COMIC Ghost in the Shell... wha?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by 240 KA-T, Jul 30, 2004.

1. 240 KA-T

240 KA-T New Member

Ok so all I have seen is Ghost in the Shell 1. A couple months ago I saw a preview for Ghost in the Shell 2. A couple days ago Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex was release in stores here. I checked it out and it looks like it has 4 episodes and says vol.1.

What is this, ghost in the shell 2? If not when is that going to be available on dvd and what IS ghost in the shell anyways? A series that had a movie? :dunno:

Anyone that could do some explaining would be very helpful!

2. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

First movie is seperate from series. Was meant to just be a movie but was extremely successful.

Standalone Complex is a series. Series has a bit of a different story than the movie but still within the same "universe".

Second movie I'm pretty sure is tied in within the series. But I don't know too much about it since I haven't looked up too much info on it yet.

3. JP

JP Active Member

i belive the second movie is just a sequal to the first one since you see the major in the little girls body. (havnt seen the second movie :( )

the series has nothing to do with either of them, btw the series is very good :big grin:

i have the first and second season on fansub throu eps 26 but have only seen the first half, anybody know if there will be a third season?

4. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

first movie has the worst ending evar

5. JP

JP Active Member

hell ya did that ending ever piss me off

6. Blood Moon

Blood Moon Guest

I'm already watching Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. Same characters, new intro/outtro and new soundtrack.:bigthumb:

7. JP

JP Active Member

i just watched the first eps of 2nd gig, i really like the new OP but the ED still sucks!

animations seems stepped up this time around, probably the best looking anime i have ever seen.

8. R4NS0M

R4NS0M New Member

I actually like the whole SAC series better than the movie. Up to episode 11 of 2nd Gig, but haven't heard of anymore subs after that. Also, there is the GITS: Man Machine Interface manga, but that's in a different different world it seems like. And I was really confused by it all...

9. Nexx

Nexx Guest

SAC = rocks.

The manga movie release was pretty bad but it was to be expected compressing a great anime to a ~2 hour film. =P