SRS Girlfriend = expensive :wtc: how to let her know im not made of $

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SovietRussia, Jun 25, 2006.

1. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

so my girlfriend and i have been dating for a while, and she always wants to do 'stuff'. like going out to eat, to the movies, renting movies, etc. so i have been taking her out and stuff, but its getting to be pretty expensive. she comes from a bit of money, and i dont think she really has a very good concept of money. so how can i let her know that i still love her, but i cant be dropping tons of money all the time on us doing things?

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

why doesn't she ever pay for both of you? if she comes from a wealthy family, its not like she cant afford it

3. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

Ask her to split everything on the date 50/50 or start doing... you pay 100% for one date and she pays 100% for the next date.

The guy paying for everything is now dead, they should pay as well now.

4. Burns45678

Burns45678 New Member

:werd:

5. Bleed

Bleed New Member

that wont go over too well with her if she's been brought up from money. some girls will go for the 50/50 thing, others will not.

here's what you do. instead of taking her out all the time, start making food for her. learn to cook and this will save you money.

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Here's a novel idea: make her pay half. She's your girlfriend, not your whore. You don't have to buy her. Or... do you? If so, time to reevaluate relationship.

Yesli nye dengi znachet nye pisda... nada zakonchiles. I think thats correct. Sorta. But you're not actually Russian, are you?

7. johan

johan Active Member

If she is so selfish that she thinks nothing of draining off all your money so she can have her fun, then I think she is not a good match for you.

Be selective who you choose to date, there are billions of girls in the world. If you got one, you can get another.

Don't settle.

50/50 is a good suggestion, if she is offended or recoils in horror at this suggestion, or thinks "girls don't pay" just smile and silently thank the gods that she has revealed her inner self to you in such a plain and obvious manner.

Secondly, dating is about enjoying the company of another person. Go on dates, i.e. spend time, at venues that do not cost.

If her idea of a date is ONLY you lavishing money on her, i.e. expensive meals, jewellery, gifts, trips, etc. then either she's not truly interested in you for YOU, or else she's a user.

Consider that when you decide how best to spend your time and money.

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

"Yesli nye dengi znachet nye pisda... nada zakonchiles."

Is that even intelligable as, "If no money means no vagina... must to break up."

???

I haven't done this in a while.

9. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

i just feel akward having her pay. and i dont really know how to broach the subject with her.

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

"Hey, I haven't got my paycheck this week but would sitll like to go out. You mind if we split the check?"

11. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

"Hey I'm a little short on money because of Enter reasons here and I'm wondering if you can pick up the check/split the check??"

12. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

It sounds like you don't have much of a connection with this girl. It also sounds like you're both fairly shallow, and that she expects you to pay for things and that you're okay with that in return for sexual favors. So, my advice is to start suggesting things before she does. Plan ahead. Suggest things you can afford. A picnic. A hike. Get an outdoorsy stitch in ya. Go kayaking. Swimming. Enjoy the summer.

In the meantime, save money for the winter, when you'll have to pay for things inside.

13. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

shazam, imaginethat

14. teo

teo . => ? => !

There are a couple of things you can do - you can take her to places that are cheap or free, and you can talk to her about it. You're going to have to talk to her about it anyway, if the relationship is getting serious. If it's not there yet, be a tourist in your own town and check out all the attractions.

15. first couple dates, I pay..

after that, i pay for myself, she pays for herself, unless its her birthday or some shit

16. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

I know one word from that ... pizda!! :hsugh:

Threadstarter:
    There's plenty of
    [move]PIZDA[/move]
    out there that won't leech off you.

Shit man, you shouldn't even have to ask her to do this. She sounds like a spoiled bitch and this will lead to tons of drama down the road. :sad2:

17. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

If she has a problem with paying her way, then it's time to move on. Unfortunately til I met my husband I got stuck with leeches and know exactly how it is to have an SO that can drain you. I even dated one guy who had the balls to TELL me (not ask) to stop by MY ATM and fetch him $60 :hsugh: Keep in mind this was in 1994, he was make $10+/hr/full time and I was at $6/hr/part time :hsugh:

18. rawr

rawr Trick Or Treat OT Supporter

Oh shit, i forgot my wallet

19. YoungMontana

YoungMontana New Member

stop being a pussy or b4 you know it your gonna be married to this chick and up to your ass in debt-

sit her down and let her know- if she is unselfish and wants to be with you you guys can cut down on the spending or she can start picking up some of the tabs- if shes a selfish gold-digger then you just saved your self some $ and some years of your life...