Ghosting PLasmas?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hennessey1013, Jan 12, 2008.

1. hennessey1013

hennessey1013 New Member

Hi everyone,

I know this may hav ebeen covered but a lot of the information i found online isnt too definitive.

Basiclly I want to get a plasma but im worried a little about burning with the 360. I have read some sites that say with name brand TV's isnt really an issue, especially with all the options.

What do you guys think? Im looking for some first hand experience if anyone has anyone.

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

You're not going to get burn-in on any TV as long as the picture doesn't stay exactly the same for hours on end.

3. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

That is not always true. My friends Samsung 720p plasma has burn in and he has never left it on a specific picture for hours. He plays tons of Halo and that is what is burned in(the HUD from the game) His TV is about a year old.

4. Hate Crime

Hate Crime Don't Hate OT Supporter

Run an anti-burnin DVD. It's not burned in.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Fair enough; if a pixel stays the same color for long enough, it will burn in. I keep forgetting that video games have some parts of the screen that look exactly the same at all times.

In any event, a good cycling of all the pixels should reverse the effect. Now, if he sees the effect when the screen is off, then he's fucked.

6. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

Not any usefull info, just experience.
    My aunt keeps her wide screen TV set to standard aspect ratio. Now she has permanent bars down both sides.

7. David02

David02 Guest

I have played lots of games on my Panasonic plasma, and have not noticed one single bit of burn in or image retention.

Burn in is basically a thing of the past. I have heard one solid instance of it on AVS forums, but it was when some guys wife paused a movie scene then walked away and forgot it for several hours. It was some scene of a sunset so it had one really bright spot...

Even if you do get burn in, there are ways to easily get rid of it. There are lots of moving patterns available online that you download and burn to DVD. Run that for a little while and it goes away.