be financially.

You both have to be commited to the idea, otherwise the relationship will fail due to the stress placed upon it. If she's not going to support you 100% cut it off. You're obviously set on the idea so go for it, you'll find someone down the road that WILL support you.

10. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

my question to you is are you planning on marrying your girl down the road?

11. shiba

shiba Active Member

You have to remember that when you join the military, you are almost guaranteed to deploy shortly after you come out or stationed somewhere far away from home. The severe distance and time difference is a leading cause that drives most military breakup. You are not the first person to ask about this on this forum and it never fails, time after time again someone cheats and they go running to "The Asylum" to cry about it. Do yourself a favor, get some ass while you still can and tell her you want to take a break.

12. Jyokker

I took the liberty of bolding the words in your post that the threadstarter's girlfriend did not exhibit in his post.

13. apollotrance1

Wow, alot of responses. She is 22, will be 23 in Dec. We have been together now for about 7 years. We have had some bad times and split up a few times, but we have been great with each other. After I broke the news to her, she got pissed. Then she cooled down, and is "okay" with the idea. She wants me to make sure she will be taken car of when I leave, such as a appartment or something like that. She also wants to get married to make it "easier". I really do love her, and I really don't mind the fact that she wants to get married, but I understand what you guys are saying. The longer I am away, the "greater" the chance she will cheat.

14. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

WTF she wants to be taken care of?!? if she can not take care of herself do NOT marry her... nothing more annoying then a wife who cant handle things..

:hs:

15. Jyokker

I just want to point out that greenpillow is a wife and mother married to a military member. She is more qualified than most to make this statement.

16. apollotrance1

not taken care of, but she wants me to make sure I have a house or appt. lined up for her and my daughter, and that everything that I currently take care of, will be taken care of when I go in, like certain bills/.

17. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

25 and im assuming most of the guys in the airforce that would hit on her are the younger guys which she cant stand. If she does cheat on me it wont be with any one in the millitary haha

18. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

And here we go again. :rofl:

That's what you think. :rofl:

19. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

meh, Im not worried right now shes going to boot camp haha plus I got a secret weapon to combat cheating. Shes Bi and I dont have a problem with ehr fucking girls haha

20. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

sure buddy, you keep telling yourself that.

21. Burrito10

Burrito10 New Member

Accord, get in here.

Got a gf of almost 3 years, and we aren't planning shit after I leave. People ask what were going to do, and I say :dunno: wtf ever happens happens. I really hope to stay with her, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work!!!!!!

22. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

YOU like to keep tossing out info.. Your gf will be taking care of your daughter? IF so set up a different account in which your pay will be going in to.. HER name needs to be on this account. While my husband was in basic we recived BAH I do not remember if we recived sep pay but im sure we did not.. We had BAH and BASE pay. I however recomend that you allow a family member take care of your daughter while you are gone. She sounds needy. Needy women tend to cheat. If you are not worried about cheating than you would not have started this thread.

23. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

just in case you missed this ...

24. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

in for thread saying she cheated in a few months or a year

25. KrissyKrass

KrissyKrass New Member

Not all girlfriends/fiancées/wives cheat…
    I was in a four year relationship and he went to basic/AIT and cheated on me. Was sent to Germany right after and that was the end of that. I stayed faithful and as time went by he was a different person who wanted different things. It was better that we broke if off. He could have done that before cheating on me but I guess he didn’t want to face or deal with that.