Gigabyte Ds4 Rev 2 speaker problem. Doc?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by negative zero, Nov 12, 2007.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

Using the onboard sound I can't get all 4 speakers to play at the same time.
    Front is plugged into the green, rear in the black. I can go into the software and switch the ports (neat feature) and then the rear will play but not the front. This tells me it isn't a bad port on the motherboard but it doesn't help me figure out what is wrong.

In the realtek HD Audio Manager it's set to Quadraphonics and Front is checked, so is Surround. This is in vista btw. Any ideas?

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

That does sound like a setting, and not a hardware issue.

But I only run two speakers so I can't even check.

In fact, right now i've gone to a Presonus FireStudio, so I'm not even using the soundcard inputs.

3. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I did download the newest drivers off gigabytes site before I ever hooked the speakers up. Wonder if I should go back to the old ones?

BTW my speakers are older logitech z-560 analogs.

Thanks anyway Doc.

4. Doc Brown

If you click on the icon for Realtek in your tool tray, are you able to get to this point?

[​IMG]

5. negative zero

negative zero New Member

Well I found something out. I do not think I have the latest drivers after all. I looked today and see some from 10/25/07. In device manager it shows a driver date of 10/16. So, I'm downloading them anyway. Their servers must really suck. Only getting 9.25KB/sec. So almost an hour for ~30MB

But my screen doesn't look like that Doc. What drivers are you using?

I actually chose the 7.1 setup and deselected the sides, etc so now I can hear the test tone out of all 4. It won't let me hear rears on 5.1 :dunno:.

If I hadn't put so much $ into this recently I would get the 5500 or 5550's whatever they're called. Just too much $ for what little I use speakers.

Now, isn't music supposed to come out of all the speakers? It did on my last build. Just looking for a way to test all of them in something other than their demo software.

6. Doc Brown

On the bottom half of the cd my Gigabyte drivers came on, it reads the following:

12DC1-101P35S-103R

And in a small button looking tab, it shows:

VER.1.03