Ghost/Image Live server to rebuild partition and load image after....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fintheman, Oct 2, 2007.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Okay - we have a situation in where we have to rebuild a server since it was originally configured with a system drive (C:) with not enough space. This is a Windows 2003 System that runs terminal server.
    It is in a Raid 5 configuration.
    C: 12.0 GB D: 136 GB E: 56.1 GB
    We are just going to want to throw 15 more GB towards the system partition.
    It is RAID 5 so Gpart/partition magic is a little too "iffy" to try this out.
    I've been hearing about Acronis True Image? Norton does "support" it with Ghost either.
    Basically, I wish to make this as simple as possible. I will pick up a USB 2.0 External Hard Drive to complete this.
    Since this is a terminal server, this shit will be completely CRAZY to rebuild if it gets to that point so I would like to do EVERYTHING and anything to avoid this.
    Basically - I need a Livestate backup that will allow me to do just that.
    Please, someone help me out on this, lol!
    I'm going to be doing my research but I had to ask the great forum - I'm sure someone will have a great solution on here, or a piece of software to recommend in order to do this. I will gladly get my company to pay for this piece of software as it would be more than beneficial in the future to use it.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Can you provide a lil more info on how your RAID is setup? Do you have 3 physical drives and you have 3 partions spread out between them or what? Depending on the RAID chipset, Ghost may see the drive properly.

3. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Fixed

Was able to use Acronis Disk Director Server (booted to disk, resized, and restarted)

Worked flawlessly over a Perc 4e Raid 5 dell 2800PE