SRS Girl asked if I had been talking shit on her 2 years ago...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by onedownfiveup, Nov 13, 2007.

1. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

So this girl I've been talking to lately said she talked to someone and asked how much shit I talked on her back about 2 years ago.

I hardly even knew her as a person back then and she was going through some things and at that time made a few poor decisions and I commented about them to her boyfriend at that time.

Do I just go on without bringing it up again, or should I explain how that was 2 years ago, she made some bad decisions and I commented about them and now 2 years later, I finally got to know you a little and have seen a lot of improvements in how she acts?

2. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Go with the latter.

It was 2 years ago, if she doesn't understand that then she's not worth your time.

3. onedownfiveup

I haven't talked to her since yet so we'll see how that pans out. :hsugh:

4. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I agree with D2R, go with the latter. It was 2 years ago, why is she even bringing that up at this point?

5. onedownfiveup

I just talked to her and she didn't bring it up and sounded fine (tone of her voice). I think she forgot about it too like I hoped.

Because someone just talked to her about it. Obviously someone that is jealous. That's the only reason I can think of.

6. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

When a person makes a bad decision, in that time, they sometimes don't know that. If you commented to her boyfriend at that current time about it, it'll eventually get back to her and it obviously has.

IF she brings it up, you tell her that one, it's been two years that you made that comment and things are a lot different now, and two, if she's persistent in knowing why you said it then just tell her that it was because she made bad decisions. If she keeps asking you about it then drop her like a hat.

You could probably even squeeze in something like she needs to get over the fact that she's made bad decisions and comes to terms with it and not let it haunt her, because obviously, if she's going to make a big deal out of it then it is still haunting her.

Baggage, much?

Unless you're the type that likes to help people out with their emotional problems? Then again, it might just be an insecurity thing with her. Who knows.

7. onedownfiveup

I hear you on that. She hasn't brought it up again yet, if she does I'll just tell her all that and see what goes from there.

8. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

Hopefully she'll be able to open up a bit and maybe even confide in you. If that happens, you know that she trusts you.

Sometimes people get really sensitive about things in their past that they're not proud of. And this is when you can maybe give her or show her some emotional support (if she needs it, that is). And sometimes they just kind of want to talk about it and be told that it was indeed a bad decision.

Either way, as long as this doesn't consume her every time she's thinking about you or talking to you, if you're interested in her then you could play this to your advantage.