girl w/ 2 year old kid?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Athlete218, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

so im supposed to hang out w/ a girl i met... she approached me, very cute, good personality, etc..... she has a 2 year old kid from a guy she was with for 5+ years. ive never dated or gone out w/ a girl who had a kid.... in the past i have always been completely against it, but this girl seems cool so far.

she said she is still "good friends" w/ the baby daddy...but they should've been broken up long before it happened.

is this a bad idea? btw, i am 26, she is 24.

2. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Hmmm... Keep yourself from the child as long as you can. You don't want to stick with her because you like the kid; likewise, you don't want her to like you because the kid gets along with you. Finally, if it doesn't workout, it's really hard on the child.

It's up to you, but make sure her emotions have terminated for her ex.

3. terminator1010

terminator1010 Eld

ABORT NOW

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Keep this in mind and you're good to go :coold:

5. jonno

jonno New Member

werd

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Just make it known up front that you are interested in casually dating. If after a few dates you start to feel something real then you can assess where to go from there.

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

How good are you with kids?

Can't go out on dates and have a lot of fun with a kid around.

Are you ready to take care of a kid?

If the relationship doesn't work out, you will have to break up with 2 people you care about. You're not just dating the mom, you're trying to get the kid to like you too, and many times nice guys start to love the kid like their own.

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

this.

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Everytime I've dated a woman with kids I made sure to never meet them unless I thought there was serious potential for a LTR.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

I didnt meet my gfs kid until months after we started dating :dunno:

11. Toxica

Toxica New Member

That's not true in every case... depends on her situation. How often is the child with her father? Or does the mother have the child all the time?

I have a 2 year old and I try to get along with the father of my child (we dated for a little over 6 years). I have been dating my current SO for a little over 9 months. Before me, he's never dated anyone with a kid. So he was hesitant about it. Out of the 9 months of us dating, he's been around my child maybe 3-4 times. My daughter is usually with her father when I hang out with my boyfriend. (Vice versa when my ex wants to be with his girlfriend.) I don't want them to get too attached if things don't work out. If my relationship gets serious, then I'll let them be around each other more.

And we had fun when all three of us were together. We went to the park and had a picnic, ect. You can go to the zoo, some kid place, or whatnot.

And just because she has a child, doesn't mean you will be around the child 24/7 and never have a date alone together. There are babysitters and family members/friends to watch the child. You can have a date when the kid is with their father. I hate when people think that. And you won't be raising the kid either... unless the two of you get married or maybe live together.

All in all, it just depends on her situation.

12. boredmonk

boredmonk OT Supporter

Don't do it. No matter how great you are you can't compete with the dad. Oh and you WILL get attached to the kid.

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

How long has been since she broke up with 'baby daddy'?? Because the way you have the first post worded, it sounds like it's been recently.

14. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

14 months supposedly & she has the kid about 90% of the time the way it sounds. her family helps her out a lot though.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I would not have thought of this but it's excellent advice and makes sense so :bigthumb:

16. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Some very reasonable people in this thread :bowdown:

17. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

i get the vibe from this girl that she wants to date seriously... we only went out once & she asks me non stop for 2nd dates, to come hang out etc.. i think i need to be upfront w/ her & let her know i'm not interested in anything serious. i, for one, dont really want to deal w/ a kid that's not mine & the baggage that it comes with. i'm 26 & want my own family & own kids someday. secondly, after that last girl i dated, i have a bad taste in my mouth & dont want anything serious unless a perfect girl/perfect situation arises. i like my freedom & going to work out when i want & doing what i want. going into it, i always said a kid would be a dealbreaker for me & this girl didn't change my mind. shes cool, just too much to deal with for me.

time to figure out the nicest way to let her know that her & her situation isn't for me....any ideas? i work w/ this girl so im gonna see her daily regardless.

18. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Just say, "To be honest, I'm not really looking for anything serious or be in a relationship right now. My last relationship didn't work out so well. So I'm just looking to be single for the moment." or put it into your own words.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You "think?" :hsugh: Way to not pay attention to our advice until after the first date.

Just open your mouth and tell her the truth.