COMIC Ghost Rider question

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by usd2020, Oct 19, 2006.

1. usd2020

usd2020 New Member

I haven't been too into comics since the early 90s but thanks to the Ultimate comics and Civil War I've gotten back into them lately. My question is, has there been any news about a possible Ultimate Ghost Rider series? I'm not sure how they would handle him but I think it'd be pretty good.

thanks in advance.

2. void

void oh yeah?

if they do make an ultimate ghost rider...they should totally re-vamp his origins. a demon fused to some regular joe who sold his soul to the devil might have sounded cool way back when...but i've always thought it was kind of stupid. marvel has been pretty smart when it comes to bringing in ultimate versions of characters, espically lesser characters like the silver surfer, mahr vehl, and other wierd characters; so hopefully they think of something cool for GR too.

3. Bobbot

Bobbot Safer than a Doombot!

But to answer your question, no, there has been no word of bringing GR into the Ultimate universe yet. I think they're still shying away from the paranormal stuff. However, they tried to shy away from the alien stuff too, but look where they're at now. It's just a matter of time.

4. Hiero

Hiero New Member

I think that Mystic Arts is difficult to deal with when writing comics because one has to deal with it in such a way that will make the characters believable in such fantastical settings. A problem with a revamp of an origin is that you get complaints from old school fans.

5. void

void oh yeah?

the complaints can be ignored if the character is done properly. how many old school captain america fans do you think went absolutely apeshit when they witnessed ultimate cap snap a guys neck or shoot someone in the face. he was written in a way that not only was it worth losing that sense of "cap doesn't kill," but it was written to where he could do both at the same time. :eek4:

he's fucking captain america and he doesn't give a rats ass what you think...if it's bad...he's going to hurt you! if you threaten his life, then taking yours is no skin off his back. ultimate cap is such a badass.

6. Hercules Antigua

Hercules Antigua OT Supporter

:werd: Especially when you also consider how much stronger he is than in 616

7. Omegaboy

Omegaboy Scuzzy Psychout Merchant OT Supporter

There were never any real strong ghost rider series to begin with.
    There were a few arc's here and there but no solid series.

Would be cool to see a new origin and enough material for a good series, would need a REEAL good writer, but its doable.

8. Bobbot

Not Daniel Way.

9. void

void oh yeah?

:barf:

10. AMIRITE

AMIRITE CANNON SPIKE!!

I wonder how/if they would change the appearance of Ultimate GR (if it were ever to be made, which I fucking hope it does).

I think he looked awesome in the Hammer Lane series.

& also :bowdown: at the ult. captain america comments.

He's the best Ultimate Universe hero.

11. Bobbot

If they change the Ghost Rider appearance, they should change it to the Dan Ketch version with sharper spikes...I guess. Hard to change something perfect like that. They could make his bike sweeter though. You know, like a chopper. Basically, Dan Ketch on Jon's bike. And 'roids.

12. AMIRITE

AMIRITE CANNON SPIKE!!

I actually loved the design in that last Clayton Crain/Garth Ennis series.

GR & his bike just looked awesome.

& blah, I think i'm the only one who can't really tell the difference between Ketch GR & Blaze GR

13. Bobbot

Ketch is the design they're using now with the spikes and the cleavage re: burning chest. He also had the chain wrapped around the torso. JB had a studded open jacket with straps that sported a leatherwrapped torso underneath. The Crain/Ennis mini sported a classic JB GR. The current ongoing is going with the more popular look of Dan Ketch. Dan Ketch is dead and John Blaze isn't, so they're using JB with Dan Ketch looks. They're merging Ketch's powers with the JB GR, i.e. the penance stare.