Girl needs time to fix problems?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by FrankMasterFlash, Apr 19, 2005.

1. FrankMasterFlash

FrankMasterFlash OT Supporter

Alright so me and my girlfriend have been going out for 8 months and recently she told me that she needs some time to be "alone." We had been going out for 8 months and started when I was in college. It was going great and everything. I would see her at least every 2 weeks on the weekend. Now towards the end of school, she says before we go any farther that she needs to fix her problems with her ex boyfriend before we continue seeing each other. She was going out with him for the past 2 years and they broke up. So she kind of ran away from all her problems and is now suffering with depression. Her problems she says is that she is kind of controlling and very insecure. So I figure I would give her the time to fix what she needs to get fixed. She is going to the same college as I am next year. We'll see what happens over the summer I guess.

She has promised me that there is not someone else and there will not be someone else. She just doesn't want to be with anyone right now. She has been with someone, ever since about 5th grade and she is a senior in HS right now. So she says that she needs like some time alone from the male species to find herself and get her act back together.

We still talk every day like we used to, and she still tells me she loves me as I do love her too. Nothing really has changed except the fact that we are not "offically" going out. She has also told me that it was okay for me to find someone else if need be, but she promised that she was not going to be with anyone else.

So I don't really know what to make of this situtation, its been real hard cause it just pisses me off that I feel like she is pullin some sort of bullshit that she might be hiding behind my back. So I figure whatever, I'm just going to wait until the summer and see what happens then I guess.

What is you're guy's opinion on this whole mess....should I stick with it, stop talking to her, drop it like its hot?....keep with it?...Hang in there till the end?
    TIA for all your help:coolugh:

2. naughtie

naughtie New Member

:rofl:

I don't think she's cheating on you, but that's what I said to one dude when I didn't want to be with him anymore. It really had nothing to do with "finding myself," or "needing to see who I really am" or "focus on bettering myself" or any bull like that.

I just didn't want to be with him anymore

3. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

bottom line - she's not really into the relationship. cut her loose and do your own thing, meet other women. if she comes back she comes back, but don't wait for it.

there is absolutely no point in having a relationship if one person wants out.