Ghost 2k3 bootable dvd problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by techx, Dec 5, 2005.

1. techx

techx New Member

Not sure if anyone here can help with this but I can't seem to find an answer elsewhere. I'm trying to create a bootable DVD with a ghost image on it. I have followed the instructions at symantecs site HERE but when I boot up with that dvd it comes to a point where it says invalid command. Here is what is in my config.sys:
    Code:
    device=himem.sys
    device=cdrom.sys /D:mscd001
    files=50
    buffers=30
    dos=high,umb
    stacks=9,256
    lastdrive=z
    and here is what my autoexec.bat looks like:
    Code:
    mscdex.exe /D:mscd001 /L:Q
    ghost -clone,mode=load,src=Q:\CDR00001.GHO,dst=1 -sure -fx
    I have 3 seperate files that ghost made when I created the image they are
    CDR00001.GHO, CDR00002.GHO, and CDR00003.GHO
    Does anyone see what the problem is? The DVD does boot, but I noticed that drive q: never gets mapped and the dvd is mapped to c: instead. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Thanks

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i've never had easy success with ghost booting multiple devices. i did make my ghost floppy boot disk into a cd, so i could actually use it (most computer i use don't have a floppy any more) anyways, i usually just break down and do a hard drive to hard drive copy or, like my current computer, i have my image on a dvd, but i transfer the image to a hard drive on another computer, then use that drive to do the restore.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

If you don't have the right driver, mscdex won't wrap the device properly. Also, unless you boot ghost on the virtual boot partition (ie, the same place you have your autoexec.bat), you need to specify the directory to where it is (on the root of Q for example).