Gift idea for girl heading to Russia

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ia_cox, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

Been seeing a girl for about a month, so nothing too serious. We're agreeing to not be together while she's gone, and pick back up if we're both feeling it when she gets back.

However, she leaves in a week for a semester abroad in russia, where's she's going to some dance/theatre school in Moscow (we're both in school for theater). I don't feel obligated to get her something but I know if we traded positions it'd be really nice if I did.

So, I got two ways to do this. Something sentimental, or something practical. She also has a 50lb weight limit on her checked luggage so space is limited as well.

One thing I've noticed she really likes is different textures on her lips. don't ask me where in her childhood this came from, but it seems comforting for her to have her hair running across her lips, or she has a small sheeps skin she's had for years that she likes doing the same thing. It seems kinda weird to type out but I think we all have things like this. Obviously I could get her something along the lines of comforting but something that she could remember me at the same time. Previous gfs i've just given a shirt that smells like me when they take off; that might work for this situation as well, but I was looking for maybe something different.

Otherwise i could do soemthing practical...this is what I'm more leaning towards. if you had minimal space in your suitcase and assumed you had all the essentails (dictionary, that type of thing) what else would help you in a foreign country?

Anyway, thanks for any advice

2. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Depending on how much you like her... a webcam to keep contact?

Or just something as simple as a dinner/date reservation to your (hers) fav restuarant for when she returns?

:dunno: im lost on this one.

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Buy her a phone card with a bunch of international long distance minutes on it so she can call you. Put a note on it, "For when you get lonely." Then your phone number.

4. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

Double sided dildo.

5. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

she already has a webcam and a skype account. I'm the one behind the times that needs to get one if we decide we want to keep in contact that much. That's kinda something I need to figure out as well, just how much "together" our "not together" will be.

And the favorite restaraunt thing is out. We've eaten out only a handful of times since being together; she deosn't like spending money eating out and we both can cook so we've been eating at home instead.

I'm going to throw this up too :dunno: I'm pretty much lost.

Thanks for playing tho!

6. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

:eek3: fuck I forgot all about those. That would be PERFECT for her (compulsive reader) but yeah it's hard to spend $300 on a girl I've been with a month.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

"In soviet russia, this dildo will use you..." :mamoru:

8. giz

giz Active Member

get her a few books

9. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

I'd go for something practical yet sentimental. Something that she will use or be around often that she will associate with a good side of you.

For instance, one time I went on a sailing trip in the Bahamas for 9 days, would be back in town for 3 (and she, the GF at the time, wouldn't get to see me) then I was off to a summer camp for 7.

During that time she was going on a river trip with her family. I was required to have polarized sunglasses for the Bahamas trip so I gave her my unpolarized glasses that she loved to wear and let her borrow my Marley blanket while I was gone. And of course, she practically stole my climacool soccer warm up jacket as soon as the season was over but always had me wear it when I was with her so it smelt like me.

10. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Make her an ipod playlist? It really all depends on her personality. I am all the way across the country from my guy and he gave me a stuffed panda. It's perfect size to cuddle and very cute. :) But I like things like that.

11. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

a box of condoms.

sucks for you.

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

dick in a box

13. ia_cox

ia_cox Active Member

meh, at least she won't come back with commie STDs

14. tibbar

tibbar aww fennec foxah aww

Get her some ecstasy, then when she rubs her lips on something she'll REALLY like it!*

*disclaimer, I've never done X so I don't know if rubbing things is all that awesome, but I've heard?

15. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

you don't know that ;)

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you could leave her with the greatest gift of all......

a baby.

17. PRIME

PRIME New Member

Get her a journal to document her experiences while there and start it off by taking a picture together and writing in an entry.