SRS Girl Advice, Class

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by A5Gunner, Feb 26, 2010.

1. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

so I'm a 20 year old guy and need some advice.

I take only one night class currently (community college), one day a week for around 3 hours. There is a girl in our class that is really cute and seems nice from observing, but since it is a night class most people keep to themselves. Also, because most are going to bigger universities so they tend not to be as social because they won't be attending for long.

I am not a creeper who just stares or something, but she is hard to not notice

Now I have no idea how old she is (she could be a lot older) and what if she already has a bf or very well married.. There are some that are around my age, but others who are well 5+ years to me.

Now I know most people might say to just talk to her, but its not so easy I think. I am not really shy, but it just depends on the situation and thats my problem.
    I don't want it to be awkward for her or myself, we only have like 8 weeks left together. But what if she is already with someone, and like when there are breaks sometimes we leave the room, but everyone else in the room is like dead quiet. I do think the best time to talk would be when she goes out during breaks. But if she doesn't like me it will make everything awkward won't it?
    I don't usually pick girls up in classes lol and I'm not like a full time student.

So its hard because sometimes you find out these community college people live far away or will be going to universities in other states!

I don't really sit near her because most people sit in the same seats, so the teacher recognizes them. If I moved seats I think people would kinda notice something was up sadly lol

I don't know much about the girls personality so I am taking a chance, but that is always the most important thing.. but she just looks kind. I just don't know how I should make a move without surprising her or making it awkward.. she really doesn't talked to anyone only answers questions in class.

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Do you have assigned seating? (I don't know, I heard community colleges are like daycares...)

Anyway if not does everyone pretty much sit in the same place every day, I know people did in my classes. You could try getting their early and sitting near where she usually does, then hope to be grouped up with her for group projects or whatever you might have, or be a man and just strike up a conversation before class.

If you're shy there are a variety of little tricks you can use, like, off the top of my head, pull out your cellphone and pretend to be texting someone but actually text yourself. A few minutes later when you get it take some time to "read" it and then act noticeably upset. If she asks whats wrong you're golden, even if she doesn't just randomly say something to her about whatever made up scenario you are upset about.

3. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

there isn't assigned seating.. people usually sit in the same seats, but it is really up for the taking now that I think of it. I could move closer if I wanted to.

I just woudn't want her to sit behind me or something, after we talk if it didn't go well or something lol

4. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

that's super lame and i can't imagine it ever working for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that by acting upset about a text your drawing negative attention to yourself. no stranger is going to ask why you got upset over a text :hsugh:. this lame tactic would be more likely to work if you acted happy about this something you made up to text yourself about. then, being in suuuuch a happy mood about (whatever), it would only be natural for you to smile at this chick. people like being smiled at. she'll smile back. wave subtly. have a conversation later.

5. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

LOL 4 posts and 2 are here? Shouldn't this be in vaginarium or something?

And frankly, it'd be pretty hard to receive, and act on, advice you get here without anything you do seeming contrived.

6. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

what do you mean lol? sorry :hsd:

7. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

I don't think this tactic would work no matter the reaction. There are no tricks necessary here. Just find any reasonable reason to talk to her, and do it. Any reason will do if you can make conversation at all. If it doesn't work, so be it... you'll only see her once a week for 8 more weeks.

8. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

I mean, assuming you are not bold/carefree enough to just find any reason and talk to her, you won't be able to pull off any scheme to talk to her.

What's worse, having her realize that you came up to her because she's super cute, or having her realize that you're totally bombing some scheme you made up just to talk to her?

9. Jimeigh

the problem the OP has is that there isn't really any seemingly reasonable thing to talk to the girl about. he sits away from her and everyone in the class is silent the whole time. so, he has to invent a reason to talk - hence CodeX's idea of the texting ploy.

and, if he's going going to follow through, then i'll give him some further advice: whatever it is you pretend you were texted about, don't make it elaborate. and if you want to be extremely convincing, pretend something just happened that actually happened some time ago. that way you'll be familiar with what you're talking about and you won't have to make things up on the fly.

10. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

now I think it would be very embarassing if later on i like what i saw, and maybe eventually tried asking her out.. and she is like I have a bf. or worse I'm engaged.. lol :cool:

and she might very well be older than me probably.
    what do you guys think about that? :hsugh:

i think it is probably best to talk to her when she goes out during the break.. or when we come back from the break and i sit closer. it depends on what they go do on the break (ex. talk on the phone)

11. Jimeigh

any cold approach is bound to be "contrived." so what? she'll buy it if he's a good enough bullshit artist.

12. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

I find it hard to fathom that in such a situation, there would exist any plausible scenario to talk to her that doesn't scream false. But I could be wrong.

Thread starter is probably best off just going the straightforward route. If he just finds any time to talk to her, and just engages her in conversation without any ploy or segue to get started, then as long as she's at all interested in what he has to say, he's better off.

13. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

That's why it should be straightforward. It's okay if the implied reasoning to why he's talking to her is "because you're super cute."

Given the fact that he's even asking, and the manner in which he was asking, leads me to believe that he's not a good enough bullsh!t artist to pull this off otherwise.

14. Jimeigh

so what?

you've got yourself in a very self-defeating mind frame. you're convincing yourself you'll be embarassed by X outcome.

she's a person, like you, who for all you know might be flattered you were interested in her. i've hit on girls who turned out to be in relationships with other girls. so what? that means she saved you time and you can look elsewhere for hookups.

15. Jimeigh

yes, being straight forward is another good trick to use.

16. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

Yeah... it would be good for me to stay away from bsing.. im a nice caring guy lol not like that :hsd: do you think I should reveal shes super cute, or maybe eventually say that. like after if i decide on asking her out and finding out she isn't with a bf right?

17. Jimeigh

she already knows she's super cute. talking to her lets her know you think so; it's implied. you don't need to tell her. she's probably tired of hearing it anyway.

18. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

What? No. That's why I said "implied." She'll figure that out on her own, if she doesn't assume so the moment you take a step in her direction.

Let the (potential) boyfriend issue work itself out on its own. You'll find out sooner or later, so it's not really an issue.

19. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Whatever, I'm not saying I would ever do that, I would go and randomly start talking about something to her... I was just thinking of something that the OP might be able to do with his level of confidence...

Nice girls like asking whats wrong when they notice someone is upset, and sympathy is a strong emotion. Maybe his grandmother just died and he needs a hug :x:

20. CodeX

CodeX Guest

You know it's easy for people to say that, but obviously the TS cannot, or he would have, and not made this post...

So instead of telling him something he already knows I tried to come up with soemthing that would help him overcome the barrier that his constructing in his head between him and talking to her.

As juvenile as it may sound simply sitting closer to her in class can only help his chances of interacting with her, and interaction is pretty much required before you fuck, unless he wants to rape her...

21. Astringent

Astringent Hai!

I figured the most he really needed was encouragement, rather than an actual plan. Those who actually need a plan, usually can't pull it off. A catch 22, really.

Of course, he may get further with a plan than just working off the cuff, so that's something.

22. A5Gunner

A5Gunner New Member

im just going to talk to her in the break and use my magic, lol I'm not bad with ladies when I actually have known them, so i guess this shouldnt be too different. I'll just be smooth and if it doesnt work out.. I have a new friend and there are plenty of fish in the sea! :bowdown::bowdown::naughty:

23. Fail You Too

Fail You Too New Member

Confidence my man confidence. They smell it.

Don't think you might be able to pull her. KNOW you will and KNOW shes lucky to even have you talking to her. Like a real man...be an ass hole. (please not to her just have that persona about you)

24. Mike00

Mike00 New Member

Just ask her to get a cup of coffee or something after class. Whatever it is, somethign simple like that should be able to spark a conversation and she's going to know why your asking.

25. CodeX

CodeX Guest

Slap her ass and look her in the eyes when you do it, she will hate it then and might even slap you back, but I guarantee she will be thinking about it later that night...