Girlfriend and tattoo

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by le_rocks, Mar 29, 2007.

1. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

My girlfriend wants to get another tattoo. Problem is, that it's a tattoo of a fairy, small and on the inside of her wrist. First time she told me, i looked at her like :ugh: I keep pleading for her not to get it. I think it's trashy and has no significant meaning. It kinda angers me. I love her to death and been thinking about marriage, but this kinda shit is gettin to me. If I broke up with her about it, would it be wrong?

2. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

3. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

Have you sat her down and told her how you feel about it? I had the same issue with my GF during my first year with her, she wanted another tat..I straight up told her that i think too many tats look trashy TO ME(dont get offended ppl) and I told her that her skin looks way better the way it is. I gotta say, i'm way more of a sucker for virgin skin and a more feminin look...she got all mad at me and I just told her that if she gets more than 3 tats our relationship is over. She never brought up the tats anymore since that convo:rofl: and she agrees with me now.

4. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

Then I fear this relationship is over.

5. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

:wtc: fucking sucks cause I love her so much.

6. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

Could you live with the tat? Or could you live without her? pick...
    Thats if shes not willing to compromise..

7. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

true i can't live without her, but then i think of the future. With kids and stuff. It's just so trashy. Fuck!!! :mad:

8. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

have you asked her why she wants to get it?

9. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its her body, it IS trashy imo, but its her decision, try to talk some sense into her (at least get it somewhere tahts not going to limit job oppurtunities in the future...if that doesnt work, just deal with it.

10. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

she wants it cause she thinks it's cute and she's always wanted it :hsugh:

11. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

she said since its in her inner wrist she can cover it with a sleeve. :rolleyes: I give up and i'll just live with my new comic book covered girlfriend :o

12. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

sucks that you are letting a tattoo ruin your love life

that tattoo is not going to change the person she is, and you probably know that

13. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

its like hearing my story all over again....try talking to her and be serious about it bothering you enough that it could cause a barrier iin the relationship. Worked for me..

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

wow, dude, imagine if she got the lower back tattoo, or one over her whole arm..

I know i sound a bit sarcastic....I understand where you're coming from, but it's a small tattoo on the inside of her wrist.

But hey, you gotta do what is right for you.

And to be fair...if you're freaking out this much about a MINOR COSMETIC change, I don't think you love this girl as much as you think.

15. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

I know this part. I know it's not gonna change who she is or anything. It's just.... :( :run:

16. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

She has one on her toe, her foot, her hip, the lower back and three tongue piercings.

17. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

I think my main problem is, that it's tacky to me. My tattoo means something. She wants it cause she just does and it's cute. It's kinda like a ricer puttin stickers and LED's and shit on a honda.

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

OK. So you're just not really into the whole tattoo piercing thing in general..

and that's not a criticism, as neither am I.

So why did you get with this girl in the first place, if you know you're not really into that stuff?

19. SlvrCivLT621

SlvrCivLT621 New Member

that's kind of excessive...sounds like she just wants another one just to have another one. my best friend got one that had meaning for the death of her brother that she decided she wanted when she was 10, that's fine, but then she got another one and now she talks of another all down her side and it sounds rediculous and stupid as hell...thankfully she doesn't have the money for it right now so i don't have to talk her out of it for awhile yet

20. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

I am, but in moderation and with a theme or flow. I have a tattoo myself, it covers my right arm from the bicep up. However it meant something to me. She has a flower, two butterlies, a turtle and other random stuff. But I guess like sportsjunkie and you said:

I love her not the shit on her. The little things like that shouldn't change my feeling for her. :love:

21. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

:o i figured it out already thru sportsjunkie and mattThom01 :mamoru:

22. Ignited

Ignited Active Member

Dont let yourself fall in the trap..."if you love her you will put up with her shit" BS...the balls swing both ways, as much as you have accepted her tats and stuff to this point she should equally be considerate of the way you feel, if you are in a good relationship. If its meaningless and you are meaningful...she should pick the important one....

23. audrey

audrey New Member

I think it sounds like you have made up your mind. What if she doesn't get the tattoo now, you get married and then 5 years down the track she gets a tattoo or piercing you don't like, will you divorce her?

All my ex partners hated mods and hated me getting them. I am never going to put up with that again. I need complete freedom to express myself. Anyone who can't understand and love me for that, is not the person for me.

24. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

One of my exes broke up with me because I got a tattoo. It was such a trivial reason, but it kinda pissed me off. It's my own body, and what I chose to put on it is my decision. I guess if you're dead set against it, break it off with her. I've always been a strong believer that true love is blind, trashy tattoo or not..

25. le_rocks

le_rocks New Member

no decided against it. It's her body and I love her. so she should do what she wants as long as it doesn't violate us.