girl says i lost my imagination and im boring!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by quamen, Jan 12, 2005.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Ill try to break this down as easy as possible. When i met my gf it was in the spring/summer time when i own my own seasonal business where i make great money doing what i love, now in the winter i work pt while i go to college making about 1/4 per hour of what i make in the summer.

I took her out to the resteraunts, movies, arcades and stuff like that. Im expanding my business due to a good success and just bought another new work vehicle. My money is tight right now and i cant show her the time i used to. What are some activites to get rid of this label that arnt to expensive?

I feel like im boring her with the movies and just relaxing at the home, so i want to bring life back into the relationship.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Only boring people get bored. How about take a yoga class together. It's like $5-10

3. quamen

quamen New Member

yeah i guess ur right, i admit it myself i am pretty boring.

4. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

well if you cant just chill with her and on friday nights go catch a movie, then your gf sucks. more sex

5. Neuman

Neuman New Member

if yer in a decent relationship you shouldnt feel like you always have to entertain...being together should be enough

6. jeff2577

jeff2577 OT OG

Why can't she pay for something every once in a while? I hate girls that are freeloaders.

7. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Has she said you're boring or are you just thinking that you're boring?

8. quamen

quamen New Member

that is what im always wondering, she knows my situation right now. She works full time and is in a manager spot and doesnt have many bills. She really will never open her wallet for anyhting. I mean i dont mind paying, but at this time of the season i really dont have the money to go out like i used to. I mean if you think about it, dinner and a movie can run like 40 bucks or more.

9. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Are you the same guy who posted awhile back about not having much money because you run your own landscaping business and it's now out of season? I'm sorry, I'm bad with remembering user names.

I wouldn't really worry about the situation all that much. If she's not complaining or bringing it up, it's probably not an issue.

Also, you mentioned that she doesn't open up her wallet much. Maybe she feels that you guys don't have to go out and spend money to have a good time. Have you thought of maybe having a night in and cooking up a nice dinner together? I know it sounds odd, but my wife and I really enjoy spending time together in the kitchen making dinner.

10. mkevaldz

mkevaldz New Member

if the person you are with can't just sit on the couch with you and watch a movie, without complaining about being bored, sounds like a red flag to me.

if she's home alone watching a movie and bored, it's understandable, but the simple fact that you are there should make her happy enough to not be bored. Her desire to go out and do stuff all the time as opposed to just quallity time seems kinda shitty.

anyhow, I'd suggest communication, tell her that your money situation is tighter than it was before, so you aren't able to...well here, try this

"Look, I know you've been getting bored just sitting here watching movies with me, and I apoligize for that. The thing is because I'm only part time right now, money is not as abundant as it used to be. I hope you understand it's not that I don't want to go out and do things with you, it's that we aren't able to do things at the present time."

If you tell her that and she starts bitching, tells you to get another job, or anything OTHER than understanding the situation, you don't want to be with her. If she can't understand and accept that, she's using you for your money and you are better off single.

11. Cassie1225

Cassie1225 New Member

She should be understanding to your situation. My husband and I used to pack a picnic lunch and take it to the park and eat when we were dating. Then he would push me on the swing or we would play miniature golf. It didnt cost much money and it was fun.

12. ks1983

ks1983 Guest

My ex or whatever I would call him now was kinda boring. He never really planned anything fun for us to do, and when I suggested it, for some reason, we never did it.

13. quamen

quamen New Member

yes u remebered correctly but it is car detaling business i own. I guess i spoiled her cause we went out like 3 or more night a week to dinner, movie, minature golf, bowling, ice cream and all that kind of stuff. I really didnt thow money around like water,but we had a good time. I dont buy much material stuff for myself on my vehciles and business needs. I guess im so tight right now with expanding and have to be ready in about 2 months or so it is ruff.

Im not lazy and even though im part time, i wouldt mind getting another job but i just cant go to college, work 2 part time jobs and get all my marketing done for my business. So i basically dont spend any money other than gas, insurance, cell and cable bill. i havent bought anything for myself or have eaten out at all including like fast food 5 dollars meals that is how tight im being. Maybe sometimes she doesnt realize it is going to cost me a few thousand to get everything running by march.

ps. I really appreciate all your guys help on the board, all your info is greatly appreciated.

14. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

We all fall into hard times. My guy is strapped for money as of late. And yes, sometimes I get bored, but, instead of bitchin about it, I'll pick up the tab, rent the movie, buy the beer, etc. Why? Bc I know that if he had the money, hed be doin that...just right now, he doesnt. Your girl needs to be a little more generous and understandin. I would recco next time she says shes bored..."Yeah, Im gettin cabin fever also, Id love to take you to dinner, but I cant swing it right now...how bout you pick up this tab, and I'll get the next one?" Honestly, I dont think that is inappropriate to say to your GF in this siutation and if she thinks it is, you may considerin findin someone who isnt as high maintence. Goof luck.

15. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

Spending money early in a relationship is a huge mistake from my perspective.

Let her get to know you before she gets to know your money better. :)

16. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I remember your earlier thread too. What I am still confused about from this thread is: did she tell you that she thinks you're boring, or do you just feel like you're boring?

If she said "you are so boring now that you don't take me places" that's not cool. If she can't just appreciate you're company joking around, watching a movie, playing a boardgame, taking a walk, etc, then she is not the girl for you. There is no future if you can't be happy with each other without something 'exciting' going on. I would discuss this with her, suggest you start trying new things (including her sharing the tab more often), and if she can't handle it, a breakup might be neccessary.

If she didn't actually say anything to you and it is just that you think she feels bored, it might be that nothign is wrong and you are just feeling insecure about your current money situation. If that is the case, relax, and don't worry so much. And as far as 'bringing life' into the relationship, don't forget to keep in mind that activities in the bedroom are free :naughty:

17. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the responses. shangrilarcadia we talked about it and it is not what i thought. she told me she lovees me and doesnt care what we do even if we sit home and watch a movie. i think she just misses the little things i used to do like leave nice little messages for her on her phone, or just take her to a nice romantic spot by a lake and just sit there and talk and stuff like that. with my business and all im always thinking 24/7 about it and sometimes i think she senses im not paying attention to her, im drifting off into space. plus she said she is having major pms, so that can be it to.thanks again for all ur help, i truly apprecaite it every bit.
    Thanks

18. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

Sounds like she just wants to spend a little more time with you. It doesn't sound like a money issue at all. You're in somewhat of a tough position with the responsibilities of your business. I used to detail cars myself back in highschool. I can related to how much work it is and the cash you have to lay out for supplies. People just don't understand that you can't detail a car with dish soap, a tin of wax and a dustbuster. ;) But that's another thread.

Try to take some more time out of your day to let her know you're thinking of her..phone messages, a note waiting for her when she gets home, a random phone call during the day to let her know she's on your mind.

19. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks foir the awesome replies, yes biffhenderson you are right about the supplies i spent a few thousand to have fully mobile work trucks,

20. Rocky6535

Rocky6535 Now, let me see you smile...

It sux when you're boring and they always want you to come up with fun things to do. Try making her squirt. It can't hurt...

21. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

:werd: draw, paint, take photos together; read/write together, go out for walks, play board games.....

22. 240sxgirl

240sxgirl New Member

Ok first off i hope she's not a gold digger and got used to being spoiled. It's typical to go out and party in the summer and spend those cold nights at home with your honey. If she cares about you she wouldnt be saying shit like that. I'd be mean and say if you want to do all this shit pay for it yourself. She knows the situation so she shouldnt bitch. Hopefully by you talking to her she understand. Its not easy and were all not rich if we were id have my ferrari but i have a dodge soo.

23. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

she IS a gold digger

24. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

if she cant have fun with just being with you ANYWHERE then she isnt for you

25. weakone

weakone New Member

See, that's understandable. Missing the little things. With girls, the little things are everything. The romantic little things, especially. I miss them for my relationship, too. :hs: