Gf's parents... !!!!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by hayte997, Jul 29, 2005.

1. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

OK.... GF has planned to attend a certain college for a few years, before we met. We're much in love and have talked about marriage and plan to be together forever. We see each other daily, talk on the phone every few hours when apart.. Well, she recently decided not to attend the college 2,000 miles away, mostly because she fears our relationship would end (which it probably would, though I don't tell her that), her parents are IRATE to say the least. They've always been unreasonable and at times very hypocritical. They sit there and bitch at her for changing her mind then tell her it's *her decision* yet when she says she made up her mind to stay, they get pissed. It's obvious the only way to make them happy is for her to go, yet if she told them that, they'd freak out. It's so absurd.
    Now they're telling her that she's obsessive about me and we spend too much time together.
    :madfawk:
    WTF is too much time together with someone you love? That's such bullshit! Her parents got married after 7 months of dating! I fucking doubt they limited their time together.

I'm so fucking pissed right now, I just want to call them up and yell at them except it'd only make them hate me. I'm thinking about sitting them down and having a calm conversation with them, if possible.

Well, I'm off to punch a wall.

2. gibhunter

gibhunter New Member

You got it all wrong. They are worried about their daughter's future. If she or you together can show them that staying locally will give her just as good an education and future prospects as going away, then they would be willing to compromise. They probably want her out of the house too, but not living with her boyfriend, getting pregnant and dropping out of college.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

I dont think the parents would ever understand if you talk to them. tHey dont understand how you feel about her, since there not in your shoes. They want the daughter to have a great future the American dream and most likely think this is just talk about marriage and your young. I think everything will work out for the best, but the parents will not be acceptable of your idea sorry to say. Not being negative, but this is how most parents would think

4. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

just wondering, but how old are the both of you...?

5. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

my g/f's parents are the same way, they just gonna have to get over it though because my girl really loves me and would do anything for me.

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

so she is giving up going to a college that she really wanted to go to, probably a fairly good one too, just to stay with you and go to college locally? Sounds like a bad decision on her part.

Her parents are right, they are looking out for her. For you to call her parents judgment wrong in this case really shows how selfish you are. If she cant go away to college without you saying the relationship wont work, then you are a lowlife anyways, and it will fall apart sooner or later.

Her parents know her and whats best for her FAR BETTER than you do at this point. Just because you seem to be at an age where you know it all and know whats best for her...YOU DONT.

If you love her, let her go to the college she wants without guilting her into staying around you. Actually you should be encouraging her to make the right decisions. I am sure your defense will be "she made the decision, not me"...well you know why she made the decision, she did it for you even though it could hurt her future.

Your immaturity shows throughout your post. I hope her parents send her away anyways and ban her from seeing your sorry ass ever again. Selfish Loser.

7. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

Thanks for the replies.
    Malthus, yes I know her parents well and that hasn't changed anything. :(

Fuck you! You don't know anything about me. Did you not read my post? I have in no way tried to get her to stay, I have told her numerous times to go on with her plan. Yes, in my mind I believe if she were away for 4 years, our feelings would fade and you can't tell me that in the back of your mind, you wouldn't think the same for your GF being long distance for 4 years, maybe only seeing each other every 6 months. Do you know how hard that is? I do. I moved 3,000 miles from my ex-girlfriend. This was a girl I grew up with, we were going to get married and nothing was gonna stop us! BUT not seeing each other for 6-7 months at a time took it's toll and it's hard to love someone you can't hold. You need someone next to you, someone to talk to in person and we didn't have that and me and my GF won't have that.
    Man, sometimes love is just too important to possibly lose.
    But like I said before, I have in no way tried to get her to stay and I would never tell her what I just typed up.
    She's scared, she thinks it wouldn't work out being apart and she doesn't want to lose me. You don't know what we have, we're more than BF/GF. There's no "other fish in the sea" bullshit here.

Put yourself in her shoes, you're thinking about attending college 2,000 miles away, you have a GREAT thing going with your serious GF. Would you not be worried about splitting up since you'd only see each other every several months?

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I have to agree.

Also, glad I'm no longer in highschool.. :hsugh:

9. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

If it's true and meant to be, then distance won't be a factor. Some of us realize it's a deeper connection than just physical.

Oh yeah, I've been there, and have not regretted making "the hard decision". You have to plan for the future and look out for yourself, especially when you're young. If there can be someone by your side for those times, great, but in most cases, this is not what works.

You sound young, probably about 18 or so, you'll have many GFs between now and when you're my age, believe me.

10. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

i have been in her shoes before. when i was a senior in high school, i was torn between going up north to some really great schools, or staying here and going to the local university. after he proposed, i opted to go to the local university. we have since broken up and now i am stuck at a school i dont particularly care for, and all i can think about is what could have been had i gone to the school i really wanted to. even 2 years later, i still resent him.

just some food for thought

11. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

*swish*

12. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Are you kidding me? She chose to give up a better school to attempt a future with you!?!? You twao are so young, so young. I know it seems like life or death right now, but it is not. There will be planty of others for both of you, where you think you are going to get "married." Etc. The only reason why her parents are so upset is because they know this, and they wanther to work twoards her future, not her right now.

So, no, you should not talk to her parents. You should in fact talk to her, and let her know that you love her and you wont let her make this mistake. If you two are meant to be, then you will be. What is stopping you from going to a local school around where she is going to school? Let her future come first, these first few years are essential!

13. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

she should have went to the school that was 2k away. I think the parents made the right decision.

14. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Once again, your immaturity shows. You know it all dont you? Wait a few more years till you find out how wrong you were about everything. Just do her a favor and dont ruin her life for your selfish ambitions ok? If it would work apart, then it wont work forever together either. What are you doing to do later in life when work or other unplanned events force you apart for unknowing amount of time?

You think I dont have a clue, I dont know you or your situation, but most of us have been there before. Just because you got an answer you dont like doesnt mean its wrong. You need to grow up, and instead of just going along with whats best for you, encourage your girl to do what is best for her. Thats something that love entails, alot of self sacrifice so the other can be better. For you 2 want, or even let her give up a previous goal before you were in her life, shows what kind of man you really are...:squint:

15. Lick Harrass

Lick Harrass New Member

I concur. Also, even though you said you didn't ask her to stay hayte997, you ARE UNDOUBTEDLY the reason she is staying. Did you not think of it that way? From the way you're telling this story, her parents see you as a roadblock, and they're right. Don't go off ranting and raving and the HONEST help people are providing you with. People like you are the reason post derogatory responses, because you give them reason to. I know your situation, I know how you feel to a certain degree- everyone is different. Yeah you love her and all that wonderful pizzaz, however, there is no guarantee that you will be together forever. If you love her as much as you say you do, let her go to the school that she originally wanted to go to, and hey, heres an idea, go with her. Her parents will be happy, she'll be happy and you'll probably be happy with her.

Otherwise, make sure she goes to that school. Remember, if it wasn't meant to be, you'll find out when she leaves.

16. low20

low20 Member

i went thru that shit a bunch of years ago when i got out of HS...my advise to you is, no matter how much you love this chick, just let it go and let her go to the other school....if she goes away, theres no point in trying to do a 4yr college LD relationship...you WILL hate it. let her go and find someone else you love...me and my ex tried that for a yr and i eneded up hating her guts and still do....now i have an awsome gf and am super happy with where were at....

17. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

So...I'm still confused. Was she giving up that college to go to another one locally, or was she just giving up college all together to stay closer to you? Local college doesn't always equal "bad college". That is assuming you have a college nearby that is equally as good as the one she was considering; and if this was the case then her parents probably wouldn't be as worried. However, that doesn't change the fact that she's giving up going to the school she had her hopes set on because of you. It doesn't matter if you haven't told her you want her to stay; she can read the expressions on your face & the sound in your voice that says you aren't thrilled for her, and that is what's making her stay.

How old are the both of you? If you're out of high school & you're that set on being around her (and you haven't decided on a college or whatever), then why don't you just move out there near where she wants to go to college? Not saying you should do this, but it would be better than her staying somewhere she doesn't want to be. Her parents have every right to be upset. You should get started in the real world by getting yourself set up doing what's best for you so that if something should go wrong relationship (or otherwise), you always have that good education, etc., to fall back on. This is all her parents are trying to do for her; make sure she gets a good head start so that she has something to fall back on.

18. incubimmer

incubimmer New Member

yer 2 fucking young, and they know better than you. you're really holding her back by not letting her go to the good college, id be pissed as fuck too. id probably be alot worse about it than they are, if a guy fucked up my daughter like that id murder him.

yer not even out of fucking colege yet (or in for that matter) and you think you want to spend your life together? 50% of marriages dont work, your type of marriage wouldnt last 5 years tops. stfu, find a diff girl (which you will whether shes there or not) and quit ruining other ppl's futures just cuz ur a stupid teenager who thinks they are in love. you havent seen shit yet, ul kick yourself in the balls for this post if u get married and then get divorced cuz shes gonna b SOL when she cant get a job cuz u killed her chances.

edit: and shes even more of a fucking idiot than you. god damn im sick of seeing this teen marriage shit. yer not even legal to drink at your own wedding, god damn.

19. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

Are you done? Is it possible for you to realize how stupid you just made yourself look? It only took me 4 times to finally understand what you were saying, due to the grammar and spelling. Here's an idea..
    STAY THE FUCK OFF THE INTERNET AND GO BACK TO 5TH GRADE, IDIOT!
    And for the record, dipshit. We are NOT teenagers, so you may stfu.
    And you can't tell me if our relationship will or will not work so once again, stfu.

And fuck off you moron, I have not ruined her life, IT'S HER MOTHERFUCKING IDEA TO STAY, WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEAD, YOU PIECE OF SHIT?

I mean seriously, are you that stupid? How does the fact that she fell in love with me and is afraid of losing me, make me the bad guy who deserves to be murdered? You truly are an idiot. PM me your phone number, seriously. I'd really like to talk to you.

20. Bleed

Bleed New Member

dude you have some serious anger issues. get yourself off of the internet and check yourself into anger management. what's the point of asking for advice if all you do is freak out and swear up a storm to people that are giving you their opinions that you asked for by posting on here?

you seem pretty set on wanting to keep her around locally for college so why would you even ask for other people's advice? just to get validation you are correct? it might work out (you never know) but statistically you are betting against the house.

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

What's up with everyone here yelling at you. :ugh:

My ex came out to CA to be with me and attend a school 200x better than the one she was already at and her parents were furious about it. I'm pretty sure it was because they didn't like the fact that I was here. :mamoru:

I was like you. I firmly believed in letting my gf make the choice herself although I admit I pushed for CA too, but it was one of the best schools she could get into. It actually took her about a year to get accepted.

Even her sisters hated me. :wtc: But then we broke up and now they all like me, like really like me, always telling her to get back with me and crap. :rolleyes:

These days, where you go to school hardly matters. It's experience that everyone wants. There will always be recruiters who "scout" the top schools, but if the job market for your major is crap, those recruiters are nowhere to be found.

I'm a romantic myself. It may be foolish, but I've always cared more about relationships than my career.

22. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

your an official idiot arent you? 90% of the posts here disagree with you, anyone with a brain will. Yet you still seem to think in your arrogant teenage way that you are right. Go fuck up both your lives...go luck. You sound like typical deadbeat trash anyways...:rofl: threatening people on the internet...wow man, you seriously need to get a life.

23. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

Bleed, WTF? How do I have anger issues? I came here to have a serious discussion and instead I get people who don't know the first thing about me, telling me I need to be murdered, kicked in the balls and that I'm fucking up my GF's life oh and I'm "deadbeat trash". All I can do is laugh right now. Redvsblue, staying typical to deadbeat trash, I'd like to mention that you're GF looks like a skinny crackwhore (like the ones in my trailerpark) and for you, well, you're just plain fugly. Seriously.

24. Nikkorizz

Nikkorizz New Member

I knew a friend who maintained a long distance relationship through out his four years of college. They only met in the summer and all that jazz, it was hard on both of them, but they managed to pull through. So it's not entirely possibly if you know you truly love this girl.
    I agree with the others that you're proabably a road block in her decision, but don't take it to heart. Are you willing to take the burden of altering her future? We know what you want and what your girlfriend's parents want, but sometimes a relationship is about giving up. You love her and you ultimately know what's best for her, even if it doesn't coincide with what *you* want. That's because you are her significant other, and you want the best possible life for her.

Even if it really hurts.

25. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl: Is this where I respong pissed off that some idiot on the internet made fun of me and my girl? I mean honestly, you show some balls making fun of me, but to attack a female for no reason just shows how much of a pussy you really are. You once again in your reply prove my point again. You are nothing but trash. If you wish to keep going back and forth that fine, it makes my day go quick when things are slow here in the office.

Amazingly almost everyone has agreed with me and all the responces seem to point and laugh at you. Instead of realizing how much of a fool you really are, you just call everyone else an idiot. If you dont want advice, dont ask.

:rofl: Side note: my g/f will be happy you called her skinny, like all females she always seems to think she is fat. Can't be a crackwhore though, first off she only sleeps with me, and second...neither of us really know where to get any crack. Now if you want to call us potheads, well that would be a compliment, but atleast it would be correct.

Thanks, but next time try with some better insults. Ya know, like making fun of my dick size, or some 'your momma' jokes. Then I will be really pissed...

:wavey: till next time.