girl I like has HPV

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Rummy, May 18, 2008.

1. Rummy

Rummy "bored and extremely dangerous"

if I was up your ass you'd know where I was
    We haven't had sex yet, but we were about to. Sex was imminent. Its the low risk kind of HPV, but I'm not so sure I want to go through with having sex now. Thoughts?

2. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

chances are a lot of girls you date have HPV

3. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

If you've had sex before, chances are YOU have HPV.

4. fray

fray New Member

Low-risk HPV includes the types more likely to cause warts, if I recall. Make sure you know what you're dealing with first! High-risk HPV is the type more likely to cause cervical cancer/abnormalities, but doesn't really cause problems for men. Like posted above, a majority of people who have had sex already have HPV.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:werd:

Did her gyno tell her it's a strain of HPV that will not cause any harm to a man? Either way, once you sleep with her you'll be passing it on to every other girl you sleep with.

6. Rummy

probably more "had" ... not have. Most people beat most viruses apparently and then it goes away. The closest I can come to is thinking of it like penis flu. And if I really like a girl I might risk the flu to take care of her or something.

7. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

no...this is not true. the virus lies dormant in your body, and can cause problems later. Mononucleosis, chicken pox, other things also do this. There is no cure for HPV, and once you've started having sex, you probably have been exposed to it. if you have sex with this girl, you are likely to be a carrier for it and pass it along to anyone else you have sex with. HPV is HIGHLY contagious. Something like 85% of adult women have some strain of HPV.

EDIT: It has a latent phase and can remain dormant for an undetermined amount of time. A healthy immune system has the potential to clear the infection completely, but it can remain in the body. Also, it causes alterations in the cells which can cause other problems later.

8. Rummy

so I've already had sex with a bunch of girls... is this a moot point?

9. fray

fray New Member

no way to know for sure...

10. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Sounds like it. :naughty:

It's really kinda sad, HPV seems to have far more negative effects for women and being so easily spread...bad news. I personally know 4 women who have been ill effected by a HPV strain of some sort, either by warts or abnormal paps etc...bad news =/

11. Fish Taco

Fish Taco Ass Man

Shitty parting gift

12. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

unless she has the strain that cause visible warts, even if you get it you won't have anything to worry about.

girls, on the other hand, do like already stated here.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  13. NCS

NCS Active Member

it is nearly impossible to avoid hpv if you are sexually active -- esp since condoms dont protect you completely.

*HUGE HUGE* respect for a girl warning you about something like this, by the way.

i wouldn't worry about this. WORST case scenario is you will have to use some cream or in more rare cases have to get a wart removed, and thats if you actually get a break out, which may never happen. from what i recall, after a few years most people repress the virus completely (or it simply goes so dormant that you are considered to be free of it). Just be safe and use protection with her for quite a while to reduce risks.

14. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

dr's dont' even test guys for hpv.. :o
    most people have it.

15. enfiniti

enfiniti How firm thy friendship ... OHIO!

who gives a shit, everyone has it. tell her to get the shot so she doesnt get cunt cancer and then bone away. All women should probably get the shot anyway

16. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I have it. I get warts all the time...just not the kind on my biological toys. Mostly Plantars warts on my feet and little ones on my hands that come and go.

Guys are relatively unharmed by almost all types of HPV. It only harms women, IIRC, if they get warts on their cervix. Then it doesnt "harm" them...it makes it more likely for them to get cervical cancer.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rolleyes: The same way all men should wrap their fucking dick and maybe be less careless about who they sleep with.

18. owenstar

owenstar New Member

That was a deal breaker with a girl I was seeing last year. Super hot...glad she was honest....but condoms dont save you and warts? Gross...no thanks

19. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

ok...no? if she already has HPV, she is ineligible to receive the shot. The shot doesnt prevent all kinds of HPV, not all people can get the shot, and not all kinds of cervical cancer are caused by HPV. It is being recommended mostly for young women who are not yet sexually active, although many other women are getting it too. Just because you get an immunization doesnt mean you can be an idiot, and it doesnt destroy the virus. Only your immune system can clear the infection.

20. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

There is so much debate on the shot, it's ridiculous. It only protects against 4 cancer causing strains of HPV. They do say it's best to get it young/before being sexually active, however, it's okay to get if you're beyond that. I think the medical marketing/advertising for Gardasil was pretty poorly done.. :hs: I know I pretty much thought the same thing, and even expressed concern to my gyno. However, she pretty much told me that, even though I've probably been exposed to SOME strain of HPV, I would still benefit from the shot. Hell, I received my first dose 7 years after becoming sexually active, so there's hope.. :o

21. A_C_E

A_C_E Guest

I had been wondering about this (more from a curiosity standpoint). My SO has gotten the vaccination, so that means that she is now less likely to get cervical cancer, but can still be an HPV carrier? Or is she less likely to get HPV overall?

She has had sex with only one other guy so I'm assuming she doesn't have it already.

22. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

23. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Here's the thing with the vaccination: It's protects against 4 strains of HPV, 2 type that cause 70% of cervical cancer, and 2 types that cause 90% of genital warts. HOWEVER, there are approx. 40 strains of HPV that exist. So, while the vaccination protects greatly against the more "prevalent" strains, the risk is still out there, even if slim.

Edit: Not sure of the statistics post Gardasil introduction, but CDC quoted 50+% of Americans (male and female) coming in contact with HPV at some point in their lives.

24. squid

squid braap

It's which brand of HPV she has that matters. Some brand give girls chick cancer, some make you grow ugly shit on your dick, and most are innocuous.

And condoms aren't very helpful so don't think that's going to save you.

25. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

there are heaps of different kinds of HPV, some are symptomless. plus it's very very common, just never known about because they only started testing relatively recently when it was linked to cervical cancer.

wouldn't necessarily be a dealbreaker for me, if it didn't cause warts i probably wouldn't care.