Girl i met on a Flight

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by uwofrost, Jul 2, 2008.

1. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

So about a year or so ago i was flying from Denver to Minneapolis and i met the cutest girl on the flight. We have talked and IMed for the past year. She lives in Boulder, CO. I live in the Twin Cities area in MN. Her family is from around here. She is here now and we hung out. With all the talking and IMs from the last year im truly attractted to her mentally, as well as physically.

Since i graduated College my friends that live in CO have wanted me to move out there and i think i would like it there. But i have never felt a strong enough urge to make the move. im sure i would love it out there so i have been a few times. After hanging out with her in person yesterday i pretty much feel like i would be happier in CO then MN. But i dont know if its just an illusion as women tend to change the way men think.

Is it wrong or a bad idea to have her as a reason on the list of reason to move to CO?

She lives in Boulder and i would be living in a suburb of Denver. so 25-30 apart.

CLIFFs: Met girl on flight
    Talked with girl for year
    Girl is everything i look for
    Ok to have her on list of reasons to finally make the move to CO?

2. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

yes. edit: you asked the same question twice but it merited opposite answers. i'm saying it's not a good reason.

but that doesn't mean that the other reasons aren't good enough to move out there.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  3. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

Take her out of the picture, would you still be comfortable there? If so the fact that she is there is just a perk. :)

4. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

i have been thinking about moving there for a lil longer than i have known her. I kinda have wanted to make a change and get out of the midwest. I think i would be fine. its would be ok since i have friends to go live with but i would have a small social circle. I would be fine W/O her but she would make it far better.

5. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

:werd:

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

sounds :cool:

and colorado is :cool:, too. ;)

7. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Don't move because of a woman. Move because you want to.

I had a friend that moved from Minnesota to Colorado several years ago (not because of a woman) but he ended up meeting a girl in Colorado that lived in Arizona. He moved to Arizona to be with her but it didn't work out so he was kind of stuck.

8. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I have friends in AZ too...

"its all good in the hood" - Mr. Rogers

9. nicklk

nicklk New Member

I can say hi to her for you

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

My close friend who I have coached flew from Florida to Arkansas for a wedding.

Hooked up with one of the bridesmaids.

Then on the way home he met a girl on the plane, and like 3 weeks later she flew to Florida to spend the weekend with him.

The week before the bridemaid spent the weekend with him.

Moral of the story: Invite her to come stay with you.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

It's dumb to move because of a woman you are not even dating, let alone on you don't really know. However, you say you have at least always had an inkling of a desire to move there anyway. (BTW, it's 1000x cooler than MN)

Let me just paint a picture for you though to remember if you do move there, because it's obvious that she is the real reason you are now so interested:

*If you move there you cannot expect you two will get together (unless of course you discuss this prior to moving and get together in the meantime). It would be silly to move there without speaking to her about this. For all you know she actually really has a bf back home, a long term one that she has no intentions of leaving.

*You could go there and actually get together. You could start a relationship and suddenly realize within a few weeks/months that she's not the girl you built up in your head. Or you could have a long romance and either you break up with her or she breaks up with you for whatever reason. Either way, once you break up you will punch yourself for making her your main reason to move out there.

BUT, I think you are young enough and as long as you know people out there and figure out BEFORE you move there where you will be living and get a job ASAP, you should be fine. Whether you and her work out doesn't matter, you can start a new life there.

12. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

if she likes you, she will come visit you

13. Sirius

Sirius OT Supporter

move to CO, but not for the girl

14. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

Well i know she doesnt have a BF because of all the talks we have had and that we would have slept T/G if i didnt stop things last night. And she has invited me to come stay with her on more than one occasion.

And she is not the reason i want to move there.... she is on the list of reasons. I have friends there and room to rent at my friends place. As i said before i have wanted to get out of the midwest for a few years i just havent had the guts to do it.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Just to play Devil's Advocate a little :mamoru: but how many threads have we seen in here or the Asylum where a guy started falling for a girl? Then, after they went out on dates, made out and possibly more they found out she did have a bf.

I like to think she is single though :hs:

16. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Why would you stop things?

On a further note, I don't think moving is as big a deal as it is made out to be. I've moved several times, but you can always go back if you don't like it. Sure, it's expensive, but if you plan on hanging around in the area with your friends for a few years at least, it's well worth at least the life experience. Go for it.

17. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I dont ever go in the asylum... but as to the chance she has a BF i would go with zero. she and i have talked about the people we have dated over the last year or so.

So thanks for the vote of her not being a lying cheat :x:

Why would i stop.... well normally i wouldnt stop things. As you may or may not have read in other threads i will manwhore it up from time to time. Except when i have true respect for the girl. In this case i do. (tons)

I think i am blowing moving thing up to be more than it is. I have set the date of Sept. 1 for moving to Denver. My nerves are on edge cause i really just started to have a full social life here. but i do feel i need to get out so

someone asked about having a job lined up....

No nothing lined up but im sure i can get a job in a month or less and if i need i can work at a bar or someshit.

18. Dweezil

Dweezil New Member

I'm a Mn native, and moved to Co a number of years ago for work. I do miss the water & the green, but Co absolutely kicks ass. If you have an active or outdoor lifestyle, this is the place.

If there's a female friend waiting here for you, all the better.

19. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Where in CO do you live?

20. knucks

knucks Active Member

I say you should move if MN is boring you and you need a change of life..don't move because of her, though I definitely see how she can be influencing the move..

21. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

ive done this before, though my move was not as far away as yours was.

i was unhappy with my roommates, i was unhappy with my commute to work and wanted to look for a new job and all my friends that i hung out with every weekend lived down near my SO (only 30 miles away but 2 hours drive in so cal traffic). the fact that my SO lived down there made it an easy choice. but i made sure to have other reasons for the move.

worst case: it sucks and you move back. at least you will have gone for it and tried something new and different.

good luck!

22. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

thanks... :)

23. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

important question though, how does SHE feel about you possibly moving?

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

IMO, no.

do it for YOURSELF and if things work out with her, consider it a bonus

ask yourself this: if not for her, would you make the move? if the answer it no, don't move

25. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I would be moving for me and the sake of needing a change. Life is fine here but i have wanted to make a move and i think im ready to do so. Started looking for jobs by where im going to be living. (friends from here that moved to CO)