SRS Girl I like might have issues...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bitetobreakskinn, Feb 16, 2005.

1. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

So there's this girl (J) I'm interested in, who's mom (P) I'm also friends with (we work together). P and I talk about her daughter, most of the time joking around, but every once and a while she'll say that J is a sad kid, or depressed, something like that. The other night she brought up "I'm happy J started talking to me again, she just started going to counciling, etc etc".

Basically, the question is, is it a good idea to try to persue a relationship with someone who might have issues. I have enough myself with certain things, that I don't know if I could handle having a girlfriend with problems to deal with as well.

Anyone have any advice or anything :hs:

2. hvy55chvy

hvy55chvy OT Supporter

evryone has some issues, i think it would be a shame to rule her out with the small amount of these issues she might have. bail out after you are sure of her raging lunacy.

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

If she is going to a counselor, she is trying to address her issues. Don't be hesitant because of that. It's good that she is trying to improve herself.

As someone dealing with depression myself, I would hope that a relationship partner would see me for who I am, not for the problems I have to deal with.

4. It depends on what you're willing to accept or not willing to accept. If you feel you can't cope with potential problems that might come with this - you know what you must do [not do].

5. kostiw

kostiw Long Live The Emperor!

id say go for her, if she is "sad kid, or depressed, something like that." shes probly just lonly, that is how i feel, and for years it brought me to the point of being on may differnt anti-depressants ect. but all i really want is somone to hold on to and be around.

6. Pioneer

Pioneer Are you annoyed? You will be.

:werd: :sadwavey:

7. bitetobreakskinn

bitetobreakskinn Blinky the Christmas Ghost

Thank you all for the answers so far. :love: