SRS Girl issues...I suck at conversations

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ScubaMatt, May 23, 2005.

1. ScubaMatt

ScubaMatt Guest

i am having girl problems also....a lot of girls flirt with me and seem to be generally attracted to me but the problem is my personality. it just seems that i cant hold interesting conversations and i cant think of anything interesting to talk about. im not really shy, as i can go up to a girl and make small talk with her, but its generally short and i cant think of anything else to talk about besides just asking them questions. theres a lot of awkward silence and it makes me look stupid. girls i talk to just seem to get bored and lose interest

what should i do?

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

you're tryin too hard... you dont have to always think of something intelligent or fun to say... if they like you, they'll continue the conversation, if they dont, you'll find you're having to manufacture a conversation, because they arent keeping it going

talk to them the way you'd talk to any one of your buddies

3. Banana Mike

Banana Mike Guest

Sounds like you just haven't found the girl yet that you "click" with. Every time that I have gotten into a really great relationship with a girl, I haven't had to make any effort to do anything, really. The first (and every) conversation just seems natural and tends to flow effortlessly.

Your problem just might be that you're trying too hard. Relax a little bit and good things will come. :)

4. rchlgnd

rchlgnd Guest

my only comment here is be careful you aren't going down a long road with this alcohol and these meds, for you may find yourself waltzing with them instead of the ladies.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

It's all a matter of what you think ' they have more reason to be scared of me, then i of them ' , thinking that helps for me :coold:

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

stop trying to impress :) believe me, ;), i can tell when guys are trying to impress :dunno:. when you lose all your inhibitions, it'll be much easier.

just keep in mind... there's always going to be people out there that hate us, etc. once you stop worrying about what they think, it'll be easier to be yourself :)

7. scaryice

scaryice New Member

Here's what you do:

When you're talking to a girl, don't think about the possibility of going out with her, or hooking up, or whatever. Just focus on the conversation, and like someone else said, just talk to her like she's one of your friends.

8. Elektra

Elektra New Member

Just relax. I'm sure you know by now that you are trying too hard. It's true, chicks can tell when you try to be impressive, which generally does not go well during first impressions. Don't worry too much about WHAt she thinks of you, instead concentrate on her, learn to enjoy the conversation for what it is. Maybe you'll discover that she's not comfortable either. Be yourself, no bigtime bullshit, and if you hook up with her you'll see that this will pay off.

Good luck

9. misterciv

misterciv New Member

yea i have the same problem too, at parties i always freak out on how to approach a girl and what to talk to her about? But when I finally do talk to a girl, i end up just asking as many questions as i can think of and I can't really hold an interesting conversation. The conversation never seems to flow naturally. I stress too much on what to say and talk about, to the point that I run out of words to say and leaves an awkward silence. I realized that this only started happening after I started to 'smoke' on a daily basis. Is it a disorder or something?

10. SpeedLaci

SpeedLaci New Member

What you need to do is...show interest. You dont need tos ay anything but atleast show interest. If she thinks that you are interested she will talk alot more so you dont have to. Theny when you come to see that she is interested in you you will be able to talk aobut things you like. Its all about being comfortable and showing interest in her. Trust me ..us girls can talk for hours as long as we know someone is listening!