SRS "girl" / frat queston

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pringles, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I'm interested in rushing/pledging a frat next quarter. The only thing that is really stopping me is there is a girl in CO right now that will be in Santa Cruz CAL next year for school that I'm really attached to. She is also the same to me. She is constantly telling me no I shouldn't do it and she wont talk to me if I do. What is the best way to tell her I'm doing it and keep her on my side. Mind you this frat isnt your sterotypical frat. Sure they haze a little bit, but theres like 3 sterotypical frat guys in it, 3 computer nerds, 4 kids that just like to "chill", and the list goes on. Basically it's a giant mix of guys and thats why I like it. Either way how can I tell her I'm joinin this and keep her on my side.

Would it be best to see her over spring break and ask her if I've changed and when she says no say im in a frat and I just proved to you that it wont change me type of thing? Or what?

Help me OT :sadwavey:

2. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

prob not a good idea to hide it. she's just nervous that you're gonna be having a ton of huge parties and be around a ton of horny drunk chicks. just be open and honest about all of it and hopefully she'll understand why you want to do it and eventually be ok with it. good luck :hs:

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Or ask yourself "why do I want to pay for my friends?"

j/k.

Sorta.

But definately don't hide it from her. And yes, deviant is correct about why she is nervous.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Do you think thats all she is nervous about? Thats what I was thinking, but I figured it was another female thing and shes got something else she wants to say but thats her way of getting mad at me. weve been "together" on and off and I have never cheated on her. So it just seems weird how now she is bothered by it. So I should just tell her straight up im joining a frat and she can chose how she wants to deal with it?

5. deviant

pretty much. to be honest it's doubtful that a long distance relationship will last in college anyway. she knows this and knows that you'll probably meet a lot more women and have many more opportunities to cheat on her if you're in the typical frat that has a kegger every weekend.

6. Pringles

Pringles New Member

but thats the thing because next year it wont be a long distance relationship as she is transfering colleges. Her college of choice will be in driving range for the weekends. Not that it really changes anything.

7. deviant

an hour drive is a long distance relationship when it comes to college :o

8. 311-420

311-420 New Member

x2

9. Pringles

Pringles New Member

she seems alright with it guys. Thank you for giving me the confidence. I was scared shitless, but luckily it's in my nature not to show weakness when I speak. So obviously she was clueless to my nervousness and she didnt seem so mad, Just didnt like the hazing part.

10. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

live your life as you see fit. Odds are good your relationship isnt going to end in a permanent marriage anyways. If you start sacrificing your desires for her, you'll only wind up resenting her for it, meanwhile, she'll understand that she can make you do anything she wants

Basically the only time you should consider sacrificing your wants/desires for her is if by fulfilling them you hurt her

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Heyy, if you want to do it, do it! Girls sometimes feel threatened by things that could take up their guy's time. We also hear the stereotypical frat boy stories. Some are true, most aren't. I go to a very big school (40,000+) that has a VERY active greek community that I am proudly a part of. Most of the frat boys I know are the most honest and sincere friends I have. And, to be honest, most of them have girlfriends who aren't in sororities. So if that's her worries, tell her to brush them off. It's good social connections for you, and a great way to actively get involved with your campus. If she can't accept that, then maybe she isn't worth it?

12. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

why is a frat this important? it's just a frat...

13. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

and its 'just' a social life too!

14. gkremian

gkremian New Member

And not all frats are ridiculous, drunken rampages. It's a brotherhood.

15. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

are you saying that you can't have a social life outside of a frat?

16. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

im saying that a frat will enhance his social life

why wouldnt he join it?

17. ANUS_MANGLER

ANUS_MANGLER New Member

werd...

18. deviant

sure you can. the greeks system makes it easier for people to meet more people faster. especially if the person is a bit shy or not as outgoing, it's much easier for them to establish a larger network of friends faster than going to bars/parties/sporting events, especially if they don't already know anyone on campus.