A&P gimmie your opinion on my site redesign...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dmora, Jan 13, 2004.

1. dmora

dmora Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2004
  2. jTranz

jTranz Lost in Translation

I like the simplicity of the old one. The new one looks like it has potential. Just a whole lotta blue.

3. dmora

dmora Guest

yea, i'm wondering if its too much :-/

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Who is your target audience? First thing I noticed was the amount of white(in all byt the 2nd link you posted). Too much in my opinion. Everything seems to get "lost" in the white. No definition around the content area.

I'm liking the 2nd link you posted best so far. With the right layout inside the framework you have I think it could look very cool. :bigthumb:

5. dmora

dmora Guest

Hmm... The thing i dont like about that is text with anything other than white background and black text.

its just my personal/portfolio website, the target would be possible employeers.

6. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

v3.5 looks better. v3.0 is too dark.

Make the exteriour bg another colour other than white. Something dark and neutral.

7. dmora

dmora Guest

Thats what i think, and i agree, there needs to be some other color to cut down so much white space. Something purple to match the banner might be a little :greddy::gaysex: tho :hs:

8. jTranz

jTranz Lost in Translation

You can make the white work, if so, I would try blending the bkg in with the header / menus. Maybe try something with half borders instead of the full borders boxing up and closing that area and the bkg.

I still like the simplicity of the original. You just need more content on it pertaining to your work and yourself. The projects / photography links are there but kind of hard to spot off the main page.

9. dmora

dmora Guest

:hs: thanks for the notes. :cool: thats always been my weak point is content.

10. Logik

Logik Livin la vida broka

11. dmora

dmora Guest

care to elaborate? how do you think i should do the text text bubbles in layers or something (i hate layers:hs: )? Or just color code the text? Think i should put it in a text box like on my original page?