ghost 2003 help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by inferno8ball, Mar 16, 2004.

1. inferno8ball

inferno8ball 190 proof Everclear + MD Amped energy d

i have ran into a problem when trying to create an image of a hard drive onto a network share using ghost 2003

when it reboots to go into pc-dos mode to start the imaging, when it promts me for my domain user name and password, it starts to fuck up.

at first i just used my standard, tadams and my password, but then it stated that i didnt have access to the share and then aborted the imaging.

tried ti again and figured that i had to use "domainname\tadams", but when i did that, it said that it was an invalid parameter, then aborts the ghost.

and thoughts or ideas on how to fix this problem?

thanks

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

DO you have both access to the share and the security settings of the folder set properly? You can't have one without the other or else it wouldn't work. I use simply my username with no domain when I use ghost.

Only other problem I've ever run into in DOS mode is the network card/drivers not working, but then you see a pile of errors for that.

3. inferno8ball

the share and securities is set up properaly.

the actual error it gives me is

"Error 67: the network name cannot be found"

edit: i had made a typo with the sahre and securities, so now it finds it, but for some reason it doesnt validate me and asks for a password for the share, when there is no password set up on the share

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  4. inferno8ball

i got it to work, thanks, now the real hard part comes, making a bootable cd

5. 5Gen_Prelude

Nah - that's easy - make a bootable floppy and use that as an image for the CD. Make sure it works perfectly before you burn it though.

6. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

I could never figure out why Ghost doesn't have support for making a bootable CD with ALL of the network drivers on it. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do. :dunno:

7. 5Gen_Prelude

Yeah - I guess they just figure there's other companies out there that can handle making them. And for trouble shooting that bootable CD, it really is better to do it with the floppy. The other point I guess would be that you don't need anything on the CD if you plan on using the network so its only advantage is for computers that don't have a floppy (well and boot time). What's a little disconcerting though is that you can now save to a NTFS folder locally - nice security MS!

8. inferno8ball

i tried making the bootable floppy, then using nero to copy it to a cd, via the bootable cd wizard.

it didnt work. it said error writing to drive a:, i failed it repeated times and then it just hung, multiply time.

im just going to keep plugging away at it. i check bootdisk.com and followed their instructions, but then i went to the "barts way" site and that shit is a little out there for me to do right now.

i figure i just need to make some changes to the autoexec.

and btw, the error it gives me after the error writing to drive a: is sumthing about failure to write to c:something or another, and then it says the network is busy.

edit: btw i checked this thread out: http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=752867&highlight=bootable+cd

and his results are similar to mine, and its all like whoa SAME EXACT FUCKING THING. i even posted in that thread back when i was trying to use drive image pro, now i have ghost.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  9. 5Gen_Prelude

Well I've never tried Nero for this, but I have used Easy CD Creator 5 to make a bootable CD and it never failed me. :dunno: