girl friend feeling rushed/freaking out

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by boosheet, Apr 2, 2005.

1. boosheet

boosheet New Member

Well I’ve been dating this girl for a little over 2 months. She had just gotten out of a relationship a 3 year on and off relationship few months before we started dating. Now it seems like she is freaking out because of the girlfriend boyfriend title. She feels we have rushed in to this. Which I do understand because things did happen quickly. She says I have been doing all the perfect boyfriend things and she hasn’t been the perfect girlfriend. She said she doesn’t want to date anybody else and that she wants to date me… but she does miss her ex… because there were really good friends and they knew each other so well…. but she doesn’t want to be with him…basically she feels a little rushed… I think I’ll give her some space… what do you guys think? Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense I’m trying to write this quickly and then go to work.

2. Original

Original OT Supporter

I'm thinking she still has some feelings left over for her ex because 3 years is a lot to get over. I'd say give her some space for a little bit, give her some time to think to herself. If she really wants a relationship with you, she'll come back to you. Hang in there bud, things don't look too bad yet!

3. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

so give her the space she needs and go out with other women.

4. boosheet

boosheet New Member

thanks guys for your input... i will try to give her some space

5. boosheet

boosheet New Member

oh i also forgot to mention that she seems a little distant from me now a days... do you guys think it could be because she misses her ex?

6. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

she's afraid of getting too attached/moving too fast w/o being ready, or she fears she'll get hurt... so she's distancing herself from you. dont worry about it a ton. give her time and space and show her you care.

7. boosheet

boosheet New Member

yeah im trying not to... thanks for the feedback

8. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

If you give her space, and keep yourself busy, you'll seem ever so slightly disinterested in her, and it will drive her nuts. It will make her want you real bad, she'll rush back full force, then she'll freak out again. Rebounds are really tricky. You may want to back it off to just dating instead of boy/girl friend. That way you've got room to move forward OR back depending on how things go.

9. boosheet

boosheet New Member

I ask her why shes been so distant the past week and she says shes been extra moody lately. Stressing out over her career or lack there of. she just graduated and is stressing out about not having a job and her focusing on a relationship and focusing on finding a job is stressing her out. She says sometimes she doesnt know how she feels about me. PLUS shes PMSING and this has to play a part in all of this.

10. ClaireBear

ClaireBear Guest

Sounds like your GF is going through a "quarter life crisis" In mid-twenties its common for young adults to assess their lives and to become a little depressed or scared at the prospect of not meeting the grade.

Boy/girlfriends, careers, social lives all end up a swirling mess....

11. boosheet

boosheet New Member

well geeze thats comforting.....she also said i have nothing to worry about... but its kinda hard not to stress out... o well we shall see what happens